Home

Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2018, 02:40 PM   #945
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread

I created a CF, got drafted by the phillies, he hit .333 with 40 HR and over 100 RBI

During the off season he was not promoted and sent back to AA to ride the bench...out of frustration i simulated the following season just to see what would happen and the same thing - benched.

I'm just done. I started playing this series as a 20 something and now i'm 37 with a career, kids blah blah...it's just time to let it go. Not really sure why they messed up the RTTS like this, maybe they're focusing on the online too much, a mode I don't even play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 03:59 AM   #946
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Just started a new 1B RTTS, bat first to start, that I think I'll actually carry on a long ways. Was drafted 2nd overall in the 25th round to the Giants, and now at June 5th, 56 games played, and a 62 ovr in the first season. Playing on All-Star everything with Armor's sliders. No strike zone, hot zones, or guess pitch with buttons and directional hitting.

So after those 56 games im hitting .332/.366/.562 with 25 runs scored, 19 doubles, 2 triples, and 9 dingers along with 41 RBIs. Also 12 walks and 18 Ks so (surprisingly) my discipline at the plate isnt too bad at all.

The weird thing is the Giants traded Belt to Philadelphia for Seranthony Dominguez and the minor league 1st baseman Bill Francisco, so I'm actually the highest rated 1st baseman in the Giants organization, but they have Nick Hundley playing 1st for now. That being said, Richmond has Francisco playing 1st with me DHing in DH games, with Francisco on the bench when there's no DH.

I'm also the leading vote getter in all of MiLB so far at 400K, so hopefully with our team at 26-31 right now, I can get a promotion at some point this season.

Last edited by itsmb8; 10-14-2018 at 04:01 AM.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #947
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Just started a new 1B RTTS, bat first to start, that I think I'll actually carry on a long ways. Was drafted 2nd overall in the 25th round to the Giants, and now at June 5th, 56 games played, and a 62 ovr in the first season. Playing on All-Star everything with Armor's sliders. No strike zone, hot zones, or guess pitch with buttons and directional hitting.

So after those 56 games im hitting .332/.366/.562 with 25 runs scored, 19 doubles, 2 triples, and 9 dingers along with 41 RBIs. Also 12 walks and 18 Ks so (surprisingly) my discipline at the plate isnt too bad at all.

The weird thing is the Giants traded Belt to Philadelphia for Seranthony Dominguez and the minor league 1st baseman Bill Francisco, so I'm actually the highest rated 1st baseman in the Giants organization, but they have Nick Hundley playing 1st for now. That being said, Richmond has Francisco playing 1st with me DHing in DH games, with Francisco on the bench when there's no DH.

I'm also the leading vote getter in all of MiLB so far at 400K, so hopefully with our team at 26-31 right now, I can get a promotion at some point this season.
Speaking of promotion, just started the game up and the first thing that happens is they call me up to the bigs. Skipped AAA completely for now, no joke.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:53 PM   #948
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

Just played my first game with San Francisco. 4-4, 3 singles and a solo home run. I swear I have it on All-Star.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:19 AM   #949
Rookie

BarfytheOwl's Arena

OVR: 0

I just finished out my career.

Made it to 45 before "no team wanted to take a chance on a player your age". I mean, I still had 99 contact v. both lefties and righties, and 62/58 power v. both, high 60's fielding stuff and low 60's speed. I think I was still 91 overall, and could've played another season (I'd actually just decided to make that upcoming season my last). But still, a very fulfilling career.

I simmed a lot of my minor league career, only stayed down until mid 2019, then played two or three games of every few series in the majors, I don't have enough patience to play every game, even in franchise, though I'd like to at some point.

I wish I had written down my exact career stats, because I made the Hall by a mile playing on HoF/Legend difficulty. Granted I did sim a lot but I use Hybrid rosters and really difficult/realistic sliders for both playing and simming. I remember that my career batting average was .316, and I flirted with .400 in my last two seasons but never actually hit it.

If I can re-enter the mode and see my full statline I'll come back and post it. This was a fun ride, most invested I've ever been in RttS, and also showed that you can still put up some gaudy numbers even with the archetypes.

Currently listening to: Ice Nine Kills

PSN: Sentient_Ooze
Old 12-02-2018, 05:59 PM   #950
Just started!

I don’t think that this is true because I’m a second baseman, you can tell it’s me because the name is John Marston (Red Dead Redemption) and I have a quirk, I’m only on my second year of MLB with rookie difficulty. It’s called quick reflexes and shows a icon of a cat an a ball. Would show a picture but can’t figure out how to do that?
Old 01-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #951
Rookie

I remember reading something a while back about them adding more story elements etc at a later date. Have that happened yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2019, 09:39 PM   #952
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm in my first season as a full-time MLB Starting Pitcher. I've been traded not once, not twice, but FOUR times this season.

Opening Day through 30th May: Los Angeles Dodgers
1st June-5th July: Kansas City Royals
6th July-29th July: New York Yankees
30th July: Milwaukee Brewers

I'm an All-Star, 86 overall, B potential. What gives?
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »