Home

Never Again Best Buy!!!

This is a discussion on Never Again Best Buy!!! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2018, 11:24 PM   #9
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1
Never Again Best Buy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
The FedEx carrier delayed my shipping to what seems Monday now (probably not Saturday since I am having it sent to my office). Got the email last night. Best Buy even sent it out early Wednesday morning. Why they used their NY distribution for FL, when they have closer ones is beyond me.

I called them this morning and they gave me a $10 credit. So I only paid $38 for the MVP edition, but still stinks a little. I need to finish up Bloodborne anyhow, and a friend who is on TWD is visiting me in between filming to 'talk shop', so that shall make for a good distraction.

If you speak with them, and let them know they are not honoring their advertised promotion, they may refund you $10 a well. Give them a ring.

I didn’t receive my game from Best Buy today either. Never had an issue before but usually they would ship the day before with overnight shipping. I think with the Friday release they thought it’d take two days and obviously they were wrong. Appears to be fedex’s fault but still I’m annoyed at Best Buy.

I called and got them to send me a $10 gift card but it was like pulling teeth. I called at 1030 PM and they said they had to wait and make sure it wasn’t being delivered today. I said it’s 1030 at night it’s not coming today! They finally spoke to a supervisor and said they’d send a gift card.

I’m hoping the game comes tomorrow otherwise what the hell was the point of preordering for “early release”. According to fedex tracking now there is no scheduled delivery date and it hasn’t been updated since 230 AM today.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by TheBigTee; 03-23-2018 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:45 PM   #10
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Never Again Best Buy!!!

While I did receive my copy from Best Buy today, it was packed terribly. My MVP Edition was thrown in a small box with no air bubble support or anything. The box showed up on the doorstep all smashed up with the game rattling inside. Luckily, everything was alright, but it was disappointing that Best Buy would so carelessly ship a decently priced item.

But yeah, with GCU, I saved a good chunk of money off the game, and I buy most of my stuff through Best Buy because of it. I've saved a ton.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:20 AM   #11
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Picked up my game from the local Best Buy this morning. Still have not gotten my preorder bonus code email from Best Buy. Reached out to them via Twitter, and was told it's a known issue that's being worked on. So yeah, not a great First Pitch Weekend for Best Buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 09:13 PM   #12
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Picked up my game from the local Best Buy this morning. Still have not gotten my preorder bonus code email from Best Buy. Reached out to them via Twitter, and was told it's a known issue that's being worked on. So yeah, not a great First Pitch Weekend for Best Buy.
yeah still waiting on pre order bonus email as well. I did an online chat with them and they said give it 24 hours. 24 hours has come and gone.

RAVENS/ORIOLES
Old 03-24-2018, 09:16 PM   #13
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8
yeah still waiting on pre order bonus email as well. I did an online chat with them and they said give it 24 hours. 24 hours has come and gone.
I reached out to Best Buy Support via Twitter last night. Said it was a known issue, and they were working on it.

Asked for an update today. Here's the response:

"I understand that our teams are working with the game's publisher to get remaining codes out as soon as possible. Please let us know if you still have not received your email by Monday. ^Derek"
Old 03-24-2018, 09:23 PM   #14
MVP

8's Arena

OVR: 21

lol, wow. Thanks for the update MrArlingtonBeach.

RAVENS/ORIOLES
Old 03-24-2018, 09:40 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I reached out to Best Buy Support via Twitter last night. Said it was a known issue, and they were working on it.

Asked for an update today. Here's the response:

"I understand that our teams are working with the game's publisher to get remaining codes out as soon as possible. Please let us know if you still have not received your email by Monday. ^Derek"
which means it's the weekend and nobody is working on it until monday. They better give us some kind of reimbursement if this thing doesn't work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #16
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Update to this - I finally got the preorder bonus code email from Best Buy today at 9:55 a.m. central time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »