Home

I am officially sick and tired of the patches screwing up gameplay!

This is a discussion on I am officially sick and tired of the patches screwing up gameplay! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2018, 05:04 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I am officially sick and tired of the patches screwing up gameplay!

With Diamond Dynasty taking over, I think it's time The Show goes the Madden route with play styles. Have Arcade, Simulation, and Competitive modes and tune them individually.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:15 PM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_centa_fielda
With Diamond Dynasty taking over, I think it's time The Show goes the Madden route with play styles. Have Arcade, Simulation, and Competitive modes and tune them individually.

Simulation was an utter crock of **** with Madden 18 lol.

Pure BS

The Show 18 offline is the closest thing to a simulation console sports game I have ever played.

2K18 is damn close too.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-24-2018, 05:31 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Patches. The necessary evil of modern day video gaming.

A Work in Progress
Old 04-24-2018, 06:23 PM   #20
Rookie

Gameplay to me is fine this year for the most part. Pitch speed, PCI being random, and maybe fielding were the only problems I have seen. Some of these issues get classified as " DD only and DD is ruining the game". Gameplay is gameplay, and I do agree with bunts though. You can't even really bunt in this game this year, and I guess you can blame online players for that. Even with all that said you can't find a better game than the show. I think SDS needs to just go with how they feel for the most part because when you listen to everyone someone is bound to be unhappy. Also, from my understanding it's only been one gameplay patch?
Old 04-24-2018, 06:52 PM   #21
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm just seeing far too many situations where the fielder throws a lazy, rainbow ball or pats his glove in an entirely inappropriate scenario.

I just lost a game because the third baseman took a routine out that needed some urgency and decided he'd take a little step, pat his glove and then throw a high arcing ball at about 40 mph to the first baseman. Once that happens, the flood gates open and the cpu hits every pitch thrown and gets garbage (seemingly scripted) hits. Also seeing pitchers getting hit at least once or twice a game - a legacy issue which just seems to find it's way back into the game each and every year. I have seen a few balls hitting bases, but maybe just 2 or so, which I can live with.

Patches are both good and bad. Hopefully the rest of them are for the better this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2018, 08:16 PM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

For those who are seeing the "rainbow" throws and slow reaction to get the ball out of the glove, what throwing mechanic are you using?

I use Buttons with the meter and haven't seen any issues with my fielders not throwing with urgency when I "want/request" them to.

I'm wondering if rather than it being an animation issue, if it isn't somehow tied to the throwing mechanic feedback and the game registering the throw to be non-urgent/soft vs needing to throw quickly and with force?

Just a thought

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-24-2018, 08:44 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Simulation was an utter crock of **** with Madden 18 lol.

Pure BS

The Show 18 offline is the closest thing to a simulation console sports game I have ever played.

2K18 is damn close too.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
I agree but that's not the point at all. It's not about if it replicate the game well or not. It's the patches being tailored towards online gamers but affecting my offline play for the worse.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:49 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
For those who are seeing the "rainbow" throws and slow reaction to get the ball out of the glove, what throwing mechanic are you using?

I use Buttons with the meter and haven't seen any issues with my fielders not throwing with urgency when I "want/request" them to.

I'm wondering if rather than it being an animation issue, if it isn't somehow tied to the throwing mechanic feedback and the game registering the throw to be non-urgent/soft vs needing to throw quickly and with force?

Just a thought
I rented the game for three days and I had the issue happen to me a handful of times. 2 I remember distinctly from a shortstop. He fielded the ball and went through the entire animation, came to a standstill, then threw the ball. Of course everyone was safe by the time he released it. The 2nd time it happened at SS I gave up the winning run.

I was using button/accuracy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »