Home

How do you run your 30 team control franchise? Share !

This is a discussion on How do you run your 30 team control franchise? Share ! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2018, 01:11 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How do you run your 30 team control franchise? Share !

NBA 2k My League Style Of Play

I play in a My League NBA 2k style type of way with a created player SS and all manager duties for all 30 teams set to auto. I player lock my created player and play out all CPU and Player Locked at bats, defense and innings as well as setting my defensive attempts set to "Some" I feel this creates more organic plays on defense as opposed to more scripted opportunities when set too "All" (even with game watch selected) and I love to play defense in real life. I hope this will be a focus for SD Studios at some point.

The Down Side

One down side to playing the game this way is that all players get infinite amount of stamina and the line ups don't change unless there is an injury. If you choose the direct "Player Lock" option from the main screen. Otherwise you will have to start a game then pause each game and select your player lock from the line up menu. Pretty painful over 162+ game season. Unfortunately I just try to deal with it. This is also the only way you can choose your uniform that you want to wear.

Favorite Team Build

I don't create a power house but I build a initial roster of favorite players but so it's balanced and not overpowering to the other teams in the league. For example I signed Lorenzo Cain to 5yrs on the Texas Rangers which is my favorite team but I also sign myself to a 2 year deal and hope that I can keep up the performance on Legend and not get traded! I set this roster up before entering the season.

Living Breathing League

I like having all 30 teams with all task set to auto as it creates a living league. Even though it's not a reflection of real life MLB . My play style focuses on myself as a player in the MLB league. The challenge is trying to remain on my favorite team by actual performance and making plays on defense. One reason I am looking forward to (Quick Stat) commentary in MLB 18. Hearing my accomplishments announced will be nice. (Man I take this game way to seriously! LOL)

I also set the trade slider to 1 (thankful they added that slider) but trades still do happen. It adds to the fun as I am still able to have some control while been on my favorite team to see how far I can go before been traded or sent down etc. If I get traded I simply switch to that team and continue my focus of greatness.

Changing My Look Throughout The Season

This also keeps things interesting throughout the season. I came in as a 18 year old and I grow my beard from stubble, medium too full. As I have aged throughout the years when I change it I never go back to full baby face always stubble. Yup you guessed it I really think I am in the MLB LOL!

Roster

I play using WaitTilNextYear's realism roster I have to vouch highly for this roster first thing I noticed were the pitcher animations changes and the re-rated player ratings definitely makes the experience more awesome because not everyone is a 80 or 90+ player my created player is a overall 73 and building. Just makes for more balanced and realistic fun. As for those jump throws they still happen for every infielder but I have seen some result in a error so I will take that.

If I am traded I continue to play out the career even if its not a team I like! Trying to build stats and live out my MLB dream! But you know I keep that back up save just incase!

Franchise Player Lock Tip

If you use Player Lock and are unable to finish a game and not up to bat or not on base at the time you want to save (Defensive Opportunities don't work) Pause the game and Player Lock the player at Bat or on base if any and save the game by exiting. When you return you will be locked on to that player simply wait for the "Watch Game Option" to appear and when it does select it.

Unlock from the player at bat or on base and re-lock the player you want to be locked on to and you can continue to watch the game until your next appearance so that you don't miss any of the action or unseen magical scored runs!

Yeah it's definitely takes some work for this tip. I just feel something was not programmed correctly from the start. But I will take it!

Quick Manage

If for some reason I am subbed out during the game I use quick manage to finish it. But I try to set myself up as the primary short stop so that this does not happen.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:41 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

I turn off control on 29 teams and let chaos reign supreme. #Anarchy

A Work in Progress
Old 02-26-2018, 08:43 PM   #19
Rookie

I play every out of my d-backs team. I find the 30 team control is great for the offseason and letting free agents hit the market. Otherwise there is never more than 2 good free agents. I also move the trade slider down to 1 in April and raise it each month with it peaking in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-26-2018, 09:16 PM   #20
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP20
I make sure no crazy trades go through and near the deadline I’ll write down all contending and non contending teams and makes trades for them that make sense and are realistic. During the trade i use dice to determine what the actual outcome of the prospect will be depending on potential (higher potential has higher odds of becoming a stud) how i do this is by example: Brewers trade Brinson Harrison for Yelich, Brinson has A POT so bust would be 1 , average player 2/3, 4/5 all star and 6 would be superstar. While Harrison (B POT) would be 1/2 bust, 3/4 average, 5 star, 6 superstar.
In the off season
In the off season i also control resignings to make sure big names hit the market and low budget teams don’t resign players wanting real life money. I do use real life contracts and give real life contracts to players as well. I write down what all teams need or want and put same bids on players and see who they choose if multiple teams need that player type instead of having a team out bid someone. This makes it more interesting. Budgets are turned off btw

For the dice roll letting decide who becomes a stud or bust, how do you make that happen? Just manually increase/decrease attributes? How do you go about this because I’m really intrigued

Old 02-26-2018, 10:30 PM   #21
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

I am gonna be the only crazy person here that does this..

I play EVERY single game, and I play on offence only. so I switch controller at the end of every innings... this way I have my own franchise running where every stat is created by me, it also helps get a feeling for sliders. and I don't use quick counts.

I usually get to about June by the time it is September in real life, then I start simming a bit

You can all call me crazy now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I am gonna be the only crazy person here that does this..

I play EVERY single game, and I play on offence only. so I switch controller at the end of every innings... this way I have my own franchise running where every stat is created by me, it also helps get a feeling for sliders. and I don't use quick counts.

I usually get to about June by the time it is September in real life, then I start simming a bit

You can all call me crazy now.
if being baseball crazy is wrong, I don't want to be right.

A Work in Progress
Old 02-27-2018, 06:23 PM   #23
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
if being baseball crazy is wrong, I don't want to be right.
haha I know right!

but seriously I have real fun with this, It is like I have my own little world and to know all those stats came through me and I seen it happen with every single pitch I love. and the great thing is I try and win at every at bat.

One game I ended up going 20 innings once. I just couldn't end the game it was exciting and I go into that game trying to win at every at bat.

My only wish was I want to be in control of the CPU BP
Old 03-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #24
Rookie

PokerWarrior27's Arena

Playing every game is wild but sounds like fun
NHL- New York Rangers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »