Home

Do you play Franchise with a team other than your favorite?

This is a discussion on Do you play Franchise with a team other than your favorite? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2016, 07:59 AM   #25
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you play Franchise with a team other than your favorite?

After playing for years with the real, fictional (most played) and fantasy draft Red Sox. I'm using the 1987 classic roster and doing a franchise with the Yankees for a change. I never thought I would see the day but I have quickly become invested in my 1987 Yankees team. Perhaps thats something I couldn't do if it was with a current roster and the 2016 Yankees!

Last edited by No.27; 04-26-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 09:29 AM   #26
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I've always loved playing as my favorite team, but that was also because most of my teams have been rebuilding/cellar-dwellers in the past (Tampa Bay Bucs, Chicago Cubs, and Milwaukee Bucks). Now that the Bucs have gotten their franchise QB, I've turned to using different teams in Madden. I still use the Milwaukee Bucks because while the core is in place, I just love playing as Giannis and Jabari.

With this game, I want to play as the Cubs I think, but I'm also nervous that they're simply too good at this point. I'm considering doing a franchise where I control two teams: The Cubs and a rebuilding team in the American League.

I'm not sure which team I would choose in the AL though. They aren't exactly a bad team, but I'm considering possibly using the Yankees and seeing if I can build them back into being a powerhouse again while also controlling the Cubs in the NL.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 04-26-2016, 09:56 AM   #27
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I've never just really been a diehard of any professional sports team...so I don't have this problem.

I'd rather be a diehard fan.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 04-26-2016, 10:27 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I almost always use my favorite teams. In the past, I've used other teams and had a lot of fun - mainly due to the lack of attachment. But then I always feel guilty (weird, I know) when I see my real-life team struggling in the game.

For The Show, particularly, it probably makes more sense to not use your favorite team. Playing as the Braves all the time, I don't get to see the AL stadiums or use the DH very often. It can be a nice change of pace using an AL team. Every time I've not used the Braves, it's always been with an AL team.

Back when I played Madden/NHL/2K/MLB, I always wanted to pick a city that had pro teams in all four sports and just roll with that city's teams for one gaming cycle. For whatever reason, I never followed through on that plan.

When The Show came out this year, I thought about doing a Royals/Chiefs combo with Madden, but wound up sticking with Braves/49ers ... at least for now.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:43 AM   #29
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Online Franchise Reds and Offline Franchise Reds. No do not play with other teams in franchise.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #30
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Yankees. Always the Yankees.

Now with classic season replays and this year doing a single team control fantasy draft franchise I change things up.

In the past with classic rosters I have played as the Royals, Red's, Mariners, Dodgers, A's, Giants etc. And for my fantasy team I chose the Cardinals as I want to play in the NL central parks a lot. Plus I love Mike Matheny as a manager.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-26-2016, 11:49 AM   #31
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

Always do a full season with my fave, the Rockies. Also do a full season with my second fave, the Orioles. I also do a third with a random team. This year will be the Diamondbacks and those glorious new unis!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #32
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

It seems that every year I try to get one going with my Yankees, but usually have trouble getting any traction. Each year I also do one with one AL and one NL team, generally teams that aren't too good. Those tend to stick around longer, partly because I sim 65-75% of the games so I'm able to get farther. Once I get a year or so into a franchise, I really feel like it's mine and enjoy going back to it. Because I tend to play more games with the Yankees, I usually don't progress too far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »