Home

Zone hitting influence.

This is a discussion on Zone hitting influence. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2016, 09:53 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Zone hitting influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
can ramone help us out with directional and zone hitting cuz I'm so confuse.i don't even know which mode to pick and how to use it correctly
COMMISSIONERHBK9,

This might be helpful to you. I just started using directional hitting and I feel this is what I was trying to accomplish with Zone all of this time.

Take a look at this thread El_MaYiMbE shares some good knowledge!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-properly.html
Old 08-12-2016, 10:27 AM   #10
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
can ramone help us out with directional and zone hitting cuz I'm so confuse.i don't even know which mode to pick and how to use it correctly
Next time you see me on, shoot me a message and I'll broadcast and explain some things with zone.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:06 PM   #11
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
COMMISSIONERHBK9,

This might be helpful to you. I just started using directional hitting and I feel this is what I was trying to accomplish with Zone all of this time.

thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Next time you see me on, shoot me a message and I'll broadcast and explain some things with zone.
ok are you on now by any chance?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2016, 11:12 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Case in point last night. I had three consecutive pitches in which I had "good" timing on balls in the zone, and swung and missed at all three of them for a strikeout. In the same game I was sitting on a ball up and in (with Rizzo) timed it perfectly and the result? Pop-up on the infield.
I've said it before and I'll say it until I'm dead or I'm banned.

Timing is just one component of a swing.

Good timing and bad placement = bad result, both in the real game and in The Show. That's the way it should be. If irl Rizzo swung with good timing but too far under the ball, he'd pop it up or foul it back (or miss it completely), too.

This would happen in Zone as well. Bad PCI placement is bad PCI placement. It's just that in Zone, if you use it well, you can avoid terrible placements more often.

With Zone, you control timing AND placement. I assume that also works similar to real ball. Best lift is slightly under the ball. You impart an upward angle and back spin without wasting too much energy with a too high trajectory. "Influence" with zone is an odd concept because the "influence" should be your swing location + swing timing, both of which you have direct control over with Zone interface.

The best power is actually a pull-ish swing. JE/E swings. Good enough to still drive the ball and impart power in the swing, and it lets you really open up on the ball. This is especially true for a Pull hitter (look at their hit chart). Unless they took this out of the game, Pull hitters do better, especially for power, on JE/E than G timing.

Yes, the game is governing PCI location in Directional. That's a feature of the interface. Influencing in Directional is no guarantee. It's what you want the hitter to TRY to do. "Influencing" in Zone should be pretty much assured since you control the PCI. I would think it's just a matter of pitch selection or bat (timing) control (which you also need for Directional and influence since you always have bat (timing) control in your hands.)
Old 08-13-2016, 11:41 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1
Icon2 Re: Zone hitting influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
COMMISSIONERHBK9,

I also switched to directional after years using zone reading that thread.

its weird to say but it feel like im actually swinging a bat using directional. When i have runners on..i gotta manufacture runs. with zone i was just trying to align that pci.

and its not as easy as the folk here would tell you. I've had games where guys throw me meatballs and i'll muster up 1-2 hits it can be frustrating.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:34 PM   #14
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

OVR: 0

I think hit influence is still in the game for zone. sometimes when entering a session of COTW there is a tip/note at the bottom of the screen that says " use swing influence to complete hit bonuses " and I almost always just by habit always pick a swing influence before each pitch. certain pitchers are impossible to hit IMO if i don't use hit influence, for example, RHP Lowe on the Tigers with his height and over the top delivery makes it impossible to stay on top of his pitch so even with my pull hitters i try and hit it the other way, not necessarily to hit it that way but just to create the proper angle for when i make contact. I am not giving an accurate example but just to point out why I still use hit influence and I have played a lot and to me I feel as though it makes a difference in my results especially on higher difficulties i think it's important to use hit influence(if it still exists) to be able to hit certain types of pitches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »