Home

Official MLB The Show 19 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB The Show 19 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2019, 01:27 PM   #57
Pro

J_smith2190's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB The Show 19 Fantasy Draft Franchise Progress Thread

This team is super fun. I edited Cole tucker And Jason Martin to have the attributes in the latest roster update.

Casey mize is killing it in the minors, most likely gonna end up calling him up in August/September if he keeps doing this.

I believe I’m 13-10 right now, the bullpen has been a major issue (we’ve given up 15 runs 3 times so far). Brandon Kintzler and Grant Dayton have been the primary culprits, so they may not make it to next month on the big league club.

Michael Taylor And Brandon Nimmo are crushing the ball (7 & 6 HR)

Phillies Fantasy Franchise - Opening Day
Old 05-02-2019, 10:57 PM   #58
Rookie

MightyMaxxx13's Arena

OVR: 2

New York Yankees - Fantasy Draft Franchise

Dabbling in one of these for fun, haven’t played a fantasy draft chise in a while. This is a throwback Yankees franchise - classic uniforms and home games to be played at the Polo Grounds.

I had the first overall pick - not hard to tell who was selected.

NEW YORK YANKEES Depth Chart - 2019
  • Catcher
  • Manny Pina
  • Omar Narvaez
  • Caleb Joseph
  • Chris Herrmann
  • First Base
  • Carlos Santana
  • Pedro Alvarez
  • Second Base
  • Joey Wendle
  • Tyler Wade
  • Third Base
  • DJ LeMahieu
  • Troy Tulowitzki
  • Shortstop
  • Trea Turner
  • Lucius Fox
  • Left Field
  • Adam Duvall
  • Mike Tauchman
  • Center Field
  • Mike Trout
  • Dillon Thomas
  • Right Field
  • Mitch Haniger
  • Nick Martini
  • Starting Pitcher
  • Madison Bumgarner
  • Chris Archer
  • Jimmy Nelson
  • Carlos Rodon
  • Chris Bassitt
  • Dinelson Lamet
  • Relief Pitcher
  • Zack Britton
  • Josh Fields
  • Richard Rodriguez
  • Pedro Baez
  • Brad Brach
  • Jim Johnson
  • Closer
  • Chad Green
  • AJ Minter
  • Designated Hitter
  • Nick Markakis
  • Matt Davidson

We will NOT be playing conventional 2019 baseball. We are built around our home park and are not designsd to drive the ball over the fence. This is a high-contact, high on-base team that will drive the ball into the gaps and run you to death once we are on base. Our outfield defense is high speed and bazooka arm-strength, necessary to limit the damage in the Polo Ground power alleys. Our outfield defense is so good that Nick Markakis is projected to full-time DH. My only drawback is limited depth, though I have ample budget room to make a trade if necessary (I’ve made none so far).

The pitching staff is bullpen-heavy by design. We won’t use a traditional closer and instead will lean on matchups as we have multiple lefties and righties to choose from. I plan to roll with a 4-man rotation and 8-man bullpen, leaning heavily on Bumgarner, Archer, and Nelson to start whenever they are rested regardless of how many days that is. The 8th bullpen man will be a swingman/spot starter who will spell the front 4 during long road trips or eat innings in blowout games.

This team is built to win now and is ranked 1st in the league after the draft. I put minimal effort into drafting prospects so I will rely heavily on scouting and drafting to groom the farm system. It shouldn’t hurt me, as most of my team is under control for multiple years and I will likely sign Bumgarner to an extension before Spring Training ends.

Top 10 Prospects:

CF Leody Taveras (20/57/A)
RF Michael Hermosillo (24/61/B)
LF Billy McKinney (24/62/B)
SP Gabriel Moya (24/69/B)
SP David Peterson (22/64/B)
SP Jackson Kowar (22/63/B)
SP Seth Romero (22/62/B)
RP Zack Burdi (24/61/B)
SP Zack Brown (24/64/B)
SP Sean Hjelle (21/65/B)

This should be fun.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:21 PM   #59
Rookie

MightyMaxxx13's Arena

OVR: 2

I shipped RP Ian Kennedy to the Mets for RP Jake McGee and a ‘D’ outfielder (his name is lost on me at the moment). That was to clear future budget to sign Bumgarner to a 4-year extension, solidifying the top of my pitching staff and taking some pressure off the farm system. I also signed AJ Minter to a 1-year extension for just over $1M as he was unhappy with his minimum contract.

Im going to play Spring Training and let my roster shake out organically, but here is my early vision of the opening day roster:

Rotation:
L Bumgarner
R Archer
R Nelson
L Rodon

Bullpen:
R Green
L Minter
L Britton
R Rodriguez
R Fields
R Brach
L Moya
R Lamet

Starting Lineup
SS Turner
2B Wendle
CF Trout
RF Haniger
DH Markakis
1B Santana
3B LeMahieu
C Pina
LF Duvall

Bench
C Narvaez
IF Tulowitzki
OF OPEN
UT OPEN

Like I mentioned, we have a very balanced lineup. Trout will hit his share of home runs, but this is mostly a doubles-hitting team that is going to be on base often and put pressure on defenses. Turner, Trout, and (to a lesser extent) Wendle will be green-lighted to steal bases as much as possible.

May look to make a trade to fill the 4th outfield spot, unless one of my youngsters in camp surprises me. Markakis is DH’ing though his glove is solid enough that he’ll play 2-3x a week to give the other guys a break. I’m thinking a speedy glove-first player will do the trick, and serve mostly as a late-inning sub to keep my starters fresh.

Final bench spot will be decided between Matt Davidson, Pedro Alvarez, and Tyler Wade. All 3 very different players so whichever makes the team will dramatically alter our strategy once the games start.

Last edited by MightyMaxxx13; 05-03-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:42 PM   #60
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

CHICAGO (OS) -- Anthony Rizzo helped turn an amazing double play Friday afternoon in the Cubs 2-1 win over the St. Louis Cardinals, but suffered would could possibly be a season-ending injury in the process. After a diving stop and a throw to second to start a 3-6-1 double play, the Cubs slugger was in noticeable pain, grabbing his right ankle.

Skipper Joe Maddon and the rest of the Cubs were hoping for some good news following and MRI but the initial diagnosis is that of a dislocated ankle. An injury that could easily sideline the three-time All-Star for most, if not all of 2019.

"You never want to see anyone go down," said friend and teammate Kris Bryant. "It's especially hard when it happens to a guy that's kind of the heart and soul of the team." Rizzo, 29, said that he felt a pop after making the diving grab but was still able to make the throw to shortstop.

For Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein, the question will certainly be what to do to fill the void left be Rizzo's injury. A call has already been made to long-time journeyman Taylor Davis, who will join the team tomorrow, but Epstein and the Cubs know that a long-term solution needs to be found, and relatively quickly.

The Cubs 15-15 record currently has them in a tie for first place with the Milwaukee Brewers (17-17) in the NL Central division. But Epstein knows that the division is talented and will require some offensive production at first base is the Cubs hope to make the playoffs for the fourth consecutive year in 2019.

"We're going to look at all options," stated Epstein. "You always have to look at what's best for the team now and into the future. We like what we've done the last couple years through the draft and we know we'll have some decisions to make moving forward. The main thing is, we can't panic. Things like this, unfortunately happen and we feel like we've built a team that can withstand injuries."

Rizzo, who is in his eighth season with the Chicago Cubs had played in no fewer than 140 games since 2013. And while the usually-durable slugger is disappointed that he'll be sidelined for some time, he's optimistic about the team and his eventual return.

"You look at our team top to bottom and I think we're as talented as any club out there," said Rizzo. "I think back to 2016, the year we won the World Series. Kyle [Schwarber] went down within the first week of the season and missed the entire year, but came back in the World Series and made a difference. That gives me a lot of confidence. I've battled enough adversity in my life and I can battle through this."

In 2008 Rizzo was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma and underwent six months of chemotherapy. And after battling back from cancer, it's obvious that an injury won't keep the Cubs star from coming back.

In regards to at least a temporary replacement, there are rumors circulating just a day after the injury that the Cubs could pursue Kansas City Royals first baseman, Lucas Duda. The left-handed power hitting Duda is in the final year of his contract and would replace at least some of the power that will certainly be lost with the injury to Rizzo.

On a bright note for the Cubs, infielder Addison Russell made his debut with Triple-A Iowa Friday afternoon and went 3-for-4 with a pair of runs batted in. Russell, who was suspended at the end of last season for violating the league's domestic abuse policy is expected to spend some time at second base in Iowa, and if all goes well could find himself back with the Cubs sooner rather than later.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-03-2019, 08:06 PM   #61
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Meant to post this in the main franchise thread. Oops.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 02:40 PM   #62
Rookie

So I've decided I am going to restart my fantasy Franchise because just felt like I had cheated or something. So how I'm doing my 30 man fantasy draft this go around is that I put the best 30 RP as CP. For all the teams besides mine I'm using the recommended button and choosing the top player at that position. I'm going to balance out the CPU 90 man roster but making sure they have a good amount at each position and not just like 11 catcher's and 3 shortstops for example. As for how I will choose my team, I can pick from any position but I can only choose a player that has or is tied for the highest overall in that position. So for example if there is two 90 overall 2B I can choose either one. That way so I'm not just getting all the good players for my team and my team will be different than what I would do if I just choose my team without the restrictions. I feel like I'm going to get a very different team than how I'm envisioning but should be interesting.

Let me know how you guys decided to do your fantasy draft if you're using 30 team control and even if you're not.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:01 AM   #63
Rookie

So I've finally started the redraft of my 30 Team Control Fantasy Draft. I've done the first 30 rounds so far and will do some more later. But overall I'm really loving my team. I have the 11th overall pick which I'm really happy about i don't like being in the top 10 to much pressure lol

So just a reminder I'm using the recommended pick button for all the other 29 teams and choosing the top overall player at that position for them. As for my own team I can choose any position but it has to be a player that either has the top or is tied for the top overall for that position. So without further ado the first 10 overall picks of the 2019 draft are as follows in order.

KC: MIKE TROUT 99 CF
MIN: NOLAN ARENADO 98 3B
NYY: GIANCARLO STANTON 93 LF
CLE: MOOKIE BETTS 97 RF
TOR: CHRIS SALE 98 SP
CHW: AARON JUDGE 93 RF
TB: FRANCISCO LINDOR 90 SS
MIA: MANNY MACHADO 93 3B
SD: MAX SCHERZER 97 SP
LAA: JOSE RAMIREZ 93 3B

As for my first ten picks in order were:
JOSE ALTUVE 95 2B
PAUL GOLDSCHMIDT 91 1B
LUIS SEVERINO 86 SP
JOSH DONALDSON 87 3B
GARY SANCHEZ 83 C
CRAIG KIMBREL 85 CP
YOENIS CESPEDES 82 RF
JED LOWRIE 78 SS
ZACK BRITTON 83 RP
ADAM OTTAVINO 85 CP

I went hitter heavy in the first 10 rounds but mainly because of who was still left on the board, Like I felt like I had to take them(Plus they were players I really like). My starting pitching is going to be on the weaker side but I'll have a great bullpen a la Royals when they went to the World Series.

Well let me know what you guys think of my 10 picks and the top 10 picks overall in the first round. I will update again after I have finished drafting all 90 rounds (wish me luck, its taking forever lol)
Old 05-11-2019, 08:27 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone interested in working together on a 30-team control fantasy draft list? Like a ranking order for players taking everything into account like age, potential, contract, etc.

I find it necessary to do 30-team control and try to draft the best possible player at every pick for every team until I usually get every position, maybe 3 backups, 5 starters, a left handed reliever, and a half a bullpen done. I'll spend multiple hours doing this and either end up feeling like my team is too good or my team isn't good enough.

Would like to work with other people to do like a ranking for maybe the first 3 rounds then do best player available at each position or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »