Home

MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream - Gameplay & AI, Legend Vladimir Guerrero Announced

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream - Gameplay & AI, Legend Vladimir Guerrero Announced within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #17
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB The Show 18 Twitch Stream Starting Now - Gameplay & AI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blegh
Stream was boring but some nice new animations. Wish we show more live gameplay of the new animations instead of pre recorded ones shown. Don't see much new with the hitting.
They released quite a bit of information especially in regards to the PCI and how it reacts with the different type of hitters. It actually got me juiced for hitting this year. I really disliked 17's hitting and to me 18 looks different. I would have a hard time saying it looks the same.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:29 PM   #18
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I said it was a concern based on what I saw...I'm not making a conclusion, but I am a bit concerned that it won't be balanced which I think is fair since they never balanced it last year. I'm definitely optimistic though.

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-08-2018 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #19
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

https://i.groupme.com/260x195.gif.d7...a6fe1350797215

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-08-2018, 06:36 PM   #20
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Really guys? I never jump to conclusions until I play the game myself.

I think they cured the easy steals on blocked balls right in front of the catcher with average to below average speed runners. If the ball get’s away far enough a faster guy will be able to take a base.

The two biggest issues offline (forget online it was an offline issue too) were slow and deliberate catcher animations and limp wristed throws. It was brutal. Also the amount of wild pitches were too high.

Now if you don’t get a good read on a blocked ball and take off....you will be gunned down as you should be.

I thought base stealing last season was tough already. They balanced that pretty well. You had to get great jumps (as you should in the Majors).

Anyway point is....let’s play the game when it comes out before sounding the alarms and jumping to broad conclusions based on streams. The video they showed were clear examples of the warts of 17 vs the vastly improved catcher animations in 18.

It’s night and day.
Your right about the wild pitches it was so hard to get sliders right last year because the wild pitchers were crazy and making ERAs go up.

I hope their is more balance in manager hook this year it was a disaster last year with starters coming out after 4 innings because a game was close.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:44 PM   #21
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Really guys? I never jump to conclusions until I play the game myself.

I think they cured the easy steals on blocked balls right in front of the catcher with average to below average speed runners. If the ball get’s away far enough a faster guy will be able to take a base.

The two biggest issues offline (forget online it was an offline issue too) were slow and deliberate catcher animations and limp wristed throws. It was brutal. Also the amount of wild pitches were too high.

Now if you don’t get a good read on a blocked ball and take off....you will be gunned down as you should be.

I thought base stealing last season was tough already. They balanced that pretty well. You had to get great jumps (as you should in the Majors).

Anyway point is....let’s play the game when it comes out before sounding the alarms and jumping to broad conclusions based on streams. The video they showed were clear examples of the warts of 17 vs the vastly improved catcher animations in 18.

It’s night and day.
To be fair, you make some conclusions in your own post based on the video. I agree the improvements look great and I'm not trying to make a negative conclusion; I worded my initial post poorly, but I am a bit concerned about balance, yet I'll definitely wait to play the game and there's a great chance my concern will vanish as soon as I play. Not trying to bust your balls either, but I think people have a right to be at least a bit uneasy about this being balanced since it was never fixed last year. I'm thrilled with what I saw in the video. I just don't want them to go too far the other way with it in terms of balance. However, That's all I'll say about it for now and I will optimistically wait for the release.

And I'm definitely preordering today

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-08-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2018, 06:46 PM   #22
Rookie

CSUFresnoClassof2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
They released quite a bit of information especially in regards to the PCI and how it reacts with the different type of hitters. It actually got me juiced for hitting this year. I really disliked 17's hitting and to me 18 looks different. I would have a hard time saying it looks the same.
This should help a lot for those of us who do use zone hitting. I definitely didn't know a lot of what said about the PCI.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:59 PM   #23
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Hugely impressed with the fixing of the broken tags, the terrible stuck animations allowing players to take extra bases and the awful catcher animations. All look great, but at the same time I hope they haven't overdone it. Close tags are missed in real life and sometimes weak hit balls do get beaten out for infield hits, not all catchers and pitchers do make perfect, athletic plays every time. It needs mistakes still in there on close plays.

That's my only concern, as they did the same with the infielders. They added all these fancy animations for dives, jump throws and the like, but then they had them happening all the time with perfect execution, almost regardless of the fielders ability. If they still have that but take away the cheap, slow rollers to the pitcher, then I struggle to see where the infield hits are going to come from.

So hopefully they've toned down the infield heroics, particularly with less talented fielders and added these new, fantastic catcher and pitcher animations, so we get the right amount of infield hits and in the most realistic way.

Didn't see the hitting part of the stream as I got a call, but I liked the look of the first half.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:08 PM   #24
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

I assume directional hitting hasn’t been taken out? I haven’t heard much about it so far.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »