Home

MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #681
Rookie

bjenks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 19 Franchise Discussion Thread

I ended up taking 2 out of 3 games from the Cubs with the third game being a close 2-1 defeat even after striking out 12 batters with Michael Wacha.

Funnily enough, I ended up facing Mike Fiers the next game and he threw a 4 hit CG Shutout against me. This was only a few hours before he threw his no hitter in real life, so I found that pretty interesting.

I'm about to play the second game of my two game set with the A's on Twitch if anyone else is interested in watching. You can follow me on Twitch to tag along most of my franchise games. Currently sitting lock in at 55-55 on the season.

www.twitch.tv/bjenks87

www.twitch.tv/bjenks

Also, if you're interested, follow me on Twitter!
My Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 07:13 PM   #682
Rookie

Sweatmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
How much service time is the cut off for Rookie of the year award?

Jays franchise and Rowdy Tellez is one of the top hitters in the league. Third in homeruns and hitting over .300 yet he’s not even in top 3 for ROY award.

Looks to me like any player with any service time at all is removed from consideration.

Rowdy ‘s service time is 0.066 one month into my season.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Lou Brock is in consideration in my league and I believe McCovey is leading at the moment. So that throws any service time logic out the window for me lol
Old 05-08-2019, 08:56 PM   #683
Pro

dansaint's Arena

OVR: 8

Despite Team Hotstart, Cards send down two struggling veterans to Memphis. Also send down Herrera.

In a somewhat shocking move by the Cards front office, the team has sent down 14 year veteran and 38 year old 3B Barrett Stephenson as well as 34 year old 1B, and 10 year veteran, Tristan Knox to Memphis. Stephenson, in 111 ABs this season, is slashing .225 avg/.269obp/.351slg/.620ops with 4 HRs and 9 RBS while striking out 22 times and walking 7. He has also been in a 0-14 slump. Stephenson is career .298/.382/.584/.966 with 515 career HRs and 1490RBI along with 2159 career hits.

Knox, who is slashing .239avg/.319obp/.333slg/.652ops with 2HRs and 11RBI's is in a 1-12 slump. Knox is a career .299/.382/.570/.951 with 432HRs, 1248RBI and 1895 career hits in his 10 years.

Although the team is 22-9 here on May 4th, the team is worried that Stephenson and Knox may need to get themselves right. With the two being sent down, the team has called up their top hitting prospect, 22 year old 1B Reid Killebrew, as well as 23 year old RF Roman Mitchell. Cards manager, Caleb Lyles, has said that 22 year 3B/1B/C Ryan Gale will get the majority of the reps at 3B but also may see Tino Santiago get some reps there as well.

Cards also sent down the struggling 23 year old Dominican right hand reliver Loren Herrera (3-1 5.91ERA, 1.13WHIP in 10.2IP) and have called up the young fireballing 22 year old reliever J.D. Hovermill. Hovermill will enter middle relief and they hope his overpowering fastball will give a spark to a bullpen that has been hit or miss so far this season.

All three call up will be in St. Louis prior to today's game vs Seattle and Killebrew will be in the starting lineup hitting 5th and playing 1B.

Last edited by dansaint; 05-08-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:28 AM   #684
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-09-2019, 01:44 AM   #685
Rookie

cubbies1744's Arena

Franchise overview:

First off I would like to thank any and everyone who takes the time to read about how my franchise is going. I really hope to keep it interesting along with some good storylines. Secondly I would like to say that after reading about everyone’s franchise and seeing the twist and turns you guys put into yours, has really encouraged me to start mine and sharing it with all of you. I will be doing weekly recaps of the games during that week as well as sharing any storylines that I create with the players. I will be playing every game as well as every pitch so it may take me a few to get a weeks worth of games in.

Roster:

I will be using the Full Minors 2019 roster that was created by the roster god himself Ridin and his amazing team.

Difficulty/ Interface:

Hitting: Hall of Fame (Directional)
Pitching: Hall of Fame (Meter)
Fielding: Auto (it really makes the attributes of the players show)

Slider Set:

For the third year in a row I’ll be using Mike Lowe’s Slider set. If you haven’t heard of it, you should really check them out. His set really gives you realistic stats when it comes to First Pitch Strike%, Balls: Strikes Ratio %, BABIP, Foul Ball %, and HRs per game/ per team. That is something that is big to me in the game and that’s getting as close to real life stats as I can.

Team I’ll Be Controlling:

None other then my favorite team of the last 26 years, The Chicago Cubs!

House Rules I Have:

• I play every pitch with not type of simulation
• GM contracts are on
• Ignore Budget is off (but I do try to stay below the tax threshold)
• Force trades are off (I hate making a trade that the CPU doesn’t agree with)
• I don’t use 30 team control (I like to let the franchise to tell it’s own story)

Well everyone that is my overview I really hope everyone enjoys and tunes in to a great franchise!!

Never let the pressure exceed the expectations!-Joe Maddon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2019, 01:52 AM   #686
Rookie

cubbies1744's Arena

Welcome to a Windy City Story: The 2019 Chicago Cubs Franchise

The State of the Cubs:

After two very heartbreaking playoffs back to back saw the cubs being eliminated. Theo knew it was time for a change and knew that he needed someone else at the head of thing right below him. It wasn’t that Jed Hoyer was doing a bad job, it was just that Theo needed someone with a fresh mind and eyes on what needed to be done. On January 1, 2019 Jed Hoyer was let go as Cubs general Manager, and the search for his successor was on. After countless interview, and over a dozen worthy candidates. Theo found one that stood out above them all. On January 26, 2019 Theo Epstein name Cody McBride as the new Chicago Cubs general manager.
McBride was anxious to take over this ball club and bring home another World Series title. During the press conference when asked what his plans were for the team he had this to say “I feel like this team has a strong core of positional players, but where this team lacks is pitching.” He was then asked what his plans were to solve the pitching issue. McBride responded with this “ honestly my plan is to retool the pitching and go out and acquire young talented arms that are MLB ready or extremely close.” He also went on to say “ we will be using all and any top prospects in our organization as well as current MLB players as trade bait to acquire what I feel like will be the right moves for this team.” In his closing statement he left reports with this “ if you make your team full of young high potential players and sprinkle in a few crafty veterans, that is the recipe for a World Series caliper team.”

Let the fire sale begin:

Things would start quick as McBride got right to work and calling around making deals to acquire young talent.

On 2/21:
The Cubs would acquire Edwin Diaz, Corey Oswalt by sending Brandon Morrow, Adbert Alzolay to the Mets.

This would be the first deal that McBride would start with, and many more would follow. 11 more to be exact, with some making sense and other making you wonder if Theo hired the right man for the job or not.

The Cubs would acquire the likes of:
• Chad Green
• Jordan Montgomery
• Mike Soroka
• Kolby Allard
• Johan Camargo
• Jose Berrios
• Marwin Gonzalez
• Seranthony Dominguez
• Lourdes Gurriel Jr
• Andrew Benintendi
• Max Fried
• Walker Buehler
• Caleb Ferguson
• Austin Barnes

The Cubs would send away the likes of :
• Jon Lester
• Pedro Strop
• Oscar De La Cruz
• Ian Happ
• Yu Darvish
• Addison Russell
• Kyle Hendricks
• Ben Zobrist
• Duane Underwood Jr.
• Cole Hamels
• Jose Quintana
• Brandon Kintzler
• Nico Hoerner
• Miguel Amaya
• David Bote
• Kyle Schwarber
• Tyler Chatwood
• Steve Cishek
• Dillon Maples
• Victor Caratini

What is the outlook for the Chicago Cubs:

What does the future hold for the Cubs beyond the 2019 season? That was one of several asked during the final press conference before the start of the season. McBride answered it with this “ just because we emptied the farm system doesn’t mean we are one year and done moving forward. I have hired the best scouts around to not only scout the players we traded for, but to ensure our draft picks this year and the years going forward are high quality picks. What everyone fails to realize is we now have 20 out the 25 man roster under team control for at least 4 years.” In his closing statements McBride had this to say “ I feel like we are setup now to repeat what the Yankees did in the late 90’s and that is a three peat, we have put the entire MLB on notice and will continue this dynasty!”

Never let the pressure exceed the expectations!-Joe Maddon
Old 05-09-2019, 08:52 AM   #687
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals drop 2 of 3 to Rangers. Trail Pirates by 4 1/2

The Cardinals dropped two of the 3 games against the Rangers in Globe Life Park in Arlington and now trail the first place Pirates by 4 1/2 games. Two issues are hampering the Cardinals right now, inconsistent starting pitching, and not being able to drive in runners in scoring position.

The starting pitching issue may cause the Cardinals to start scouring the market to try to find a solution. The Cardinals parted ways with Mike Leake earlier this year due to his struggles and now find themselves trying to get thru the rough starts of Alex Reyes and Carlos Martinez at the moment. Luke Weaver hasn't been dominant, Flaherty is starting to come around and Drew Harrington has really been the only "reliable" starter the past week or so, although he did lose yesterday's ball game. With Michael Wacha out until the later part of June, the Cardinals may be looking to find a starter to help them survive the next 3-4 weeks until Wacha returns.

As for hitting, Mike Matheny isn't too concerned as it just seems to be a cold snap the Cardinals have run into. They still lead the majors in runs scored per game, are 10th in the majors in batting average, and top 5 in slugging percentage. But still, there is one glaring issue and that is the 6th spot in the lineup. Tulo can't stay healthy and DeJong and Munoz just aren't getting the job done. The Cardinals could flip Pham from the 2 spot to the 6 spot and see what happens until Tulo returns in a week, which is most likely what is going to happen.

Patrick Wisdom and Juan Fabregas themselves are slumping, and Wisdom seems hellbent on hitting the ball out of the park every at-bat, which is an issue that has plagued him in the past. He does lead the majors with 22 homeruns, but his batting average his travelling south quickly. Fabregas seems to be more a victim of tough luck than anything. The last two games Fabregas is 0 for 7 with 5 of those outs coming on batted balls that were 95mph+ exit velocity that were hit right at someone.

The Cardinals get a much needed day off Thursday (played 17 straight days) and will travel to Pittsburgh for a weekend series. A sweep and the Cardinals are on the heels of the Pirates. Get swept and things could start to turn to the panic for the Cardinals.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-09-2019, 08:55 AM   #688
Rookie

Sweatmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbies1744
Welcome to a Windy City Story: The 2019 Chicago Cubs Franchise

The State of the Cubs:

After two very heartbreaking playoffs back to back saw the cubs being eliminated. Theo knew it was time for a change and knew that he needed someone else at the head of thing right below him. It wasn’t that Jed Hoyer was doing a bad job, it was just that Theo needed someone with a fresh mind and eyes on what needed to be done. On January 1, 2019 Jed Hoyer was let go as Cubs general Manager, and the search for his successor was on. After countless interview, and over a dozen worthy candidates. Theo found one that stood out above them all. On January 26, 2019 Theo Epstein name Cody McBride as the new Chicago Cubs general manager.
McBride was anxious to take over this ball club and bring home another World Series title. During the press conference when asked what his plans were for the team he had this to say “I feel like this team has a strong core of positional players, but where this team lacks is pitching.” He was then asked what his plans were to solve the pitching issue. McBride responded with this “ honestly my plan is to retool the pitching and go out and acquire young talented arms that are MLB ready or extremely close.” He also went on to say “ we will be using all and any top prospects in our organization as well as current MLB players as trade bait to acquire what I feel like will be the right moves for this team.” In his closing statement he left reports with this “ if you make your team full of young high potential players and sprinkle in a few crafty veterans, that is the recipe for a World Series caliper team.”

Let the fire sale begin:

Things would start quick as McBride got right to work and calling around making deals to acquire young talent.

On 2/21:
The Cubs would acquire Edwin Diaz, Corey Oswalt by sending Brandon Morrow, Adbert Alzolay to the Mets.

This would be the first deal that McBride would start with, and many more would follow. 11 more to be exact, with some making sense and other making you wonder if Theo hired the right man for the job or not.

The Cubs would acquire the likes of:
• Chad Green
• Jordan Montgomery
• Mike Soroka
• Kolby Allard
• Johan Camargo
• Jose Berrios
• Marwin Gonzalez
• Seranthony Dominguez
• Lourdes Gurriel Jr
• Andrew Benintendi
• Max Fried
• Walker Buehler
• Caleb Ferguson
• Austin Barnes

The Cubs would send away the likes of :
• Jon Lester
• Pedro Strop
• Oscar De La Cruz
• Ian Happ
• Yu Darvish
• Addison Russell
• Kyle Hendricks
• Ben Zobrist
• Duane Underwood Jr.
• Cole Hamels
• Jose Quintana
• Brandon Kintzler
• Nico Hoerner
• Miguel Amaya
• David Bote
• Kyle Schwarber
• Tyler Chatwood
• Steve Cishek
• Dillon Maples
• Victor Caratini

What is the outlook for the Chicago Cubs:

What does the future hold for the Cubs beyond the 2019 season? That was one of several asked during the final press conference before the start of the season. McBride answered it with this “ just because we emptied the farm system doesn’t mean we are one year and done moving forward. I have hired the best scouts around to not only scout the players we traded for, but to ensure our draft picks this year and the years going forward are high quality picks. What everyone fails to realize is we now have 20 out the 25 man roster under team control for at least 4 years.” In his closing statements McBride had this to say “ I feel like we are setup now to repeat what the Yankees did in the late 90’s and that is a three peat, we have put the entire MLB on notice and will continue this dynasty!”
Cody McBride must have an iron set of marbles hahaha! I can hear the media storm from here! Bold moves for sure!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »