Home

MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream Schedule Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream Schedule Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Twitch Stream Schedule Revealed

Hate to say this, but anyone expecting any changes to Franchise other than the contract extensions will probably be disappointed. But honestly, why are we surprised that there isn't a stream dedicated to Franchise? Do you guys remember the Franchise Stream last year? It was literally an hour long, with the first 5 minutes about franchise improvements and the next 55 watching two developers play each other. No one remembers this? So I'm not surprised in the LEAST that they're removing that stream, it literally served no purpose and clearly Franchise is not getting any love anytime soon. Yes, we should reserve judgement but being as there's literally no stream for it, what stream are we exactly waiting for?
Old 02-05-2019, 02:11 PM   #90
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I think its an on-field reporter or someone in studio.

Maybe hoping is the better term to use.
This is my hope as well. Ken Rosenthal or Tom Verducci came to mind first.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 02-05-2019, 02:12 PM   #91
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Between the trailer and Twitch schedule, I'm thinking the new "Moments" mode could be playing out historical scenarios to earn rewards. In the trailer, we see Griffey in a Mariners uniform climbing the wall to rob a HR and "RELIVE HISTORY", Cutch and Gwynn in old team unis (ie, NOT DD), and Willie Mays' catch at the end. Then there's the screen with Babe Ruth that says, "Relive the career of Babe Ruth... Pitch in the World Series, break home run records, and cement Ruth's legacy."

Makes sense to me as a way to further leverage the rights for the former players, which from what I gather not being a DD player, are s very popular part of that mode. Plus it might appeal to those who appreciate baseball's history more than playing DD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2019, 02:17 PM   #92
Rookie

jeffzinn2004's Arena

OVR: 3

Only thing I'm really hoping for is improvment on commentary. The past few years have been very repetitive. I want team history brought up, past player accomplishments, I want the dialogue to stay more constant and not have so many lulls.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:18 PM   #93
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Really concerning that Franchise mode doesn’t even have its own stream this year. I geuss we can pretty much rule out the significant upgrades and overhaul some people were looking for. Contract extensions are a nice addition for sure but if that’s the biggest thing and only notable thing they’ve done with franchise that’s disappointing.

I really hope last year’s ‘phases’ thing wasn’t their idea of a year of focusing on Franchise. If so that time and resources was wasted and should’ve been spent elsewhere in Franchise in my opinion.

It’s a shame that it appears that 2K is the only one that cares about franchise anymore. NBA2K is not a perfect game but credit to them for continuing to improve franchise while EA and SDS sits back and does little to nothing with theirs. Just waiting for SDS to put ads everywhere inside the game for DD like EA does with MUT at this point.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #94
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm not going to jump to conclusions but it says franchise mode update. Not updates.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:25 PM   #95
Rookie

I don't understand the addition of season mode. Why couldn't they expand on franchise mode, making it even deeper, and just give the user the ability to choose if they want a fully immersive franchise mode, or turn all that off and essentially they have season mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2019, 02:26 PM   #96
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I'm not going to jump to conclusions but it says franchise mode update. Not updates.

I think you are safe to make that jump. With the backlash that the team has received with Franchise mode over the past few cycles, they would be highlighting a Franchise stream. Instead, they will be banking on the gameplay improvements streams to try to sell a better playing mode. The same stuff that has been broken/neglected will still be the same way in 2019. Not that a better playing mode will not help, but nobody should expect anything more than the contract negations. Just keep your expectations low.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »