Home

Franchise Frustrations

This is a discussion on Franchise Frustrations within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2018, 06:51 PM   #9
MVP

Houston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Frustrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I use the A roster for my DL. I do 30 team control and try to follow injuries as much as I can. If a player gets injured in real life I just put him in A ball until he comes off the DL.
This would also be my suggestion and how they were doing online franchises when injuries did work they would go to A ball.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:50 PM   #10
Rookie

sc050610's Arena

Franchise Frustrations

I have been messing around with a second franchise of the Angels and just decided to sim through the first season as lost Trout to an injury for three month. Long story, short, this new phases and layout for the off-season is not very user friendly. You can’t do anything from the calendar now. You can’t see anyone’s potential, it doesn’t tell when guys signed or resigned with new teams. I made offers to guys and I had no idea if I signed them or not or what other teams did as they buried the transaction log on the calendar. Manny Machado who is one of the top free agents available resigned and I would have never known that because there was no pop up like there was in 17 or inside the show that comes up in the off-season to tell me about signings.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by sc050610; 04-12-2018 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:45 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williemayshayes00
So between AA, AAA and MLB you can only have 5 total players on the dl at a time?
Sorry I wasn't clear, five per level. (So 5 MLB, 5 AAA, 5AA)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2018, 01:47 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I use the A roster for my DL. I do 30 team control and try to follow injuries as much as I can. If a player gets injured in real life I just put him in A ball until he comes off the DL.
And I do this some too, but then it also makes another problem occur. If you send a guy who is injured to A-ball, it messes with there service time, meaning it could delay the player from free agency or miss Super Two cutoff. (Like I said, I want it as realistic as possible.)

There is only one 'workaround' that I currently do. If a player is injured that has over 6 years of service time (meaning he's already become a free agent) and I am crunched on DL space then I will send him to A-ball for the duration of his injury because it's more about contract years and not service time, and that won't change when sent down to A-Ball.

Last edited by flamarlin2121; 04-13-2018 at 01:49 AM.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:17 AM   #13
Banned

Williemayshayes00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamarlin2121
Sorry I wasn't clear, five per level. (So 5 MLB, 5 AAA, 5AA)
Still ridiculous. What do you do if you have more than 5? Have to send them down to single A?
Old 04-14-2018, 11:52 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

the Show would do well to heed more of their own advice:

"A baseball franchise is a complex and delicate apparatus''
- Erik Braa

A Work in Progress

Last edited by Caulfield; 04-14-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:52 AM   #15
MVP

forme95's Arena

I tried one year to do a realistic start of the season with DL, and came to the conclusion that it was silly and a waste of time. So now I just start as if everyone is healthy and what happens in the game, happens. It is a pain to go through the OSFM roster and move players back and figure out what starting rotations and lineups would be like. To combat that, I just moved players who I thought should be on the 40 man and who I thought should be in MLB and put them as such. Then I start in Spring training and make Injury 10 so when I get through spring, I have some injuries starting the season.

This is a video game after all. It has its limits. You have to remember that you only have 90 players and not 900 (exaggeration I know) like in real life so some things cant be done for that reason alone. It isn't a computer game that would allow for more expanded control like OOTP so to say.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2018, 01:19 PM   #16
Rookie

tshokunbi's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
This is a video game after all.
Seriously, thanks for this sentence. No joke, sometimes I get so caught up, I lose perspective.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »