Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #881
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A Thread

Can someone tell me how to do something like this (1st and 3rd situation)? It's not really about the scoring outcome. How do I control the individual runner (running back and forth, back and forth) without affecting the other runner on base. Pressing R1 and L1 causes everyone to start running.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2016, 01:27 PM   #882
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozers
I still can't figure it out how do I skip throwing warm up pitches with bullpen which buttons do I push?
Either turn it off in the Gameplay Options menu or in game push the touchpad.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2016, 02:03 PM   #883
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremser_Rules
OVR: 9

Creating chants

Is there a thread on this that explains how to do it? Do I need a real microphone or will the mic on my ear buds work? Also where in the game do I go to record chants? I literally cannot find any info on this and I apologize if I missed this somewhere on here.

Thanks!

You could record your own chants with (for example) a singstar mic on the ps3 back in the day. Now on the ps4 this option is gone, you gotta record on your phone or pc export it ad an mp3 on usb and import it.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:08 PM   #884
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
Move the right stick straight up from neutral for a normal swing, left or right for a contact swing, and pull it back before pushing up (like regular stride) for a power swing. There's no way to stride in flick mode without it being a power swing.

Oh that sucks if you do the regular stride does it matter how you time the stride like in 14? Or does t not matter? The thing that sucks if you just do the pull back early is that the animation for it does show up so it looks awkward to do it early but does it matter at all?
Old 04-02-2016, 02:11 PM   #885
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
1. You should typically sell a card that is going to lose value over time (thus lose you potential profit) or if you don't want it anymore. This question is too broad to give a specific answer.

2. The arrows are Inside Edge. New this year is Inside Edge. It's a baseball statistical firm in real life that this game partnered up with. Every player in Diamond Dynasty every day, receives a rating from 1 to 5 stars depending on how the company predicts that real players will perform against the real life pitcher they will be facing that day. Players can lose or gain stats daily based on how many stars they were given.

3. If you want to complete certain team collections and missions to earn powerful cards, no. If you don't care, and just want a good created player, then sure.

4. Again, this question is too broad. Keep cards you want. Keep cards that you think will perform well in real life during the season (and this get upgrades and jump in price, allowing you to sell for large profit).

5. No. If you sell it, you don't "have" the card anymore. You must physically own the card for it to count towards a collection.

6. Do whatever you want with your points. Some people save them and work the market while others buy cheap, powerful players to give their team a boost.

7. Buy low and sell high on the market or buy stubs

8. No, you must create logos from the shapes given. If you are clever enough, almost any picture can be made from the shapes given.

9. Common (white), Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond are the card classes. You aren't guaranteed every card in the game but you can have them if you work hard enough.

10. Buy players who will get upgraded later in the year. Buy players that cover weaknesses in your team.

11. Yes, your friend would have to log into an entirely separate PSN account.
Thanks for this. What are powerful cards? Bummer about DD only 1 player per profile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2016, 02:19 PM   #886
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
You could record your own chants with (for example) a singstar mic on the ps3 back in the day. Now on the ps4 this option is gone, you gotta record on your phone or pc export it ad an mp3 on usb and import it.
What really? I used a bluetooth mic for PS3 for SOTS. You can't do that anymore on PS4? Why is that? The method you described sounds very inconvenient and not intuitive at all.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:33 PM   #887
Banned

Beatles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Can someone tell me how to do something like this (1st and 3rd situation)? It's not really about the scoring outcome. How do I control the individual runner (running back and forth, back and forth) without affecting the other runner on base. Pressing R1 and L1 causes everyone to start running.

Are you using default base running controls? If so, you need to target the players you want to control. You push the left stick in the direction of the base and then push the button of the base you want to advance to. For example, the vid you embedded would have you using the O and triangle buttons to control the runner at first and then you would push the analog to the third baseman and use square and x. Sorry if confusing. If you are using classic, I believe you use the Dpad.
Old 04-02-2016, 02:45 PM   #888
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Has anyone else notice how lackadaisical your shortstop can be sometimes? I'm giving up infield hits left and right because my short stop is taking his sweet time getting the ball to first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »