Home

MLB The Show 19 Video - Road to October

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Video - Road to October within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2019, 10:04 AM   #33
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: GAMESTOP MONDAY: Road to October

Before reading/seeing any details, I just wanted to say thanks to the first handful of posters with the memes and gifs, I was cracking up. I'm with most/all of you on this one, this doesn't seem like a mode I'll ever click on even once.

At this point, I just pray the gameplay in '19 is super smooth. I've enjoyed (still playing '18 up to the release of '19, like I do every year with the previous year's release) '18 as far as gameplay. I can load my franchise, and with quick counts get an entire series in pretty quickly. However, it seems to me that even WITH quick counts, my daily gaming sessions of getting in a few series each day has turned into just a game or two. I love baseball, and I love the Show...but as a franchise-only guy, I can't lie this game is getting pretty stale.

I already have '19 pre-ordered. I know I'll play it throughout the Summer months and enjoy it. But, I definitely agree that this game is getting pretty stale for us franchise guys. The Show '20 will be the first one I don't pre-order in quite some time. If Franchise isn't overhauled for '20, I'll probably just stick with '19 and updated rosters. Isn't OSFM fading away into the distance after '19 anyways?
Old 03-04-2019, 10:06 AM   #34
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Ugh. I'm just giving up on any hope. If the sideline reporter is done as poorly at the post game reporter, how quickly can we hit X to get past that?
then telemetry will report we're skipping cutscenes and first thing we know we'll have less of those in MLB'20 and more DD features instead.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:12 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Anyone know who that female reporter was? I’m guessing she’s the * in Thursday stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Definitely Heidi Watney.

When I watch this and the "asteroids" type explosions I can't help think a hybrid of DD and retro mode. Unfortunately, it appears this is the future of MLB THE SHOW. I miss "the little things" stream...

Last edited by knich; 03-04-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2019, 10:14 AM   #36
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateDuke32
Before reading/seeing any details, I just wanted to say thanks to the first handful of posters with the memes and gifs, I was cracking up. I'm with most/all of you on this one, this doesn't seem like a mode I'll ever click on even once.

At this point, I just pray the gameplay in '19 is super smooth. I've enjoyed (still playing '18 up to the release of '19, like I do every year with the previous year's release) '18 as far as gameplay. I can load my franchise, and with quick counts get an entire series in pretty quickly. However, it seems to me that even WITH quick counts, my daily gaming sessions of getting in a few series each day has turned into just a game or two. I love baseball, and I love the Show...but as a franchise-only guy, I can't lie this game is getting pretty stale.

I already have '19 pre-ordered. I know I'll play it throughout the Summer months and enjoy it. But, I definitely agree that this game is getting pretty stale for us franchise guys.
Almost verbatim for me.

This last year is the first year I didn't make it thru the entire year. I get it, I get it, SDS is to make money, I get it. Grasp at straws to put something "new" on the cover is what it appears like to me. Moments and this one? I won't even give it a try. If the move is to drag in "new" customers to the game of baseball, not quite sure how these new modes do it, unless they're happy to just have the game bought for modes that are casual play (and shelving when it's not in use).

Yet another year of Matt, groan. Maybe he signed that ten year deal like Bryce. Now there would be something to slap a NEW on the cover, Matt gone.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 03-04-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:28 AM   #37
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
then telemetry will report we're skipping cutscenes and first thing we know we'll have less of those in MLB'20 and more DD features instead.

Haha, For every cutscene that gets skipped, DD gets a new feature.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:35 AM   #38
All Star

OVR: 2

Side note: oh man would I be psyched if a mode like this showed up in WWE2k lol. Here, not so much. And this mode I think Franchise players should be way more annoyed at than DD stuff. Because the guys who worked on this mode are probably the guys who would have worked on Franchise.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:40 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 5

So were given two new modes, Moments and March to October which basically involve playing mostly only in critical situations. However, for me I prefer playing full games rather than bits and pieces.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-04-2019, 10:43 AM   #40
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
So were given two new modes, Moments and March to October which basically involve playing mostly only in critical situations. However, for me I prefer playing full games rather than bits and pieces.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah, I'm with you there, never cared for critical situations. I just don't get the drama if I didn't get into that situation. Bases loaded, down by 3, 2 outs in the 9th is only exciting to me if I've built up that situation, I've worked the bases full, I've gotten myself into a huge situation. If you just plonk me down and say "this is a big moment we've stuck you in", it does nothing for me, there is no build up of excitement and suspense

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »