Home

2016 Franchise Issues/Solutions/Help

This is a discussion on 2016 Franchise Issues/Solutions/Help within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2016, 10:16 AM   #25
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2016 Franchise Issues/Solutions/Help

Also, there are far too many complete games and shutouts in simulated games.

In real life last year:
# of pitchers with at least 3 CG: 10
# of pitchers with at least 3 SO: 3

Test sim in Show:
# of pitchers with at least 3 CG: 40
# of pitchers with at least 3 SO: 10

While other pitching stats can be managed via sliders, I've tried for two years to find a slider combination that works, but to no avail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 10:20 AM   #26
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Update on Y2Y saves and other suggestions for those who simply want to dive in and play.

I went ahead and tested my Y2Y files last night.

1. First I transferred over my 1987 90 Man Year 2 Chise - The only minor issue is the Role bug but it did not effect overalls at all. Nada. So that is really no big deal, it is going to be patched, and it fixes itself in the off-season. Career Stats were 100% accurate except for the zero colums we all know show up for GP, BB etc. I hope a patch can address that. But I think that may be a little deeper but who knows. Either way I can't let it ruin my enjoyment nor will i let it. I saw very few players with that Netherland birth place bug and 98% of the borth places were in tact and accurate.

2. Did the same with my Year 2 2014 Yankees Franchise - Same result. Everything looks really good except the known bugs.

3. I went ahead and DL Bacons V 10 2016 roster on MLB 15, created a 30 Team Franchise file, transfered it over before Spring Training started. then simmed through spring training. You get the 2016 schedule!!! However if you can deal with the fact that career stats will begin for 2015 and it is technically the 2015 season for year 1....you have a fully fleshed out, ratings edited, full minor league 90 man roster ahead of OSFM if you wawnt to get going now. I want to start playing now.

People. It's all about perspective. Yes Statistics are important to me....very important. But the zero stat lines for certain categories IMO should be fixed via Patch. I don't have any information from SCEA that it will in fact be fixed....but I trust those guys.

This game is amazing. Get going. Transfer your files....start playing. The Morale bug is waaaaaaaaaay overstated. It does not effect them really at all. Minor leagues a little more....but 99% of the players are not getting a ratings bump down because of that one factor (roles) in the big equation that makes up the overall morale of the player.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-31-2016, 10:25 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Update on Y2Y saves and other suggestions for those who simply want to dive in and play.

I went ahead and tested my Y2Y files last night.

1. First I transferred over my 1987 90 Man Year 2 Chise - The only minor issue is the Role bug but it did not effect overalls at all. Nada. So that is really no big deal, it is going to be patched, and it fixes itself in the off-season. Career Stats were 100% accurate except for the zero colums we all know show up for GP, BB etc. I hope a patch can address that. But I think that may be a little deeper but who knows. Either way I can't let it ruin my enjoyment nor will i let it. I saw very few players with that Netherland birth place bug and 98% of the borth places were in tact and accurate.

2. Did the same with my Year 2 2014 Yankees Franchise - Same result. Everything looks really good except the known bugs.

3. I went ahead and DL Bacons V 10 2016 roster on MLB 15, created a 30 Team Franchise file, transfered it over before Spring Training started. then simmed through spring training. You get the 2016 schedule!!! However if you can deal with the fact that career stats will begin for 2015 and it is technically the 2015 season for year 1....you have a fully fleshed out, ratings edited, full minor league 90 man roster ahead of OSFM if you wawnt to get going now. I want to start playing now.

People. It's all about perspective. Yes Statistics are important to me....very important. But the zero stat lines for certain categories IMO should be fixed via Patch. I don't have any information from SCEA that it will in fact be fixed....but I trust those guys.

This game is amazing. Get going. Transfer your files....start playing. The Morale bug is waaaaaaaaaay overstated. It does not effect them really at all. Minor leagues a little more....but 99% of the players are not getting a ratings bump down because of that one factor (roles) in the big equation that makes up the overall morale of the player.
one of the main reasons im holding off on diving deep into my Carry over in franchise is also because of the budget issue. Kind of kills it when multiple teams in the league have $250million+ with $70 million available to spend.
Just rough numbers based on some pictures people have showed.

The morale stuff will be okay i know, hopefully stats do get fixed which is also important in y2y saves
Old 03-31-2016, 10:31 AM   #28
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077
one of the main reasons im holding off on diving deep into my Carry over in franchise is also because of the budget issue. Kind of kills it when multiple teams in the league have $250million+ with $70 million available to spend.

The morale stuff will be okay i know, hopefully stats do get fixed which is also important in y2y saves
They patched Budgets last season too. So I am very confident it will take effect while you play. I play every pitch of every game....so I am not worried about off-season activities....I won't get their till October probably for 2 of my Chises.

That is why Y2Y is so amazing. I can just play with no clock.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-31-2016, 10:38 AM   #29
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I'm simming ahead to look at progression and noticed the Giants are banking some dough..This may be the only part of franchise that is bothering my OCD right now..
Thanks for doing this, I appreciated the time you spent exposing the over-powered pitching progression in MLB 15.

This whole budget thing is bothering me as well. From what you've seen, are all teams sitting on this much cash in 2022?

There are always issues in franchise modes when devs include budgets and player contracts into the equation. Either teams are making too much money, or players are not asking for enough money in FA. The balance is obviously off, and makes it so that some teams have unlimited funds to spend on FA; the team-building strategy is gone.

I really hope this gets patched. NBA 2K that the exact same issue, where players would not ask for enough money in FA relative to the salary cap inflation.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:43 AM   #30
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike0077

That's my big issue as well, I did the same with Bacon's V10 roster, I'm thinking it may be better to go with a roster where the salaries were not updated to reflect real life(use SCEA stock salaries). This may decrease the amount of inflation on the team rosters.

Does anyone have a good current 2015 roster where the salaries were unchanged (except maybe for some outliers)?
Old 03-31-2016, 10:49 AM   #31
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
That's my big issue as well, I did the same with Bacon's V10 roster, I'm thinking it may be better to go with a roster where the salaries were not updated to reflect real life(use SCEA stock salaries). This may decrease the amount of inflation on the team rosters.

Does anyone have a good current 2015 roster where the salaries were unchanged (except maybe for some outliers)?
So if I understand this correctly, the salary cap issues are stemming from imported rosters with edited salaries? Anyone know if the issues persist with the default rosters of the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 11:07 AM   #32
Rookie

I believe it does not stem from imported rosters only because there was someone from this forum who did a stream until 2021, just to test things out, and budgets were inflated

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »