Home

Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2017, 09:41 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonholmes
Ugh, I'm a SS playing RF, had a meeting with my manager who said he'd like to switch me to RF permanently, I said no, he said he admired my conviction and would switch me back. Going on 2 weeks since, I pretty much exclusively play RF. Just hired an agent hoping they could twist their arms into putting me back to SS, disheartening to hear it might not happen. Right field is incredibly boring to me.
you're stuck. I just finished my second season and I'm still at 2B

my agent even asked me to get traded so i could go back to the outfield and I said YES look into that

still nothing. not even in the off season. it looks as though once you are moved, it's permanent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2017, 10:08 PM   #162
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
You had 12 HR and 40 RBI during your September call-up? That's like a 70HR 200+ RBI pace...

Oh, for anyone struggling, I suggest switching to "Strike Zone" camera for at-bats. I didn't like the idea of using this camera b/c it zooms in so much that you can't see your character, and it's aesthetically pleasing for me to see my guys swing animation, etc. BUT...once I switched I went on a tear. The pitches that used to fool me, I can see their break better and earlier now and it helps me to lay off. Don't get me wrong, I still had some stupid lunges, but, it dropped dramatically.

Also, I was using direction hitting. Switched back to zone and that also aided in my resurgence.
Haha I wish; I meant in AA. Went straight from AA to the MLB with those numbers in my first year.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Old 04-01-2017, 12:00 AM   #163
Just started!

OVR: 0

Why is my 16 RTTS not showing up on MLB17. I can see it under cloud application saved data, but its not pulling up in game. Any ideas?
Old 04-01-2017, 12:35 AM   #164
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDonDetroit
Why is my 16 RTTS not showing up on MLB17. I can see it under cloud application saved data, but its not pulling up in game. Any ideas?

I didn't have that issue but some have mentioned that re-downloading 16 can fix any carry-over issues.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:53 AM   #165
Just started!

The whole position switching thing just doesn't seem that great of an idea to me. Alright, management wants me to try another position, fine. But it seems like I should be able to get back to my original position if I want.

The game also seems incredibly inconsistent in how they programed these cutscenes. I just had one trigger on my AA closer about three weeks into the season, and he demanded that I become a starting pitcher. I said no, and he benched me. Calendar moves ahead one day and another cutscene triggers with the same dude now praising me for having such a hot start to the season.

Come on, get it together...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 01:01 AM   #166
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
I didn't have that issue but some have mentioned that re-downloading 16 can fix any carry-over issues.

Now I just gotta find a disk
Old 04-01-2017, 06:30 AM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 3
Official MLB 17 : Road to the Show Thread

As far as getting switched. I was a ss and was asked to move to 3rd. I had a better chance to get to the show. I asked them what I need to do to get back to ss and they sent a coach to me explaining what I need to improve on. So I'm working on fielding an arm. I notice that they traded the ss and brought in a 3rd basemen at MLB level. I'm currently 74 fielding 67 arm and crushing it in AAA. I legit have the best option to get to the show as a ss but haven't been switched. Maybe soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-01-2017, 07:18 AM   #168
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

I played my first 5 games at 3B after my switch. I did ok, after reading all the posts regarding being moved, I'm guessing that I am at 3B permanently. I'm playing really well at the moment. I'm expecting a jump to AAA at some point this season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »