Home

MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-08-2019, 02:49 PM   #673
Rookie

Sweatmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

2019 Cardinals Legend alumni/ present day stars hybrid franchise

“The Story of a Dream” (begins)

Far in the distant future, dreams of time travel are no longer fiction. Humanity has not only solved the simplest aspects, but figured out how to break certain quantum rules by containing the changes in one separated reality outside of times normal flow. Allowing duplicate versions of the same people from different times in their lives to exist simultaneously. Also allowing buildings and structures from separate eras to be present at one time. ( yeah I know time travel leaves tons of plot gaps if analyzed too much lol. Just trust me, in this universe it happened ha) Humanity in desperate need of new entertainment decided to reach into its past to reinvent one of its all time favorite pastimes. The sport responsible for single handedly establishing world peace! That’s right BASEBALL!!! Only they decided they would do it better than ever, and invite the greatest players from throughout all history to play along side the last generation of baseballs great teams that unfortunately all perished in the “Great War”! (Gotta finish plugging some plot gaps, sorry lol). The winning players in the organization of each season, would spend the entire off season treated like kings in any reality of their choosing. Furthermore the representative city of that organization in the “original “ universe would be unknowingly spoiled with a special surprise voted on by the winners. The only stipulations necessary for this universe to exist is that the players brought, MUST be willing participants. This of course was no issue for those that knew they were days from perishing anyway. But not all invites from every team wanted to leave what they knew as home. This is the story of those that did, and the crazy adventure that would follow, told from the perspective of a single team (the Cardinals). Hope you all enjoy!

Next up* “Let the Spring begin

Hopefully that’s all for the sci-fi part of explaining lol
Old 05-08-2019, 04:22 PM   #674
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

After sweeping Baltimore, the Yankees continued their hot streak as they proceeded to win 8 of their next 10 games against the Rays, Orioles, and Royals. The only 2 losses of that stretch came against the Rays and Royals. We now have a comfortable lead in the AL East sitting at 36-17 with the second place Red Sox behind us by 9 games.

We made an early risky deal acquiring a struggling expensive Matt Kemp from the Cincinnati Reds for RP Nestor Cortes JR and (to make the money work) 2B Brandon Phillips. The Reds have promoted top prospect Nick Senzel to take his place. The Yankees will absorb the remainder of Kemp’s 13M salary for this season. If Kemp’s bat doesn’t come around this deal could prove costly as it doesn’t leave much financial wiggle room for further acquisitions.

This move may seem strange to some as we don’t exactly have a hole in the OF. For the time being, we will now be carrying 6 OF’s, though Kemp isn’t really a guy you ever want to see playing the OF. The majority of his playing time will likely come from the DH spot, and we’ll look to have his bat in the lineup as much as possible. He will immediately take over the #2 spot in the lineup behind lead off man LeMahieu, bumping Judge to #3. A lot of trust to put in a struggling player. This will push Judge or Frazier into CF on some days.

The other big news out of NY, is that we have officially parted ways with Ellsbury, announcing his release a day ago. After a poor start at AAA and what remains of his skills immediately starting to decline we decided to move on. We save a few million at max this year, next year is where it pays off big time. We now only owe him 8.1M next year instead of 21M. This could be the end for Ellsbury’s career.

Next up is a series at home against the 28-25 SD Padres. After that, Boston arrives for a 4 game set. The draft is in 9 days.

Stories From Around The League:

Monster Year In The Making For Anthony Rendon?
To say Rendon is going off this year would be an understatement. With almost 2 months complete, he owns a line of 367/482/733. 16 HR’s and 41 RBI’s. He also happens to be a FA at the end of the year. A lot of games left to go, but he may be setting himself up for a monster payday. Harper who?

Rays Crumble At Wrong Time.
After remaining hot on the Yankees heels, the Rays have fallen apart lately dropping 9 of their last 10. They have also lost 5 games to the Yankees this month. They now sit 10 games behind.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:28 PM   #675
Rookie

cubbies1744's Arena

This is my holy grail of how I keep track of everything in my franchise. I know it is a little old school, but can't go wrong with old school....... will be posting more about my franchise soon. 20190508_152403~2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Never let the pressure exceed the expectations!-Joe Maddon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 04:32 PM   #676
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

@rocket32 Just keep throwing out that evil empire cash! I say if you've got it, flaunt it! Kemp could be a really good pickup to take some of those DH at bats, and will definitely provide depth as you get closer to the playoffs.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:06 PM   #677
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #678
Rookie

Sweatmonkey's Arena

*BASEBALL HEAVEN*

FROM THE CARDINALS PERSPECTIVE

A 2019 DREAM-CHISE WITH ALL LEGENDS INCORPORATED INTO THEIR RESPECTIVE ORGANIZATIONS

Spring Brings Amazing New Life
( with major egos!)

After the news had been delivered to the entire existing MLB community of that historic 2019 season, about the “Impending Doom but Fantastic Opportunity”, there was great anticipation of this world ahead throughout Cardinal Nation! Particularly with what the new parent club might look like! Such a storied franchise was sure to bring some very special new teammates. But this excitement brought with it a very high level of uncertainty and anxiety for many as well. NOBODY could truly say their job was secure. Some relished in the idea of that competition, others feared having no role in this new world. Let’s just say “Morale” everywhere would never be the same haha! Regardless this is the new reality and ultimately it would be all about that which they know best! Baseball!

Just like every other Spring training, they would begin finding themselves in Jupiter Fla. piece by piece. First the Pitchers and Catchers of course. All the familiar starters were there. Carlos, Micholas, Wacha, Waino, Flaherty even a healthy ready to go Reyes! Just to mention a few. Same with the most recognizable bullpen and younger arms. But there was one very noticeable absence that everyone in the room was discussing with obvious concern! “YADI”!! Where’s our captain? Then someone heard the cracks of somebody already taking batting practice out on the field. They all smiled certain beyond doubt of the identity. As they rushed out it was obvious something was different about their long time teammate. Significantly less weight, less tattoos, an energy not seen in some time. This was not their YADI, he was the much younger in his prime version! And nobody else even had to make room. What an awesome turn of events!

Feeding him pitches was none other than #45, Gibson himself! Things are starting to get interesting! Further out, past the outfield, was this rather rough looking bearded guy stretching out wearing a forbidden #42 jersey! But that number was retired for somebody else in St Louis as well. Yes it was the one and only mister Bruce Sutter himself! It was starting to become obvious that Memphis would definitely have a improved pitching staff due to roster restrictions alone!

Gibby and Sutter both took on humble and quiet, yet absolutely confident leader roles with the rest of the staff and immediately made everyone better for it! Yadi left the other catchers jaw dropped when he started working on throw downs and pickoff moves.

All this on day 1! What a great summer this going to be!

*** Off storyline: I’m actually almost at the all star break in game, and once I catch-up I’ll start reporting events more as updates not story. Just trying to catch up while describing my universe as best as I can to those that might be interested!
Old 05-08-2019, 07:06 PM   #679
Just started!

LivesInCanadaEh's Arena

Bo Bichette sent down to the Bisons, Guerrero Jr remains with the Jays to start the regular season.

Jays win home opener in the 13th after a walk-off homerun by Brito. Guerrero Jr in his debut went 1 for 5 with a double. Stroman pitched 7 strong innings, allowing only one run and three hits. Jays end up winning three out of the four games to win the series against the Detroit Tigers.

Through the first 11 games, Toronto has a 7-4 record, tied for 2nd in the AL East with the Red Sox. Yankees are first with an 8-2 record.

Guerrero Jr. is off to a great start in his young career, with 3 homers and 10 RBI's in 11 games. Even though it's a small sample size, he is currently leading the AL rookie of the year race.

Meanwhile in Triple-A, Bo Bichette only has 3 hits in 16 at bats. There is strong consideration of sending him down to the Fisher Cats.

Next up on the schedule, a 2 game series against the Boston Red Sox, and former Blue Jay David Price is starting the first game.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:06 PM   #680
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

How much service time is the cut off for Rookie of the year award?

Jays franchise and Rowdy Tellez is one of the top hitters in the league. Third in homeruns and hitting over .300 yet he’s not even in top 3 for ROY award.

Looks to me like any player with any service time at all is removed from consideration.

Rowdy ‘s service time is 0.066 one month into my season.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »