Home

MLB The Show 18 RTTS Twitch Stream Starting Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 18 RTTS Twitch Stream Starting Now within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #25
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 18 RTTS Twitch Stream Starting Now

Was it mentioned if Showtime is actually optional now? Last year they said it was optional over and over leading up to release, but you were still stuck with tons of slo-mo events happening on baserunning and fielding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2018, 07:11 PM   #26
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
They showed a couple rituals, but weren't allowed to show any names equipment

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Hmmm, Ramone said equipment would be shown during RTTS stream.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-08-2018, 07:21 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Hmmm, Ramone said equipment would be shown during RTTS stream.

Today they said they couldn't because of licensing agreements.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:41 PM   #28
Rookie

I like the arch-type inclusion. Can totally understand how a few people are going to feel like it should be more of an option - that they should be allowed to create the 99-beast they want - and can sympathize that they are getting shoe-horned into this if they import their player. That does kind of suck. But at least for myself, I like this as I've always felt in RTTS, the rest of the world was bound by some limitations, yet my created player wasn't. It was a weird feeling, almost like I was the spawn of a god in a world of only mortals.

I think the arch-type gives you some replay-ability where as before, I felt like the only difference between my catcher play-through and my CF play-through was his batting stance and the uniform he wore. Now I feel like there could be a tangible difference in them.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:00 PM   #29
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewalrustwaspaul
Today they said they couldn't because of licensing agreements.
Yes, specifically, some of the manufacturers will have equipment in The Show that hasn't been debuted to the public yet. IE: expect Nike or Under Armour or somebody to reveal new equipment in real life in the next 2 weeks.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:08 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari
After watching the stream today, I have to say that while the archetypes are a decent idea, the hard caps will likely prevent me from importing anyone into this year’s game if I purchase it. I’m not impressed with the direction that DD and RTTS are going and I think it’s likely time that I jump off this boat and switch to OOTP full time unless franchise mode really wows me. I understand the reasoning behind the hard caps but I don’t agree with them at all. RTTS is what the user makes of it and if I want to be a full-99 god then what’s the harm in it in an offline game mode? This feature really should have been optional, IMO. Furthermore, unless they greatly increased the agent check-in to a weekly frequency I suppose I might just go back to playing ‘16 instead of leaving ‘17 for ’18. I’m glad that the fake twitter is now hidden by default but if you’re going to have the phone still I’d at least like to be able to call my agent on demand to get a trade or to amass secondary positions, so I can be a super utility player.

On the bright side, the slowdown camera is a neat idea and I do like the new progression system somewhat, especially the aging changes. However, unless the age 45 cap is gone, I suppose I don’t really care about that last part. The new training options are decent but the “press X to advance skill” really feels like a wasted opportunity do work on some new drills. I feel like these changes would have been better suited if RTTS were a co-op online mode instead of offline.

Franchise will have a lot of work to do to make up for the disappointment that I’ve felt with the new changes to both DD and RTTS to sell me on this game, unfortunately. This sell will also be the toughest because unless they can blow OOTP out of the water here then I might as well just buy that and save myself the purchase price. I can admire the hard work that has gone into these new changes in MLB the Show, but it appears that this game is becoming less and less for me this year.

I agree. I think it is time for me as well and now try OOTP. I don't see anything exciting about this year RTTS, one of my favorite modes of MLBTS.

I don't know if I am just burnt out of this series but it looks to me that they are just adding stuff that are insignificant just for the sake of adding them. It seems to me that they are squeezing every inch out of this MLBTS legacy engine and they can't do anymore with it. I am still seeing the same herky jerky player motions from long past PS2 days of this game.

New players to the series are likely to get excited and that is a good thing, I wish I can go back to that innocent time again when it was all new and fresh to me!

I hope for the next console (PS5?) they get a brand new code...it is time to retire this one!
Old 03-08-2018, 08:27 PM   #31
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Yes, specifically, some of the manufacturers will have equipment in The Show that hasn't been debuted to the public yet. IE: expect Nike or Under Armour or somebody to reveal new equipment in real life in the next 2 weeks.
Damnit, was hoping to see if Nike catchers equipment made it in.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2018, 08:42 PM   #32
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Archive https://www.twitch.tv/videos/236643830
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »