Home

Baserunning

This is a discussion on Baserunning within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2016, 12:13 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Baserunning

Yes, I have experienced this issue when set to default as well as classic. It is random. It has cost me many a rally! Here's another situation. During a 2 player game, player one auto base running is flawed and player two works every time. This is very frustrating.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:14 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipriffe
Yes, I have experienced this issue when set to default as well as classic. It is random. It has cost me many a rally! Here's another situation. During a 2 player game, player one auto base running is flawed and player two works every time. This is very frustrating.
That is very interesting! Seems like a good idea to report that in the bug thread. Probably a good idea to include your entire post there. Nice find!
Old 04-02-2016, 01:24 PM   #59
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Anyone know how to do this in the game? Not so much about the scoring outcome but just the ability to control individual players during a steal sequence when caught in a run down. R1 and L1 causes everyone to run. Left analog + R1/L1 still causes everyone to run. How do you control an individual player caught in a run down without affecting the other baserunners.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 04-02-2016, 01:55 PM   #60
Rookie

smokines3's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Baserunning

On a positive note... Anyone notice the improvements to classic baserunning? Indicating which runner is going where etc.. Very nice touch. Big ups to the dev team.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:54 PM   #61
Rookie

Had a weird glitch on auto base running where the runners chose a strange route to get back to first that resulted in an out!! Play was scored as a ground out to LF!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2016, 04:21 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
The following has nothing to do with autobase running.

After all these years, I've finally decided to try to learn how to baserun and steal bases in play now games/franchise mode. I don't play RTTS. Always wanted a practice mode in MLB the Show just for situational base running and stealing. There's hitting and pitching, but no baserunning/stealing practice mode.

Been trying and still can't figure it out. Is there a visual tutorial somewhere.

1st and 2nd, and I would like to send the person on 2nd to 3rd while leaving the person on 1st. Tried pushing my left analog stick towards 2nd, holding L2. Releasing L2 unfortunately sends both runners.

1st and 2nd.
1st and 3rd.
2nd and 3rd.

How do I individual send a runner. L2 plus left analog stick keeps sending all runners.

1st and 2nd. Also is there a way to cancel the steal (before the runner takes off; pitcher attempts to throw a pick off). Once he starts to steal, how do you tell him to go back.
Unfortunately I don't have the answer, but I just wanted to add that I have played every version of The Show ever and have NEVER been able to just send one runner to steal despite following whatever the directions were. With guys on first and third I might try to steal second but every year I have countless guys thrown out at home.

And to whoever keeps maintaining that it's a bigger bug than those who claim it only happens when leading off or stealing, you could be right. But just know that myself and others are only experiencing this when doing those actions only, and 100% of the time it kills the auto base running. I have had zero problems otherwise.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:26 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68pj
Unfortunately I don't have the answer, but I just wanted to add that I have played every version of The Show ever and have NEVER been able to just send one runner to steal despite following whatever the directions were. With guys on first and third I might try to steal second but every year I have countless guys thrown out at home.

And to whoever keeps maintaining that it's a bigger bug than those who claim it only happens when leading off or stealing, you could be right. But just know that myself and others are only experiencing this when doing those actions only, and 100% of the time it kills the auto base running. I have had zero problems otherwise.
I steal with runners on the corners the same as I did in MLB 15. The key is to use the L stick to select your runner before pressing anything else. So L towards the runner on 1b, and while holding it in that direction, press L2.
Old 04-02-2016, 09:06 PM   #64
Rookie

Finn's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipriffe
So both players are using identical profiles and you are inputting hitting for both teams with separate controllers?

As some people seem to have no issue and there are some here that do I'm just trying get an idea if there could be some input from settings or your hardware or anything like that. Do you mind just posting your settings to see if there is anything that is similar to the other people or even a possible hardware/controller issue? It could be the slightest input/ slightly stuck button that may be doing what some people are saying and cancelling out the auto base running.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »