Home

What are some 'little things' you would like to see in The Show/

This is a discussion on What are some 'little things' you would like to see in The Show/ within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2015, 11:30 AM   #49
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are some 'little things' you would like to see in The Show/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
The thing that is miles ahead of anything else at the top of my list, is cut way down on the pitchers getting hit with line drives, and when it does happen, if they're not injured they should at least come out of that game. I see a pitcher hit with a line drive at the very least every other game. Whenever this happens in real life the pitcher is down on the ground, and is usually taken out.
Funny thing is, I've seen more injuries to pitchers just after routine pitches than I've seen injuries from them get creamed with a line drive and I hit a pitcher with a line drive at least once a game.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:55 AM   #50
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
Funny thing is, I've seen more injuries to pitchers just after routine pitches than I've seen injuries from them get creamed with a line drive and I hit a pitcher with a line drive at least once a game.
Thats why it is very frustrating. I've seen concussions, and broken ribs, among other things on normal pitches. Don't think I've ever seen one when a pitcher gets hit by a line drive. Tanaka got hit in the throat by a line drive the other day. Not only did he stay in the game, he picked the ball up and made the out. In reality, he probably should have been dead.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 06-27-2015, 12:20 PM   #51
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I broke Ty(can't spell it..lol) Wada's of the Cubs arm with a line drive once. I also had Keith Butler get a concussion when he got drilled in the head.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2015, 12:24 PM   #52
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I broke Ty(can't spell it..lol) Wada's of the Cubs arm with a line drive once. I also had Keith Butler get a concussion when he got drilled in the head.

Josh Johnson has his cheek broken for me. The issue isn't pitchers not getting hurt when hit. The issue is them being hit. It happens to often.

And I'd take the way it is now over an increased chance of an injury. If they upped the injury chance you could go 10 starts in a row with your pitcher leaving after being hit. I think the amount of injuries is pretty realistic.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 06-27-2015 at 12:27 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:34 PM   #53
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Josh Johnson has his cheek broken for me. The issue isn't pitchers not getting hurt when hit. The issue is them being hit. It happens to often.

And I'd take the way it is now over an increased chance of an injury. If they upped the injury chance you could go 10 starts in a row with your pitcher leaving after being hit. I think the amount of injuries is pretty realistic.
Agreed completely. The frequency of injuries doesn't need to be adjusted, just the frequency of pitchers getting hit, in general.

I don't want them getting injured every time they're hit with one, but when you've seen it happen as many times as I have seen and the pitcher continuously walks away unscathed, it starts to become eye-rolling.

I even had a game where I hit the same pitcher 3 times in like 4 innings and he stayed in every time. Bottomline is, I shouldn't be hitting the same pitcher with line drives that many times to begin with
Old 06-27-2015, 04:45 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 20

Agree with what the above is saying. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that a pitcher gets hit by a liner in 75% of the games I've played, which is also a fairly large sample size.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:56 PM   #55
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Agree with what the above is saying. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that a pitcher gets hit by a liner in 75% of the games I've played, which is also a fairly large sample size.
And you can look at it too as possibly being robbed of a hit. I mean, if I hit a ball back to the pitcher and misses him, it's gonna be a hit. If a runner's on second or third, an RBI hit. If that pitch bounces off the pitcher, it's likely staying in the infield where a third baseman or shortstop will throw it to first for an out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2015, 07:25 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I hardly ever see the pitcher get hit anymore. I saw it every other inning it seemed last year, but I see it once every 10 games maybe in this year's edition. I pretty much never see the CPU hit my pitchers. When I played with pitch speed at 10, I saw it more often, but at 7 I see it far less for some reason. I honestly don't even remember the last time I saw a pitcher get hit with a ball. And at least with this year's game, I see grounder hitting them, not liners. I do see plenty that go close to the pitcher still, but they all sneak by to the outfield this year as opposed to last for me.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »