Home

MLB: The Show 16 Franchise mode expectations

This is a discussion on MLB: The Show 16 Franchise mode expectations within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2016, 03:22 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: MLB: The Show 16 Franchise mode expectations

Some things that would be cool:
  • No-Trade clauses
  • Mini cut scenes when you sign a player to a big contract
  • an offseason radio show covering rumors/trades/big free agents
  • Not having to re-sign every single dang minor leaguer every season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2016, 04:26 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
In-Season contract extensions

More franchise relevant broadcast commentary

Spring Training Invites

Ability to edit mangers/coaches

Trade Slider - already confirmed

I wonder now since managers/coaches now have a rating - shown on the player morale screen - whether their rating will be dynamic. A few good years maybe they increase, a few bad years maybe they decrease.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:39 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't know if this has been addressed before, but I am several seasons into a Padres franchise and the Reds' jersey continues to have the all-star game patch from their 2015 jersey.

If I carry my SD chize over to the show 16 I hope their jerseys won't have an ASG patch every season...
Old 02-26-2016, 07:44 AM   #44
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

I've never been into Franchise, however, I will tune in to take a look at the new stats that will be in the game. That is worth watching the stream.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #45
Rookie

vbarletta's Arena

OVR: 1

My expectations surround the offseason. There are a lot of little, but important things that make this part of franchise play very frustrating.

1. Teams signing big players that they don´t need. Example: Diamondbacks signing Chris Davis when they have a franchise player like Goldschmidt at 1b.
2. Teams signing veteran and mediocre players to long term contracts. Example: Any team giving a Ryan Vogelsong a 4 year contract when he is 38 years old.
3. To give us an option to offer a contract to all renewable players.
4. An option to offer minor league contracts
5. MAIN WISH. Offseason priorities. When the season is over, every team makes a of list his targets and the money to spend. Example: 2 SP, 1 left handed reliever, 1 backup catcher, 1 CF. Then you input the overall range of the player and the money you have to sign them. This way you avoid things like I mentioned at #1.

Last edited by vbarletta; 02-26-2016 at 08:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2016, 08:12 AM   #46
Rookie

CrimsionXBL's Arena

OVR: 2

Ramone tweeted me last night and informed me that Online Franchise games will be using the "fast" presentation set. This is a tad bit disappointing since I liked what I saw in last night's stream, but I do understand to a degree.

Still sucks ***
Old 02-26-2016, 08:14 AM   #47
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbarletta
My expectations surround the offseason. There are a lot of little, but important things that make this part of franchise play very frustrating.

1. Teams signing big players that they don´t need. Example: Diamondbacks signing Chris Davis when they have a franchise player like Goldschmidt at 1b.
2. Teams signing veteran and mediocre players to long term contracts. Example: Any team giving a Ryan Vogelsong a 4 year contract when he is 38 years old.
3. To give us an option to offered a contract to al renewable players.
4. An option to offered minor league contracts
5. MAIN WISH. Offseason priorities. When the season is over, every team makes a list his targets and the money to spend. Example: 2 SP, 1 left handed reliever, 1 backup catcher, 1 CF. Then you input the overall range of the player and the money you have to sign them.
Agree on #1 for sure. It would be one thing to sign them and then move them to another position, for example 1B to LF. Thats fine. But I've seen plenty of times where then one of the two high priced guys sits on the bench.

As to #3, something I do late in the offseason will be to offer low cost/team friendly deals to veterans who are still sitting around if I have 40 man spots free. Then in Spring Training, I DFA them. If they clear waivers, and they usually do, I send them to AAA as insurance.

I think that the priorities list is a good idea. Right now, the game kind of just throws you to the wolves. I'm solid on it all now, but it took me a while to get through offseasons without screwing my rosters up.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:17 AM   #48
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

One other thing that I would LOVE to see is some sort of offseason trade system. CPU teams trade with each other in the offseason all the time, like happens in real life, but they NEVER offer me trades outside of the regular season. Add to the fact that the game won't let you trade players who are under team control but "unsigned", and it takes a layer of fun and realism out of the offseason.

I'd like to be able to post a list of positions I'm looking to trade prospects for and have CPU teams come to me with guys they're looking to move, and vice versa.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »