Home

How do you run your 30 team control franchise? Share !

This is a discussion on How do you run your 30 team control franchise? Share ! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: How do you run your 30 team control franchise? Share !

for some reason my level of control varies to the sport. I think it has to do with my perceived knowledge of the sport. So in Madden I'm fine doing a standard one team control franchise. In NBA2k I do 30 team control and control every roster move, every rotation (having to constantly adjust for injuries), etc. I have a Excel file someone made back in 2012 that I've tweaked for my own purposes, another tool someone made to decide where free agents go (it provides points based on location, winning team, contract size, length, hometown discount, etc. then you get a percentage for each suitor and use a random number generator to finalize) and a progression/regression system that allows for bigger leaps and sharper declines.

MLB the Show falls in the middle. I use 30 team control and don't allow for trades that I don't choose. But I leave things like batting orders, pitching rotations, injury management, call-ups, etc. to the other 29 teams not named Detroit. Sometimes do free agency/arbitration/options for the other teams, sometimes I let it ride.

I always use OFSM (sometimes a version that has players edited for ratings, pitch types, etc.) and I generally play one game out of each series for the Tigers, trying to vary which of my starting pitchers I use.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »