Home

fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd

This is a discussion on fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 02:19 PM   #1
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

OVR: 0
fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd

I know I'm not the only one, but there's no valid reason to have any outfielder rated under 70 act like complete idiots in the outfield. Also, it doesn't matter who you put out there, a major league ballplayer KNOWS HOW TO PUT THEIR GLOVE UP WHEN A BALL IS HIT RIGHT TO THEM!!! Jesus, this crap has been going on for years and it's just getting worse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd

What is with the letter casing in your thread title? Are you picking at the developers' claim on fielding? You can do that with quotation marks lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
I know I'm not the only one, but there's no valid reason to have any outfielder rated under 70 act like complete idiots in the outfield. Also, it doesn't matter who you put out there, a major league ballplayer KNOWS HOW TO PUT THEIR GLOVE UP WHEN A BALL IS HIT RIGHT TO THEM!!! Jesus, this crap has been going on for years and it's just getting worse.
It's because the developers are trying to eliminate exploits in Diamond Dynasty play.

Some things are just harder to recreate in real life, like as to explain why it wouldn't make sense to play Justin Bour in center field or a pitcher behind the plate. This is their current remedy.

It may not be fair, but it kind of gets you to play the game straight and not make a mockery of the sport or insult these players' profession.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #3
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What is with the letter casing in your thread title? Are you picking at the developers' claim on fielding? You can do that with quotation marks lol.

It's because the developers are trying to eliminate exploits in Diamond Dynasty play.

Some things are just harder to recreate in real life, like as to explain why it wouldn't make sense to play Justin Bour in center field or a pitcher behind the plate. This is their current remedy.

It may not be fair, but it kind of gets you to play the game straight and not make a mockery of the sport or insult these players' profession.
I'm playing against the CPU, offline. How exactly does making my players act like complete idiots make me "play the game straight?" These are major league guys who are in their natural position and not even attempting to catch a fly ball hit right at them. Explain to me how that benefits ANYTHING except add to the cheating the CPU already does???
Old 04-04-2019, 03:06 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:

But they could just have Justin Bour have a super slow first step or take terrible routes to balls (or both). That’s what would make him a bad CF in real life. But instead in MLBTS he just acts drunk when you put him out there. No matter how immersed you are, you’re brought back to the fact that your playing a game as soon as a hard liner gets hit at a low rated defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-04-2019, 03:07 PM   #5
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

I hear you man. I haven't touched this year's game yet, but in the past few iterations, I bit the nerve and bumped OF fielding all the way up in the sliders for both user and CPU. Less errors so no bueno, but, saves me a lot of frustration overall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 03:07 PM   #6
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

Quote:
What is with the letter casing in your thread title? Are you picking at the developers' claim on fielding? You can do that with quotation.
Pretty sure it’s from this meme: https://amp.knowyourmeme.com/memes/mocking-spongebob

Not 100% sure, could be from something else but as far I know the use of that letter casing started from that.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:08 PM   #7
Banned

Jaysguy44's Arena

The OP's lettering is like a ransom letter or a serial killer letter.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-04-2019, 03:08 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
I'm playing against the CPU, offline. How exactly does making my players act like complete idiots make me "play the game straight?" These are major league guys who are in their natural position and not even attempting to catch a fly ball hit right at them. Explain to me how that benefits ANYTHING except add to the cheating the CPU already does???
I'm not excusing it, I'm explaining it. The game has mostly similarly used code for gameplay mechanics online and offline. It's the same reason we saw rocket bunts while playing offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
Pretty sure it’s from this meme: https://amp.knowyourmeme.com/memes/mocking-spongebob

Not 100% sure, could be from something else but as far I know the use of that letter casing started from that.
LOL I was asking for its intent, not its origin. I gotcha though, exactly what I suspected. Thanks.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »