Home

MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread

This is a discussion on MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 10:02 AM   #401
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Video, please.
I'm getting there soon on my framerate test tour. Before that I'll be getting Guaranteed Rate Field and Progressive Field.

By the way, anyone else notice that "stutters" has been misspelled in the thread title this entire time? First there were frame skips, and now there are letter skips??
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 04-14-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2019, 10:16 AM   #402
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm getting there soon on my framerate test tour. Before that I'll be getting Guaranteed Rate Field and Progressive Field.
)
This was addressed toward xxGamerxx. I’ve watched a lot of videos on YouTube, explored other boards and I’m just not seeing an “unplayable” issue or out cry. SDS isn’t going to “fix” an “unplayable”, “gross” game when it seems to be anything but, coupled with the fact a “fix” might not be necessary. Just sayin.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #403
Rookie

FrodoUK's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm tempted to buy it just to see what all the drama is about

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2019, 10:22 AM   #404
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

Quote:
This was addressed toward xxGamerxx. I’ve watched a lot of videos on YouTube, explored other boards and I’m just not seeing an “unplayable” issue or out cry. SDS isn’t going to “fix” an “unplayable”, “gross” game when it seems to be anything but, coupled with the fact a “fix” might not be necessary. Just sayin.

Unplayable is not the right word. But, when playing on higher pitch speeds, and difficulty it certainly is a less enjoyable experience than in years past. Tracking pitches is so hard with ball seemingly skipping as it comes to the plate. This is legend level batting, with pitch speeds of 8/8.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Earl Weaver
Old 04-14-2019, 10:23 AM   #405
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoUK
I'm tempted to buy it just to see what all the drama is about

This isn’t necessary, nor does it drive this conversation forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Earl Weaver
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2019, 10:26 AM   #406
Rookie

FrodoUK's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxtercherry
This isn’t necessary, nor does it drive this conversation forward.

Why doesn't it? I don't own it currently but if I do buy it I'll be able to add to the list of people noticing the issue and hopefully this will make the development team notice.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:32 AM   #407
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoUK
Why doesn't it? I don't own it currently but if I do buy it I'll be able to add to the list of people noticing the issue and hopefully this will make the development team notice.

Implying this is all “drama” doesn’t exactly come across as a sincere effort to help prove/disprove the issue at hand. However, if that was your intent, then I misinterpreted it. Welcome aboard.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:35 AM   #408
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
No one here has ever said "unplayable." This game's framerate is very playable, even in Sharper mode.

But when Faster mode has an expectation of 60 FPS especially after the last two years of being treated with a good version of that in the pitcher-batter scenario, it does get pretty bothersome in certain parks.

And why does one posting a video over another make the difference? Whatever I post will be what he experiences.

You have to remember that there is an objective aspect here, and a subjective aspect. Objectively, the game duplicates frames and also increases the frame separation to compensate for those duplicates, all depending on the stadium that you are in. Basically, there is a framerate loss, and it's a little hitchy. Subjectively, it affects some people more than it does others. I don't think anyone has rendered it "unplayable," though.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »