Home

RTTS Game watch altered/removed

This is a discussion on RTTS Game watch altered/removed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 09:27 AM   #41
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RTTS Game watch altered/removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
Sure, but the option to use Game Watch or Play by Play (which was used by 100% of people last year) are still in the game, they are just implemented in the worst and most confusing way possible.

Having to babysit it at the end of each cutscene, and actually pressing the button to tell the game you want to use it each and everytime, where it then end ups skipping the current scene. It's poor design, period.

It would have been easier just to have a toggle under presentation options, instead it's actually even more confusing having to snipe an option at the end of each cutscene.

Edit: And keeping things like the full batters box animations, and restoring Broadcast mode to how it was before is not about keeping or adding options, it's about keeping the game experience intact, for those who actually like the pace of baseball, and want to enjoy the experience. Being constantly rushed through the game is annoying, and the opposite of enjoyable.
This. This. This.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 09:36 AM   #42
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Someone mentioned the fact that when they are on base, the batter automatically has 0-2, 1-1 count on them a la quick counts. There is actually an option in RttS Game play that lets you turn that off so you get the full AB.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:23 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I'll try and push that one through the next patch, can't promise anything though.
Thanks for listening. This is the first time ever I've been disappointed by anything in the new release. Overall it looks great and is a huge improvement over 15... if this one nagging issue wasn't there. It's distracting. I play RTTS 99.9% of the time and I realize I'm in the vast minority in wanting to occasionally watch the entire game... I don't even do it every game. But when I do I don't want to have to hit circle constantly thereby cutting the cut-scene short in the process. I know I'm just repeating everybody else's issues but there really is a disconnect from the game and team. I appreciate everything you guys do to take input and improve the game. I still remember firing up one year's game on release day and being blown away seeing "Heitz" in the player creation last names and hearing Matt Vasgersian say it after posting in the list on here, not expecting it to happen. Thanks again...
Old 03-31-2016, 11:52 AM   #44
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

This new flow for RTTS put you and your player off the game, to begin with. In RTTS mode immersion is a huge factor, i don't know why put all this pressure for the sake of fast-play just because nowdays kids can't deal with a very useful mini-screen/menu in which you can see how your team is performing before your at bat. It's a key feature. What's the sense to begin a game without having a clue of what the hell is happening in the field. I want to see what other players are doing in real time and this is probably the only way to build up "romance" and releationship between you and your team. What i see now it's a string of souless at bat. What are doing the players before me in the lineup ? How my team is reacting after my HR ? Who's carrying the team to the victory ? Who's in a bad day ? There's a huge difference immersion wise to know all this info and stats at the end of the game or to live the moments in real time, even if it's a simulated chart. Because these are the moments that put you right into the game and make every at bat different. This is your connection with your team. Well, i think most users will be happy to super fast play an entire season, it's just a little sad the way The Show is taking, fast play and Diamond Dynasty. Baseball is slow. Baseball is boring, sometimes. And it really lives up to unique moments. Now it's just hard to feel them.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:22 PM   #45
Banned

Thumbs up Re: RTTS Game watch altered/removed

WhiteBunny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 03:24 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

To provide context, here is how MLB 2K12 handled between-appearance cuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uL0Lo-eWFw

And here is how MLB 11: The Show handled it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9POmBo6ODs

Pretty similar to each other, and pretty similar to what we have now, only without the summary.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:20 PM   #47
Pro

Stolm's Arena

They should just put a toggleable option under RTTS presentation, for both Game Watch and Play by Play.

Having to snipe either option during a cut scene, and have it remember is ridiculous.

Game Watch was already an option under RTTS Presentation if I recall, so it's not like they are designing a whole new feature option.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:54 PM   #48
Rookie

Well this sucks. I will really miss using the result play option for playoff games. I understand they wanted to streamline but the option to change this would be nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »