Home

MLB The Show 19 Wishlisht

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Wishlisht within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-05-2018, 09:19 AM   #241
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 19 Wishlisht

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I must say, the fact that you are validating your stance that what happened in your game is unrealistic by referencing John Smoltz's comment that Chris Sale's low and inside slider to Manny Machado was "unhittable" in Game 5 of the World Series is pure gold.
What you don't know is what I saw in the replay. A batter swinging that late on a pitch inside out of the strike zone should never hit it fair in the first place. I have seen CPU batters do that on other occasions. I'm just not that lucky. Next is hitting the pitcher. The chances of that happening, in my experience, is something like 10-1 in favor of CPU getting a great bounce to throw my player out.

I see unrealistic events in every single game I play. Why do I play? Show me the competition.

Now, don't go asking me about the unrealistic events, because if you haven't recognized them, there is no need to discuss it further. Truthfully, there is no need for you to even reply. I know you pretty well now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #242
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
What you don't know is what I saw in the replay. A batter swinging that late on a pitch inside out of the strike zone should never hit it fair in the first place. I have seen CPU batters do that on other occasions. I'm just not that lucky. Next is hitting the pitcher. The chances of that happening, in my experience, is something like 10-1 in favor of CPU getting a great bounce to throw my player out.

I see unrealistic events in every single game I play. Why do I play? Show me the competition.

Now, don't go asking me about the unrealistic events, because if you haven't recognized them, there is no need to discuss it further. Truthfully, there is no need for you to even reply. I know you pretty well now.
It has been stated/noted several times that replays are compressed and missing frames thus are not a 100% reproduction of what happened in "real time". So it may seem like the hitter hit the pitch "out of the catcher's mitt" but that's not exactly what happened during live gameplay.

As for why you play is because no competition...well I don't and will never understand that argument. Why buy a game that is going to frustrate you simply because it's the only game on the market?

And don't worry, I'm not going to ask you about any other unrealistic events.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-05-2018, 12:01 PM   #243
MVP

Quote:
It has been stated/noted several times that replays are compressed and missing frames thus are not a 100% reproduction of what happened in "real time". So it may seem like the hitter hit the pitch "out of the catcher's mitt" but that's not exactly what happened during live gameplay.

As for why you play is because no competition...well I don't and will never understand that argument. Why buy a game that is going to frustrate you simply because it's the only game on the market?

And don't worry, I'm not going to ask you about any other unrealistic events.
Well, he had to hit it that way because the pitch was way inside I wasn't throwing it to be a strike, I was throwing it out--OUT--of the strike zone way inside.

Hey, I am addicted to playing baseball--there is your answer. Of course, you couldn't possibly think of that. You know, like someone wants to play baseball and....

Now, don't you think this conversation is wasting space? I don't care what you think. Got that? I believe some people will defend this game above all else.

Like the other guy who first said pitch was outside and.... Then he realizes it was inside and so reverses the answer, no sorry/apology for the mistake.

Anyway, this conversation has gone on too long. Time to let others chime in with their wish list.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:13 PM   #244
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Well, he had to hit it that way because the pitch was way inside I wasn't throwing it to be a strike, I was throwing it out--OUT--of the strike zone way inside
And apparently it didn't get to the point where the hitter couldn't get the bat on it, because he did and kept the ball fair. You keep claiming the pitch was unhittable, which apparently it wasn't.

Quote:
Hey, I am addicted to playing baseball--there is your answer. Of course, you couldn't possibly think of that. You know, like someone wants to play baseball and....
I did, but that still doesn't answer the question as to why you would continue to play a game that frustrates you. I love playing baseball games as well, and when '17 wasn't up to my liking, I went back to playing '16. You know a game I enjoyed and didn't frustrate me.

Quote:
Now, don't you think this conversation is wasting space? I don't care what you think. Got that? I believe some people will defend this game above all else.
If you don't care what I think, then why did you choose to address a post I made that didn't involve you? I was responding to Caufield's post and you chose to jump in and argue with my post. For someone who doesn't care what I think, you sure seem to want to continue a discussion.

And who's defending anything? Again, I never responded to your initial post but yet you chose to try to respond to a post I made about my experience disagreeing with me and basically challenging my understanding of the game of baseball. You then proceeded to try and discredit my opinion of what happened by telling me that John Smoltz said this or that.

If you don't like/care for my opinion then stop responding and put me on ignore. But I'm not going to sit back and let you continue to talk towards me in the tone you have without responding, especially when I didn't initiate the conversation.

Last edited by countryboy; 11-05-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:17 PM   #245
MVP

Quote:
And apparently it didn't get to the point where the hitter couldn't get the bat on it, because he did and kept the ball fair. You keep claiming the pitch was unhittable, which apparently it wasn't.

I did, but that still doesn't answer the question as to why you would continue to play a game that frustrates you. I love playing baseball games as well, and when '17 wasn't up to my liking, I went back to playing '16. You know a game I enjoyed and didn't frustrate me.

If you don't care what I think, then why did you choose to address a post I made that didn't involve you? I was responding to Caufield's post and you chose to jump in and argue with my post. For someone who doesn't care what I think, you sure seem to want to continue a discussion.

And who's defending anything? Again, I never responded to your initial post but yet you chose to try to respond to a post I made about my experience disagreeing with me and basically challenging my understanding of the game of baseball. You then proceeded to try and discredit my opinion of what happened by telling me that John Smoltz said this or that.

If you don't like/care for my opinion then stop responding and put me on ignore.
Yes, you responded to him, but it concerned me.

I'll leave it at that because your explanations are exactly what i expect from you. I know you think this game is quite realistic. Enjoy!

Bye!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2018, 12:25 PM   #246
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Yes, you responded to him, but it concerned me.

I'll leave it at that because your explanations are exactly what i expect from you. I know you think this game is quite realistic. Enjoy!

Bye!
I do think its quite realistic and I am enjoying it.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:28 PM   #247
MVP

Quote:
I do think its quite realistic and I am enjoying it.

Good, I am happy for you.

Have a nice day!
Old 11-05-2018, 12:31 PM   #248
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

I really really hope they address managers in '19. Gets frustrating when you get deep into franchise (in terms of seasons) and so many coaches have the same appearance and are wearing jackets and you have no idea who they are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »