Home

Online Franchise

This is a discussion on Online Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 05:49 PM   #9
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Online Franchise

Honestly if they aren't going to touch it they should get rid of it. Don't bring it back until they commit some resources to it. It's just a joke in its current form. The schedule is the same every year, every day is opening day..it's just not up to the standards that the rest of their game is.

2k did something similar with crew and it worked out fine.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:53 PM   #10
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I'm sure coding all of the new changes for offline play was difficult, let alone throwing online into the equation.

The agenda that the devs only care about DD is just wrong.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Never said that ALL they care about. From a business perspective it makes them money. But when that's the mode they change the most by FAR in MLB14-15 and again in MLB15-16 it shows that's where most of the time goes.

The modes that show fans relate to the most RTTS and Franchise have been put on backlog. Especially online franchise which has literally gone untouched.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:28 PM   #11
Rookie

CrimsionXBL's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I'm sure coding all of the new changes for offline play was difficult, let alone throwing online into the equation.

The agenda that the devs only care about DD is just wrong.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
The main focus of this year was CLEARLY DD, there's no doubt about that. All were saying is that if you're going to keep in a mode like OF, at least put some work into it.... They even had time to develop two different game modes and ignored this all together
Old 03-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Very disappointed to hear that. As someone who spends a lot of time in Online leagues, was looking forward to setting another one up. Last year was full of issues, was hoping they would put some time into it this year.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:10 PM   #13
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

I get so tired of seeing "diamond dynasty is ruining franchise mode" style thoughts. It's an absurd thought and SCEA has done more than enough to prove they care about the community. Just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean they ignore you or any other outrageous thoughts that have been posted in the past couple days.

I hope they continue to try and get features for you online guys but they explained the reasoning and it had NOTHING to do with ignoring you.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:16 PM   #14
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't touch this mode but I'd be frustrated too. Ramone and the team are very open and forward about what is and isn't in the game, they could have said nothing and just let you find out when you buy it but they are always forthcoming.

They said it's a priority thing because one programmer handles both on and offline franchise. Sorry for bringing up another game but they just need to take the Madden route one of these years and combine the modes so going forward it will decrease the workload and the need to update 2 separate modes. Add user profiles to offline franchise and the networking, I'm sure it would be a large task but after that you'd never have to deal with the split issue.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:20 PM   #15
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Online Franchise

Another buggy unfinished mode sweet, lol the community has more knowledge about the intricacies of the in and outs in the mode

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by HustlinOwl; 03-03-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2016, 08:32 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
Online Franchise
SCEA I applaud you for improving franchise mode. But I’ll stop there. You spend most of the time improving Diamond Dynasty from MLB14-15 and again between MLB15-16. And that’s ok. It makes you guys money and there is nothing wrong with that. I wont bash you for that. BUT

You say to the public that Online Franchise wasn’t played much in MLB 14, well that was due to the fact that online was unplayable.

Then in MLB 15 is playable online because of stability fixes, but none of the franchise features from MLB 15 made it into online.
Then in MLB 16, with all the NEW and GREAT features in Franchise mode they decide not to put ANY in MLB16 Online Franchise.

This is a mode that was pretty much identical to offline in MLB 14. And not touched in 2 YEARS. This is ridiculous. I like to play with 2 or 3 friends in the same division. There is nothing more fun then fighting after the same free agents or going after the same prospects and fighting for the top of the division.

Can SCEA just come out and say why? I mean there are other issues in the mode, no position player fatigue, schedule is identical year to year, no all stars, injuries don’t work, said it was opening day all year with on field patches, Wrigley ivy stayed dead, and many more.

Is this mode apart of the future or no? This news completely deflates my anticipation for the game. They talk about how the mode isn’t used a whole lot in MLB 14 because of horrible online stability, and then abandon it 2 years in. If its not part of the future please tell us NOW!
Nick gave the answer 45000 play online franchise 500000 play offline and like just as many play DD why would they spend alot of time of something 5-10% of the gaming pool even touch and likely only 2-5% are really in to.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »