Home

I scored 3 runs with 2 outs in the 9th to win 8-7! The Comeback Thread

This is a discussion on I scored 3 runs with 2 outs in the 9th to win 8-7! The Comeback Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2015, 02:23 PM   #9
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I scored 3 runs with 2 outs in the 9th to win 8-7! The Comeback Thread

I just had a great game. Mets(me) at Cardinals.

Cards up 6-3 going to the ninth. I get 2 guys on with 2 outs in steps Travis D'arnaud already with a HR in the game and one in the first game of the series. He hits another one to tie the game at 6.

It goes to the 11th still tied, I get a guy on with 2 outs and David Wright coming up. He hits a 2 run shot to give me the lead. My closer comes in and finishes the game for me in the bottom of the inning.

God I love this game!
Old 06-10-2015, 02:28 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

It's been a few weeks, so I forget the particulars now, but we were down 10-5 to the Reds with two outs in the bottom of the eighth.

We ended up getting four runs that inning, with Freeman hitting a three-run double for the key blow. Then we got two off Chapman in the ninth to win it 11-10.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:31 PM   #11
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9

Had a fun one in my new Indians chise. Started a new franchise with one of the new pitch edits rosters and also wanted to start out the year with Lindor on the big league club in search of a Rookie of the Year award.

So onto the game...5 games into my season. Playing the 3rd and decisive game of a series at Progressive Field against the Tigers. Kluber vs Price. In my first franchise with the Tribe after purchasing MLBTS 15, every game that Kluber pitched, I could not provide him any run support. In my newest franchise, it seemed to continue in his first start by only providing him with 2 runs in a loss. I'm hoping to have him in the race for the Cy Young award in my franchise also, so I was hoping his second start of the year would be better. It was.

Kluber mowed down 13 by the seventh inning and had only allowed 1 run. We actually provided some runs and had a lead of 4-1. But he was running out of energy and I was gonna have to go to the bullpen. After walking Rajai Davis to begin the 7th, I go to my bullpen. Then the wheels fall off. They score 4 in the 7th to take a 5-4 lead. I get nothing in the bottom of the 7th or 8th and I have the bottom of my order coming up in the bottom of the 9th going against Joakim Soria.

First batter up, Swisher. He knocks a high line drive to left field...missed a solo home run by about a foot, but ends up with a double. No outs. I sub in Bourn to pinch run.
Next batter, Mike Aviles. He was 2-3 in the game but I pinch hit for him with the lefty Lonnie Chisenhall. He gets down 0-2 but then lines a double into right center, scoring Bourn and tying up the game.
Next batter...Ryan Raburn. Again, I go to a lefty, David Murphy, off my bench to pinch hit against the righty, Soria. He gets the count to 3-2. Next pitch, I'm planned to look for something in the middle of the zone. Sure enough, Soria delivers a fastball up and in the middle that Murphy blasts into the right-center seats for the game winner!! Soon as I hit it, I dropped the controller and threw both hands up in the air! Awesome feeling! I hate that Kluber got a no decision after K'ing 13, but that comeback victory against our division rivals was just as sweet. Man, I love this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2015, 08:40 PM   #12
MVP

crains13's Arena

OVR: 23

Played one of the greatest games ever in The Show series. Franchise game against the Cardinals as the Reds..... I go up early 2-0, the Cards quickly take a 7-2 lead with a 6 run inning to knock Cueto out of the game. I try to make a rally and get within two runs (7-5), and they strike back with a 3 run innings and I'm back down by 5. Down 10-5, the St. Louis bullpen completely collapses and give up 9 runs combined in the 7th, 8th and 9th and I pull off the crazy 14-10 win. I've never scored so many runs in a game before. My offense absolutely exploded, after getting shut out the game before. Definitely my best comeback I've ever experienced.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

This isn't a late inning comeback really, but I fell down 5-0 to the Nats in the 1st for the second straight game. However in the bottom of the 5th my offense hit right back and after a few singles and an Andrelton Simmons 3 run HR, it was 5-5. I went on to win 9-7 and then get shutout 2 of the next 4 games.

I've never really had a gam have a 10 run inning before.

― Plato
Old 06-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #14
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Playing a Braves franchise with 30-team control, Armor & Swords 1.4 sliders and Totte's backdated version of Willard's Revision roster. I decided to play the 1st game of the year (Cubs vs Cardinals) to avoid the "1st Homerun of Career" glitch, since playing the game was mentioned as a potential workaround in another thread. I already planned on playing 162 with my Braves, and now after this game, I think I'll be playing a "Sunday Night Baseball" game of the week every week to keep things fresh and get a view of how teams are doing around the league.

I played as the Cubs in this game. Lester got off to a slow start on the mound, giving up a 2-Run Triple to Wong in the 2nd. Grichuk followed with an RBI groundout, scoring Wong, to push the Cardinals lead to 3-0 early.

Lester helped himself with the lumber in the bottom half of the 2nd, driving an opposite field 2-run single off Wainwright to cut the deficit to 3-2.

From there, both starters settled in, though Wainwright struggled with command and pitch count all game. Wainwright lasted 6 innings, scattering 6 hits and 6 walks, but allowed just 2 runs, striking out 4.

Lester finished with 7.1 innings, allowing 5 hits and a pair of walks en route to 3 runs and striking out 4.

The Cardinals brought in Rosenthal to close things out in the 9th, but he got off to a shaky start to the 2015 campaign. Jorge Soler blasted a 3-2 hanging change-up down the left field line into the seats to knot the game at 3 to lead off the inning. Rizzo would make some noise driving the next pitch to the wall down the right field line, but Heyward would get under it for the out.

Things would continue to hold serve at 3-3 until the bottom of the 12th. Choate retired Coghlan on strikes, and Olt flied out to center in quick fashion setting the stage for David Ross, who already had tallied a Golden Sombrero in the game. Joe Maddon's faith in Ross paid off as he avoided his 5th strikeout of the game and deposited an 0-2 changeup into the left center field bleachers for a walkoff homerun! Neil Ramirez picked up the win, pitching 2 shutout innings and striking out 3.

What a way to start my franchise!

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Old 06-20-2015, 12:04 AM   #15
Pro

MIKEY93's Arena

OVR: 10

Just played this a few days ago. I was the Mets (duh) & Braves were leading 5-3 in the 8th. I had 2nd & 3rd, 2 out. I put Yunel Escobar to pinch-hit & he hits a game-tying, two-run single to tie it! Later in the 9th, Jason Bay (Yes, he's still around) hits a go-ahead HR. 6-5 win & 5th straight win!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 01:02 AM   #16
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Played a crazy game the other day. Had Jake Arrieta on the mound against the Pirates. He cruised through 7 innings, only allowing 3 baserunners. I had a 4-0 lead and Arrieta gave up 2 in the 8th. Took a 4-2 lead into the top of the 9th and didn't have my closer available, so I put Yoervis Medina out there. Medina had been outstanding up to this point. He promptly gave up a single, double, 3 run HR to blow the save and give Pittsburgh a 5-4 lead.

Bottom of the 9th comes and Anthony Rizzo leads off with a single to bring up Kris Bryant. Bryant destroys a 1-1 fastball for the walk-off HR to salvage the victory.

Here's my full writeup and highlights/box score from my dynasty thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...4&postcount=26

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »