Home

MLB The Show 17: Is It a Buy?

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17: Is It a Buy? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2017, 01:07 AM   #41
Rookie

thekidisback's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17: Is It a Buy?

Ken Griffey Jr is on the cover and in the game. Right there is enough for me. All the other improved things like graphics, gameplay, commentary, new modes and so much more are icing on the cake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 02:46 AM   #42
Rookie

Razor7787's Arena

One of the best, if not the best sports game out there. Definitely a buy

Gesendet von iPhone mit Operation Sports
Old 04-01-2017, 06:17 AM   #43
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysonguy
The game is currently very broken, why are so many people recommending it?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app

Because we don't view it as "very broken" and are enjoying the game?

I know it's a crazy concept that people have different opinions as to what makes a game enjoyable to them.

This game is a must buy in my opinion. New ball physics alone will keep this game feeling fresh for months to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
In the NBA, the best center in the league recently got traded for basically dinner at Pizza Hut.

We no longer have any right to call any trade whatsoever "unrealistic" or "not sim."
true.. for me it's more about the amount of trades not the actual traded players.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #45
Rookie

consecutive27's Arena

I still might end up buying it eventually, but I was hoping for more attention to scouting, drafting, progression, regression, and fixing pitcher stamina/rotations in the playoffs. If they had improved those things, I would be all over this game. The gameplay improvements do sound good though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2017, 11:21 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
The game is currently very broken, why are so many people recommending it?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app

I agree to an extent with you. The servers are not a big deal to me but other things are. Yes, the game looks amazing....but why did they change the way the ball off the bat sounds? Why do small infielders hit mammoth ruthian shots every game? Something clearly isn't right.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:28 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

The people who are saying this is a must buy right now are doing people who don't have the game a huge disservice.

The problems with the game are on social media and other sites besides this one, they are not isolated incidents.

These aren't little glitches, the servers being a problem days after launch, the game resetting people's experience sometimes multiple times a day, the game freezing mid game, games played but not counting, getting booted out of games and being credited with a loss, load screens that are 30+ minutes, having to wait minutes for menu screens to change.

The argument of "well it's not happening to me" does not work because not only do other users in here say they're having the problems but SDS says yes, they know these things are happening.

Everyone who has the game right now and is dealing with problems have paid a premium. They have the game during launch week when it's going to be it's most expensive. They are rewarded with a game that is currently broken.

Saying right now the game is a buy is irresponsible. If you want to say once things are fixed it's worth a buy that's one thing. To suggest that it would be in someone's best interests to get the game right now with all this going on is misleading, it makes the community look bad. They should be watching each other's backs and preventing others from getting in the same situation.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:54 PM   #48
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
The people who are saying this is a must buy right now are doing people who don't have the game a huge disservice.

The problems with the game are on social media and other sites besides this one, they are not isolated incidents.

These aren't little glitches, the servers being a problem days after launch, the game resetting people's experience sometimes multiple times a day, the game freezing mid game, games played but not counting, getting booted out of games and being credited with a loss, load screens that are 30+ minutes, having to wait minutes for menu screens to change.

The argument of "well it's not happening to me" does not work because not only do other users in here say they're having the problems but SDS says yes, they know these things are happening.

Everyone who has the game right now and is dealing with problems have paid a premium. They have the game during launch week when it's going to be it's most expensive. They are rewarded with a game that is currently broken.

Saying right now the game is a buy is irresponsible. If you want to say once things are fixed it's worth a buy that's one thing. To suggest that it would be in someone's best interests to get the game right now with all this going on is misleading, it makes the community look bad. They should be watching each other's backs and preventing others from getting in the same situation.

The game as I play it isn't broken. I play offline franchise and the game works for me.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-01-2017 at 12:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »