Home

The Three Best and Worst Things We Know About MLB The Show 17

This is a discussion on The Three Best and Worst Things We Know About MLB The Show 17 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #25
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: The Three Best and Worst Things We Know About MLB The Show 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Couldn't we just play an old baseball game if we wanted retro mode? I don't understand the appeal, I remember when madden did this. It lasted one year.

Absolutely.

But you couldn't play an old baseball game with the new ball physics

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #26
Banned

ArchitectsMetalcore's Arena

OVR: 0

The introduction of retro mode pretty much summarizes the priorities of this company right now and that is to create a more accessible game for the majority of the community.

I don't care if it took them one day or 5 minutes to create the mode. They sat down in their meeting, realized they can't expand the team, so they resorted to creating a new mode for the sake of having something new. Instead of using those days on fixing pitching motions, fixing jerseys, fixing grass, they felt the need to go retro. Lets not forget about shifting priorities towards DD because we all know that is where the money is. Who is to blame them though? I would have done the same thing.

Last edited by ArchitectsMetalcore; 03-10-2017 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:36 PM   #27
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

MLB Network and Show cast!!! hands down oh and of course individual hitter vs pitcher stats!!! great work SCEA...yoi ALWAYS show us that your listening... thank you, thank you and thank you.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:46 PM   #28
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchitectsMetalcore
The introduction of retro mode pretty much summarizes the priorities of this company right now and that is to create a more accessible game for the majority of the community.

I don't care if it took them one day or 5 minutes to create the mode. They sat down in their meeting, realized they can't expand the team, so they resorted to creating a new mode for the sake of having something new. Instead of using those days on fixing pitching motions, fixing jerseys, fixing grass, they felt the need to go retro. Lets not forget about shifting priorities towards DD because we all know that is where the money is. Who is to blame them though? I would have done the same thing.
I agree to a point, but at one time they were developing for 2 systems, Vita and Ps4.

Maybe we will get lucky and all of ours asking for things will be patched into the game. Here is hoping. Madden did it last year, so who knows. I miss you 2k.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #29
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

OVR: 0

Best
1. Stadium Tagging - love the idea of commentary saying where the ball lands such as Lansdowne St
2. Situational stats - dynamic batter vs. pitcher stats in Franchise
3. Player Quirks
Honorable mention - Player faces upgraded, ball physics, Top Prospect list, Critical Situations, MLB network integration, Showcast stats

**Maybe Pave the Path will make the list, still waiitng for more info.

Things I dont care about
1. DD navigation upgrades
2. Quick Manage
3. Retro Mode

After going back through all the SCEA streams, they made alot more upgrades than I perceived. This is going to be an awesome release. San Diego Studios on their game as usual.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Good
1. Ball physics
2. Body types
3. Better faces

Bad
1. Cap side logo
2. Cap side logo
3. No Tiger Stadium
Old 03-10-2017, 08:39 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchitectsMetalcore

Actually, if you consider that with Retro mode (similar to the RBI baseball games released the past couple years) and Quick Manage/sim options (similar to OOTP baseball), the team at SDS is doing a smart thing by appealing to more players, drawing them in (creating more revenue) which can then be used to apply towards more franchise options for future iterations of the game. I find it extremely unlikely that they would highlight an area they do not intend to improve in the coming years. In fact, they have followed this line of thinking before with DD and RTTS.

Of course I would like more franchise based improvements, but I am willing to wait till next year. Besides, there is so much to love with what we have seen in the vids so far. Ball physics and quirks alone are going to enhance franchise mode!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2017, 10:47 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 8
I pretty much agree with your assessment. I'm not so sure that retro mode is a negative..what I will say is I doubt I'll be playing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »