Home

Free Agency in Franchise still broken...

This is a discussion on Free Agency in Franchise still broken... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 04:20 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Free Agency in Franchise still broken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
The 3 sports games I play are Madden, NBA 2K, and The Show.

NONE of them have EVER gotten the CPU roster management AI correct. Do I want them to fix it? Of course. I just don't think they are truly capable or willing to allocate the resources.

So I'll take 30 team control over the CPU just ruining their own teams.

That's fine but when they implemented carry over saves you were forced into GM mode if you weren't using 30 team control. The problem is they implement all this stuff for the sim community and the issues with the core game aren't fixed.
Old 05-14-2017, 04:22 PM   #26
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

I personally do not see these issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2017, 11:55 AM   #27
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh123
There was plenty of money to sign him, I resigned him to the Jays for 1 year 8 mil. Like I said the roster makers tested the contracts because they were going to use SCEA contracts if they needed to. The tests with real contracts came out fine.
Hybrid roster makers also make it clear that you should be playing with 30 team control if you use their roster...
Old 05-15-2017, 12:56 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
but how do you get the flavour of 30 GMs when one man has to be 30 GMs?
Exactly. Exactly. Exactly....exact reason why I don't like 30-team control. Play franchise and let it ride. Time and time again we've seen crazy stuff happen in the world of sports.

Not knocking how some go about handling franchise stuff, just my personal opinion.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:01 PM   #29
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Quote:
Going into the 2018 season Joey Bats is sitting in the FA pool. His 2017 he hit .253 with 91 runs, 34 hrs and 107 RBI. You're telling me that no one wanted to offer him a deal? The team has Kenrys Morales starting in RF while Dalton Pompey is the DH (REALLY?!?!?!?!)

30 year old Alex Cobb is in FA after going 16-9 with a 3.30 ERA and 1.19 WHIP

Please fix this. I want to enjoy franchise not spend my time fixing programming mistakes.
Buatista is 37 years old. I wouldn't sign him. Heck look at the real off season. No one wanted him, thats why he had to go back to Toronto. Guys over 36 are all over the Free Agent Market. 36 is like death in the show. Players start to rapidly decline after this age. I had Adrian Beltre hit 298 with 17 HR's and 82 RBI's but went from a 92 to a 79.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #30
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

You guys can articulate all the old FA's you want...but it's clear that teams don't retain high POT guys who have sure fire PROMISE in their systems. Hell they won't even sign all of their draft picks and let some quality rookies go.

There's a clear problem if you let the CPU run their own team.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-15-2017, 05:55 PM   #31
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
You guys can articulate all the old FA's you want...but it's clear that teams don't retain high POT guys who have sure fire PROMISE in their systems. Hell they won't even sign all of their draft picks and let some quality rookies go.

There's a clear problem if you let the CPU run their own team.
I agree that it's really not worth letting the CPU run their own team, but again, to play devils advocate, remember that not all draft picks sign after they are drafted in real life either.

I think some of the issue is that the rosters max out at 90 players. Not sure what the CPU's re-signing logic is, but I released 4 or 5 super low potential guys from each team and the problem seemed to clear itself up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2017, 07:53 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Going into the 2018 season Joey Bats is sitting in the FA pool. His 2017 he hit .253 with 91 runs, 34 hrs and 107 RBI. You're telling me that no one wanted to offer him a deal? The team has Kenrys Morales starting in RF while Dalton Pompey is the DH (REALLY?!?!?!?!)

30 year old Alex Cobb is in FA after going 16-9 with a 3.30 ERA and 1.19 WHIP

Please fix this. I want to enjoy franchise not spend my time fixing programming mistakes.

Gotta problem with them not being picked up, why dont you do it then? Problem solved.

Sick of the first world whinging about this game. So many other sports dont have a sports game one tenth as good as this (tennis, cricket, rugby examples).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »