Home

MLB The Show 16 Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Q&A Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-29-2016, 12:01 AM   #1353
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Q&A Thread

so im wondering about the player roles part of franchise mode. Can you u only have one ace? im wondering what happens if ur a team like the mets who basically have 3 aces? two of them are gonna be pissed off all the time?

and what about star players I seen a livestream that said they have to hit in ur lead off, 2,3,4 spot or they'll be unhappy, so what happens with the blue jays, in real life Tulowitzki hits 5th, ill be forced to play him lead off or he'll be pissed?

I like the idea of morale effecting signing them and things like that but I don't want to be forced to get rid of a good player with a good contract because there's another pitcher equally as good, and he doesn't like them having an ace title. I also don't want to deal with a player whining when hes playing exactly where he is in real life
Old 04-29-2016, 01:10 AM   #1354
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPowderDownLoL
when i am playing online and i am batting i like to swing influence(holding r2 + direction) and it darkens the strike zone and shows the pitches thrown in that particular at bat or the last at bat for that player. Does my opponent see this? I hope not because it would be kind of annoying i also do this when pitching but instead i press r3 and it shows me what pitches i threw to him last. Again is my opponent seeing me do this? i know in years past they would but i have never seen it on my end so i was just wondering if it's just me . thanks.
I dont think swing influence is a thing anymore. Sounds like you're guessing pitch.

No the people you play online can not see what you are specifically doing when checking pitch history.

Last edited by Steven78; 04-29-2016 at 03:33 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:34 AM   #1355
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
Can someone explain to me exactly how directional hitting works?

If I hold up and to the left is that a flyball to left outfield? Same for right and up, and is this the best for homeruns.

If I hold down will it be a weak groundball or a ground ball to the outfield?

What do left and right directions do? I assume left down is ground ball to the left left up is flyball is left just a line drive?

Thanks

Well, yes and no. It all depends on where the pitch is and your timing. If you get a fastball high and inside and your direction is the same you will pull the ball way outside, especially if you swing early.

There are some great Youtube tutorials for this, I suggest you check them out.

Also, I can't speak highly enough about zone hitting. I used directional for a year (but without actually using the left stick) and when I increased the difficulty so did the randomness of the hits. But when I started using zone (I had to practice A LOT) all of the sudden I was hitting the gaps and a lot more dingers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 08:34 AM   #1356
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I saw where people were having issues with pinch running earlier in this thread near a month ago, but is anyone still having that issue? I am 2/3 of the way through May and have never gotten it to work still. Pinch hitting works perfect, but if I hit the button to do it when the manager suggestion pops up it never works, if I ignore that and try it the normal way it doesn't work either.
It doesn't work for me as a manager suggestion but if I ignore and do it the old fashioned way, it works 100% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Hopefully they fix it....(don't know about the issue personally)....but do you really need the manager suggestions?
Can they be turned off?

M.K.
Knight165

I really wish they could be turned off as I find them highly annoying. But unfortunately there isn't an option, that I've found, to turn them off.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-29-2016, 10:19 AM   #1357
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
Can someone explain to me exactly how directional hitting works?

If I hold up and to the left is that a flyball to left outfield? Same for right and up, and is this the best for homeruns.

If I hold down will it be a weak groundball or a ground ball to the outfield?

What do left and right directions do? I assume left down is ground ball to the left left up is flyball is left just a line drive?

Also does having a pull hitter bat opposite of his tendencies affect his power/contract?

Thanks
In a way you are correct, but it is more like that is where your guy is adjusting to the pitch in a way. If you push up you are more likely to hit a pitch up in the zone hard and most likely in the air. A ball down and away you want to push down and right and you will hit a grounder or line drive to right most often. I agree to the other guy who answered your post that zone hitting is the way to go this year. I did directional hitting last year and loved it, thought I got pretty good hit variety and by using my left stick I could influence where my guy hit it pretty well. This year I used directional hitting for the first two weeks and hated it. I felt like it was completely random, even if I pushed my stick in the correct direction and got good timing I had trouble driving the ball with any regularity. Zone hitting (I am on All Star+) has given me great hit variety and also given me much better control over hitting the ball to all fields with authority. It does take a bit of practice to switch over, but I think it is worth it in this years game.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #1358
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd1ds
so im wondering about the player roles part of franchise mode. Can you u only have one ace? im wondering what happens if ur a team like the mets who basically have 3 aces? two of them are gonna be pissed off all the time?

and what about star players I seen a livestream that said they have to hit in ur lead off, 2,3,4 spot or they'll be unhappy, so what happens with the blue jays, in real life Tulowitzki hits 5th, ill be forced to play him lead off or he'll be pissed?

I like the idea of morale effecting signing them and things like that but I don't want to be forced to get rid of a good player with a good contract because there's another pitcher equally as good, and he doesn't like them having an ace title. I also don't want to deal with a player whining when hes playing exactly where he is in real life

Here is a great example for you....and I actually like this.

In my Yankees Franchise I have of course the three headed monster of Betantes, Miller and Chapman. All 3 want and expect the closer role, not only that Chapman is pissed off about his contract.

So I have 2 pissed off guys in Miller and Betantes who SU for me primarily (as well as close games when needed) and Chapman who is still pissed and taking a ratings hit even though he is my primary closer but is highly upset about his contract.

I love this actually. It makes my franchise dynamic. If I move Chapman to a set up role his ratings go down even further. It's a pickle for me.
Madden 21 (PS5)
NBA 2K24 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-29-2016, 01:44 PM   #1359
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

Does anyone else see too many line drives up the middle that bean the pitcher and still result in an out? Those happen too often for me
Old 04-29-2016, 03:34 PM   #1360
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
It doesn't work for me as a manager suggestion but if I ignore and do it the old fashioned way, it works 100% of the time.

I really wish they could be turned off as I find them highly annoying. But unfortunately there isn't an option, that I've found, to turn them off.
You're lucky. It's never worked for me with any of the possible methods.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »