Home

MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread

This is a discussion on MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 10:37 AM   #409
Rookie

FrodoUK's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB '19 Framerate drops/sutters help and discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxtercherry
Implying this is all “drama” doesn’t exactly come across as a sincere effort to help prove/disprove the issue at hand. However, if that was your intent, then I misinterpreted it. Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Drama is just an English term ..not meant in the way you read it. Apologies.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2019, 10:46 AM   #410
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
No one here has ever said "unplayable." This game's framerate is very playable, even in Sharper mode.

And why does one posting a video over another make the difference? Whatever I post will be what he experiences.

I don't think anyone has rendered it "unplayable," though.
Blzer I'm not going to scroll back thru the posts, but it certainly has been said that the game is unplayable in this state. What difference? If videos had been posted in the beginning this would be an "objective" thread, but instead it's been said that people just don't want to see it, are incapable of seeing it, or are shills of SDS and buy a broken game. All of these subjective and not helping one bit.

If there are a TON of gamers NOT seeing the issue, and there are you gotta wonder why people are scratching their heads. It's even been said how quite other boards are about this, it would have helped the cause a lot by posting videos showing this, not having to wait for you personally to analyze it. It would have been simple.

Anyway, dead horse being beat.
Anyway, I'm out of this, not even going to try following it anymore.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:59 AM   #411
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Blzer I'm not going to scroll back thru the posts, but it certainly has been said that the game is unplayable in this state. What difference? If videos had been posted in the beginning this would be an "objective" thread, but instead it's been said that people just don't want to see it, are incapable of seeing it, or are shills of SDS and buy a broken game. All of these subjective and not helping one bit.

If there are a TON of gamers NOT seeing the issue, and there are you gotta wonder why people are scratching their heads. It's even been said how quite other boards are about this, it would have helped the cause a lot by posting videos showing this, not having to wait for you personally to analyze it. It would have been simple.

Anyway, dead horse being beat.

Anyway, I'm out of this, not even going to try following it anymore.

Not sure what you are trying to do here, really. What is your end game? Tell us how minimal our issue is, how no one else is talking about it, and how you yourself don’t seem to care about said issue? Well, congratulations to you. You can go about your day feeling so accomplished for nitpicking, and belittling this thread like you repeatedly do.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Earl Weaver
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2019, 11:05 AM   #412
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Not sure what you are trying to do here, really. What is your end game? Tell us how minimal our issue is, how no one else is talking about it, and how you yourself don’t seem to care about said issue? Well, congratulations to you. You can go about your day feeling so accomplished for nitpicking, and belittling this thread like you repeatedly do.
Now there’s a subjective post. What’s your game? Show me where I’ve repeatedly “belittled” this thread. If people are sayin SDS just doesn’t care, it would have helped to post videos from the get go......no? Now that would have been objective.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 04-14-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:12 AM   #413
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

Quote:
Now there’s a subjective post. What’s your game? Show me where I’ve repeatedly “belittled” this thread. If people are sayin SDS just doesn’t care, it would have helped to post videos from the get go......no? Now that would have been objective.

What is stopping you from taking your own advice and posting a video of what you’re not seeing? Clearly testimonials are not good enough for you. Your last post was literally a textbook example of belittling. In no order you told the people in this thread that they use the the wrong words to complain, don’t show YOU the proper proof, and that they/us are concerned about an issue that not many others are speaking of. I’m not seeing how you are driving the conversation forward no matter what your stance is, actually. Why are you even in this thread if you can’t visualize what we are describing? Does this make you feel better?
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Earl Weaver
Old 04-14-2019, 11:19 AM   #414
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
What is stopping you from taking your own advice and posting a video of what you’re not seeing? Clearly testimonials are not good enough for you. Your last post was literally a textbook example of belittling. In no order you told the people in this thread that they use the the wrong words to complain, don’t show YOU the proper proof, and that they/us are concerned about an issue that not many others are speaking of. I’m not seeing how you are driving the conversation forward no matter what your stance is, actually. Why are you even in this thread if you can’t visualize what we are describing? Does this make you feel better?
Just look at all the you tube videos.

So, in your sarcastic bravery sitting at your keyboard you don’t think videos would have helped the cause? And actually I’m having a pretty good day, lol.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:27 AM   #415
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
Guys go play a regular game in Coors Field June normal weather at 7pm and it starts with shadows and sun light early in the game and the FPS is soooo bad

Test it

PS4 PRo balanced mode
The first game I played was at Minute Maid Park and the second I played was at Coors on the Samsung. The game was so brutal that about every 4th pitch I couldn’t stop the pitch meter nearly at all. And batting was atrocious as well. It was nearly unplayable (I’ll say it).

I’ve played at both of those parks and several others since moving on the 2010 Vizio that only does 1080 and I’ve noticed no issues with slowdowns or dropped framerates to the extent that would hinder my abilities to perform during game play moments.

This game hardly runs at 60fps even on the best settings optimized for framerate. I’ve been playing it for years and can spot the parts where it chugs and struggles. But 2019 was a mess at launch for me. It will be about a month before I have my tv shipped and I’m setup again and can test things out more, but this has been night and day for me. You cannot say it’s placebo or that I’m used to anything, or that I’m a fan boy etc.

And my point with all of this continues to be that it’s not the hdmi, it’s not the console, AND IT’S NOT THE FRAMERATE that is causing this visual latency. There’s something in the setup making certain TVs displays appear to show dropped or duplicated frames when perhaps it’s some antialiasing or smoothing bs going on under the hood. And that older tvs that are not capable of such things are not having that issue.

But again, while I’m admitting that I don’t know what exactly is going on but am willing to document and describe the discrepancy I’ve experienced, the majority just want to take a hard stand one way or another and argue for argument’s sake apparently.

So I’ll gladly go about my way, on my own here, and continue playing with whatever experiences come my way. I’ll be on another tv in a week as we change venues again, so who knows what will happen? But there is nothing being accomplished in here so I’ll check out and leave you all to your own devices.

Good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2019, 11:27 AM   #416
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

Quote:
Just look at all the you tube videos.

So, in your sarcastic bravery sitting at your keyboard you don’t think videos would have helped the cause? And actually I’m having a pretty good day, lol.

“Sarcastic bravery” hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha. My guy, I am simply calling out your incredibly pompous stance towards this thread. Your demand for videos as if you are the judge, and this is your courtroom is quite amusing. I see how you interact with other people on this site, and it is so on brand for you. Please leave this thread like you promised us all you would.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »