Home

How to Set Up 30 Team Control

This is a discussion on How to Set Up 30 Team Control within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2018, 08:37 PM   #409
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: How to Set Up 30 Team Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28
That makes sense.. I will figure it out. Thanks

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
So if I had sent Eric Karros down before advancing to the regular season, he would have been on Waivers for the 2 days and once cleared he'd go to AAA. After that, when I advanced, if he was already on the AAA squad, he wouldn't go through waivers again. If you moved him down then like on the last day of ST and immediately went to the regular season, then yes, he'd show up on waivers.

But it shouldn't matter, if you are controlling the 30 teams, you just let the waiver period pass then they go down to their respective minor league squads without being claimed by other teams. Make sure you're set up for that so that the CPU teams don't make such moves.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:27 PM   #410
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
So if I had sent Eric Karros down before advancing to the regular season, he would have been on Waivers for the 2 days and once cleared he'd go to AAA. After that, when I advanced, if he was already on the AAA squad, he wouldn't go through waivers again. If you moved him down then like on the last day of ST and immediately went to the regular season, then yes, he'd show up on waivers.

But it shouldn't matter, if you are controlling the 30 teams, you just let the waiver period pass then they go down to their respective minor league squads without being claimed by other teams. Make sure you're set up for that so that the CPU teams don't make such moves.
Yes. The thing that people don't realize, and get confused over, is that during spring training, the ENTIRE 40 man roster is ACTIVE and available to use in Spring Training, and considered on the MLB roster.

You can send players to AAA, or AA at any point during Spring Training. But, if the player you send down has no "options" left, he MUST pass through waivers to be assigned to the minor leagues. A lot of people think that, since it is Spring Training, they can assign any player they want to the minor leagues. This isn't the case.

Even if a player on the 40 man roster ended the previous season in the minor leagues, come Spring Training, he would have to again be "optioned" to the minors, and if he has no option years remaining he must pass through waivers.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:09 PM   #411
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
Yes. The thing that people don't realize, and get confused over, is that during spring training, the ENTIRE 40 man roster is ACTIVE and available to use in Spring Training, and considered on the MLB roster.

You can send players to AAA, or AA at any point during Spring Training. But, if the player you send down has no "options" left, he MUST pass through waivers to be assigned to the minor leagues. A lot of people think that, since it is Spring Training, they can assign any player they want to the minor leagues. This isn't the case.

Even if a player on the 40 man roster ended the previous season in the minor leagues, come Spring Training, he would have to again be "optioned" to the minors, and if he has no option years remaining he must pass through waivers.
So I was at the last day of spring training, I have 30 team control and all profiles set to manual. I edited each roster with cpu roster control on. Got every 40 man down to 25 for each team and then started the regular season and bingo...nobody on waivers, nobody optioned...finally at last a fix...probably an easier way but I'm off and running with my all time teams franchise..thanks again!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2018, 08:05 PM   #412
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28
So I was at the last day of spring training, I have 30 team control and all profiles set to manual. I edited each roster with cpu roster control on. Got every 40 man down to 25 for each team and then started the regular season and bingo...nobody on waivers, nobody optioned...finally at last a fix...probably an easier way but I'm off and running with my all time teams franchise..thanks again!

Great. Have fun with it!
Old 06-12-2018, 08:58 PM   #413
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm just starting my franchise for this year, have they changed how 30 team control works? I have the profile for the team I want to control set to a franchise profile and every other team set with a CPU profile, my franchise profile has everything on manual, and my CPU profile has everything on auto. But in the franchise menu, it is appearing as if they all have to be the same for every team. For example, I want to control the Cardinals, on the trade section of the acquisitions tab, I have it set to manual, but when I go to the other teams, it also has manual. If I switch it to auto on another team, it also turns it to auto for the Cardinals. Is this something I should just not worry about if I have the mode-specific options set correctly for each profile? I want the computer to be able to make it's own trades, but I also don't want it to make trades for my team.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:05 PM   #414
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I'm just starting my franchise for this year, have they changed how 30 team control works? I have the profile for the team I want to control set to a franchise profile and every other team set with a CPU profile, my franchise profile has everything on manual, and my CPU profile has everything on auto. But in the franchise menu, it is appearing as if they all have to be the same for every team. For example, I want to control the Cardinals, on the trade section of the acquisitions tab, I have it set to manual, but when I go to the other teams, it also has manual. If I switch it to auto on another team, it also turns it to auto for the Cardinals. Is this something I should just not worry about if I have the mode-specific options set correctly for each profile? I want the computer to be able to make it's own trades, but I also don't want it to make trades for my team.
I don't pay attention to the tabs in the menus. I don't think they worked in 17. I have everything set in the profile section and the set team association screens the way I want and it worked fine. From what other say for 18 it is working the same way.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #415
Rookie

EzRider23's Arena

OVR: 0

I may be an idiot but i've followed the YouTube demo for 30 team control exactly as demonstrated but no matter what i do it puts me in control of the Orioles. I'm trying to be in charge of the Mets.

What,if anything, am i doing wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 09:29 AM   #416
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzRider23
I may be an idiot but i've followed the YouTube demo for 30 team control exactly as demonstrated but no matter what i do it puts me in control of the Orioles. I'm trying to be in charge of the Mets.

What,if anything, am i doing wrong?
Well, first, wanting to be in charge of the Mets Kidding.

Someone else indicated they had this problem earlier in this thread. It was never an issue for me in 14-17. With 30 team control and setting manual for one team and CPU actions for the others, it doesn't automatically bring you to the Mets. You can right trigger through all the teams and tinker with everyone. You also SHOULD be able to mess with the CPU lineup, but when they have an injury or call up they handle this. If you are set to manual on the Mets for lineups, you'll get notified when you have an invalid set of lineups or when you have 41 men on your 40-man, etc. If you're still not sure: Try to see if you can mess with the O's lineup or send down Machado or something like that then advance without saving your game and see if the O's correct things or other teams set to CPU control claim waived players, etc. Just don't save the game since you're experimenting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »