Home

MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread

This is a discussion on MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 09:05 AM   #89
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread

I won't get to fully investigate each park until next week. I did play for a little bit yesterday though. After the most recent patch, I'm still having the same framerate problems at the parks that I was before. This sucks! It's crazy to me that '18 could run super smooth for me, and I'm having some big time issues with '19.

For those of you not having framerate problems, I am so jealous haha. This game appears to play great, but this framerate issue is killing this game for me, just like it did with '16. Bummer
Old 03-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #90
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

I have a PS4 Pro. Digital verision. I haven't noticed any drops while the ball is in play. The only really noticeable drop I've seen is on the pitching meter. There is definitely a drop and stutter in it.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:35 AM   #91
MVP

OVR: 0

I hate that this game was released like this, in Yankee stadium dynamic cam any fly ball to the outfield is a stutering mess. the patch seemed like I did something but not enough to make this a jarring experience playing.

The faster mode is 1080p and looks terrible, has ZERO antialasing and there is jaggies all around the edges of players and the pitch meter is fuzzy as hell. But worst of all it still has stutters.

What is going on here? Last year the game had no issues in balanced mode and was super smooth in fast mode.

I cannot believe the love of this game has made people claim is not a big deal and very playable. I wish they had that level of thinking for all games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2019, 10:28 AM   #92
Rookie

smokines3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrishbwudd
While playing the preloaded matchup and the stutter was absolutely terrible. Just finished played a full game after the complete download/patch and it's exponentially better, so I'm hoping that holds true for most of everyone else.

Game is amazing.
This was my exact experience. I was quite worried...

However, the smoothness and polish, with the new animations added in. Feels and plays fantastic.
I also rebuilt my database (which I'm sure doesn't matter).
I'm on Pro/Balanced FYI.

Last edited by smokines3; 03-28-2019 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Info
Old 03-28-2019, 02:19 PM   #93
Pro

IHateDuke32's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokines3
This was my exact experience. I was quite worried...

However, the smoothness and polish, with the new animations added in. Feels and plays fantastic.
I also rebuilt my database (which I'm sure doesn't matter).
I'm on Pro/Balanced FYI.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of TV are you playing on? I'm playing on a Pro and a beast 4K TV and I'm having a terrible time in certain parks, even in fast mode. I bought my TV not too long ago, and spend a good amount of $ on it. I'm seriously considering trying another TV to get '19 running smoothly for me.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 6

I doubt the TV matters as long as it's 4k. I'm thinking it probably has to do with:
1. Stadium
2. Time of day
3. View used (I wonder if there is a difference between a zoomed in strike zone batting view compared to a zoomed out wide angle which shows more crowd and sky)
4. Pro vs original (I tend to see more complaints from Pro users)

I don't have the game yet (waiting to hear more about framerate and the carry over save contracts situation), but it seems more like it's a processing issue with too much graphical demand in certain situations; would explain why some people are experiencing issues to different degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-28-2019, 03:05 PM   #95
Rookie

I have a Samsung NU8000 and I am having the same issue everyone else is having. I have my PS4 pro set in 2160p-RGB and the RGB range set to full on the PS4 setting with HDR off. I’m wondering if anyone else who has this tv if the RGB set to full instead of automatic could cause framrate problems?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2019, 03:34 PM   #96
Rookie

sniper31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateDuke32
I won't get to fully investigate each park until next week. I did play for a little bit yesterday though. After the most recent patch, I'm still having the same framerate problems at the parks that I was before. This sucks! It's crazy to me that '18 could run super smooth for me, and I'm having some big time issues with '19.

For those of you not having framerate problems, I am so jealous haha. This game appears to play great, but this framerate issue is killing this game for me, just like it did with '16. Bummer
IHateDuke32, I really feel for you man. You are one of the few I have seen just not complaining about the stutters, but you are actually trying to figure it out. Kudos to you, man, for not just crying but trying to fix the issue(s) at hand.

I am really at a loss as to why some of you all are having the issues you are having. I simply have had nothing but great performance and play, and I have tried the reported problem stadiums, different times of day, etc. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why you are having such issues. I mean, a PS4 Pro is a PS4 Pro, right? Mine is not even a newer model PS4 Pro, got it pretty soon after they started releasing them. The only thing that I am using that is a little different than most folks that have posted about stutters etc. is that I have my PS4 Pro connected to an LG 4k PC gaming monitor (32"). It has HDR, but on my screen, the colors look much better without HDR on. However, I run at 4k in Sharper mode and am simply not experiencing the problems that you and some of the others are having. I really wish we (the OS community, SDS, someone) could figure out why some folks are having such problems. I hope you guys get it sorted soon, because The Show 19 is proving to be a great baseball video game for me, and I have played The Show since '12 at least. If there is anything I can do to try and help , let me know. Not sure what, but I just want you and others to be able to enjoy '19 like some of us others are.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »