Home

fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd

This is a discussion on fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 08:57 PM   #73
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You made a comment that none of this happens to the cpu. I made a comment that I’ve seen the video posted most recently happen to computer and now you are telling me we aren’t talking about that video nor the cpu. You said you see it all the time after saying it doesn’t happen

You’re definitely confused. You don’t know which side of your mouth you’re talking out of

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Come on CB, you know exactly what i am talking about in saying the issue in question is a manual fielding issue and not a CPU issue. Stop twisting things around. You, like you are always prone to do, say you don't like arguing, yet enjoy finding things to argue about. Or at least prodding people into an argument, and then trying to play the good guy.

If someone sees an issue in the game, you are usually one the first to chime in and say "no problems here." Even if it is well-known issue. As if it magically doesn't affect you. It is as predictable as the morning, but much more unpleasant.

You, despite your long 'tenure' on here, are very well-known on here for being abrasive. And arguing that the issues that many people experience, are either non-existent, not important, their fault, and that they never, ever happen to you. For those that don't know, this is a very common theme with you. Many people have pointed it out. Multiple times. This thread is no different.

You made an absolute fool of yourself for this same thing, in different threads last year. (Remember the rocket-bunts thread...? Jeez Louise.) Not to mention many other threads with similar themes.. My Private Inbox was almost completely full from many still-current members on here who were beyond tired of it. (Some of them would surprise you...because they sure talk good to you in the threads, sometimes even took your side... but not in those PM's. I never understood that... But to each his own...) Then you apologized to me personally and to the community and said you realized you were being an *******. (So we know you are already aware it has been an issue). You said you were changing. And you did for a bit. But before long the abrasiveness was back. And so I quietly left for 8 months. As did several others that i know of. I would have preferred to avoid you since i came back but that's almost impossible on a common board unfortunately. But I've seen this same theme with you doing this over and over to people while i was lurking. Some things never change. Apologies mean nothing if you continue doing the same thing.

Sorry for the rant, but all of this causes people who know you to not value what you say about the game. Your reputation is unfortunately much poorer than you think, despite you purchasing a blue name. But, you've been told this before. Maybe a leopard really can't change his spots. I don't know. But i can pretty much predict your response...'I dont give a ----- what you or anyone else on here thinks about me! That's on them'. We've seen you say it before, or close to it... But you clearly cared last year when you had a moment where you stepped back and saw yourself as others see you, and apologized.

Alright.......Switching gears now -- and back on the actual topic i meant to write about...very sorry guys....

I have always been a manual fielding guy, and never thought i would like it any other way. No way would i play any different. I love playing the field. But on my newest franchise, (because of the outfielder issues affecting statistics more than i would like) I decided to give auto-fielding a try. From someone who loved fielding, let me tell you, i surprisingly love auto fielding!

Player ratings mean so much more, and my third baseman and CF amaze me in the balls they get to. Balls I probably never could get to before. Not to mention the many new animations i never saw before on my team. It's like seeing the real players play. And the tension of seeing a guy trying to get to a ball, and me yelling "Get there! Get there!" is amazing. Especially when they make a diving catch to save 2 runs. It actually brings a whole new element of excitement to the game.

You still make the throws and everything. So all of the decisions are still there. But if anyone is looking for something new and exciting, and tired of the same old manual fielding problems, give auto fielding a try for a week or so. I started out "trying it" and haven't missed manual one bit! It seems and looks much more realistic too.

At least give it a shot, even if you, like me, thought it would take away from playing the game!
Old 04-17-2019, 09:06 PM   #74
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
Come on CB, you know exactly what i am talking about in saying the issue in question is a manual fielding issue and not a CPU issue. Stop twisting things around. You, like you are always prone to do, say you don't like arguing, yet enjoy finding things to argue about. Or at least prodding people into an argument, and then trying to play the good guy.

If someone sees an issue in the game, you are usually one the first to chime in and say "no problems here." Even if it is well-known issue. As if it magically doesn't affect you. It is as predictable as the morning, but much more unpleasant.

You, despite your long 'tenure' on here, are very well-known on here for being abrasive. And arguing that the issues that many people experience, are either non-existent, not important, their fault, and that they never, ever happen to you. For those that don't know, this is a very common theme with you. Many people have pointed it out. Multiple times. This thread is no different.

You made an absolute fool of yourself for this same thing, in different threads last year. (Remember the rocket-bunts thread...? Jeez Louise.) Not to mention many other threads with similar themes.. My Private Inbox was almost completely full from many still-current members on here who were beyond tired of it. (Some of them would surprise you...because they sure talk good to you in the threads, sometimes even took your side... but not in those PM's. I never understood that... But to each his own...) Then you apologized to me personally and to the community and said you realized you were being an *******. (So we know you are already aware it has been an issue). You said you were changing. And you did for a bit. But before long the abrasiveness was back. And so I quietly left for 8 months. As did several others that i know of. I would have preferred to avoid you since i came back but that's almost impossible on a common board unfortunately. But I've seen this same theme with you doing this over and over to people while i was lurking. Some things never change. Apologies mean nothing if you continue doing the same thing.

Sorry for the rant, but all of this causes people who know you to not value what you say about the game. Your reputation is unfortunately much poorer than you think, despite you purchasing a blue name. But, you've been told this before. Maybe a leopard really can't change his spots. I don't know. But i can pretty much predict your response...'I dont give a ----- what you or anyone else on here thinks about me! That's on them'. We've seen you say it before, or close to it... But you clearly cared last year when you had a moment where you stepped back and saw yourself as others see you, and apologized.

Alright.......Switching gears now -- and back on the actual topic i meant to write about...very sorry guys....

I have always been a manual fielding guy, and never thought i would like it any other way. No way would i play any different. I love playing the field. But on my newest franchise, (because of the outfielder issues affecting statistics more than i would like) I decided to give auto-fielding a try. From someone who loved fielding, let me tell you, i surprisingly love auto fielding!

Player ratings mean so much more, and my third baseman and CF amaze me in the balls they get to. Balls I probably never could get to before. Not to mention the many new animations i never saw before on my team. It's like seeing the real players play. And the tension of seeing a guy trying to get to a ball, and me yelling "Get there! Get there!" is amazing. Especially when they make a diving catch to save 2 runs. It actually brings a whole new element of excitement to the game.

You still make the throws and everything. So all of the decisions are still there. But if anyone is looking for something new and exciting, and tired of the same old manual fielding problems, give auto fielding a try for a week or so. I started out "trying it" and haven't missed manual one bit! It seems and looks much more realistic too.

At least give it a shot, even if you, like me, thought it would take away from playing the game!
Nice speech

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-17-2019, 09:57 PM   #75

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Closing since we've long since moved on from the original point of the original post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »