Home

fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd

This is a discussion on fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 03:17 PM   #9
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
Pretty sure it’s from this meme: https://amp.knowyourmeme.com/memes/mocking-spongebob

Not 100% sure, could be from something else but as far I know the use of that letter casing started from that.
This guy gets it.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:18 PM   #10
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm not excusing it, I'm explaining it. The game has mostly similarly used code for gameplay mechanics online and offline. It's the same reason we saw rocket bunts while playing offline.

LOL I was asking for its intent, not its origin. I gotcha though, exactly what I suspected. Thanks.
I got you, it's just pretty frustrating that it's happening, no matter what the reason is. Hopefully they fix it.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:26 PM   #11
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Does everybody just see crappier fielding than me? Everyone is complaining about fielding being terrible this year and I'm all like: bring it on.

Meanwhile I have errors cranked up extremely high and I'm just not seeing the issues that other people are.

I have seen a fielder just straight ignore a ball, but it's extremely rare and effects both me and the CPU, so I'm willing to forgive. He just lost sight of it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 04:32 PM   #12
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm actually okay with fielding errors. I was more than happy to see the outfielders make errors starting in 18.

I don't like that the game kind of predetermines throwing errors, though. The second the ball is thrown, the camera lag way behind and the crowd will audibly react before it even has had a chance to reach the target (that it will clearly miss, lol). It kind of lets you know that after everything is calculated, it's as if the game has determined the error boolean will sometimes return TRUE. I guess that's how you might have to program a game, though.

The outfielder miscues are okay for me, as well. I just don't like when players don't show sense of urgency. I also don't like how the L1 cut-off prompt rarely, rarely is allowed and the timing for it is so small.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
I know I'm not the only one, but there's no valid reason to have any outfielder rated under 70 act like complete idiots in the outfield. Also, it doesn't matter who you put out there, a major league ballplayer KNOWS HOW TO PUT THEIR GLOVE UP WHEN A BALL IS HIT RIGHT TO THEM!!!
dOeS tHiS hAppEn WiTh OuTfIeLdErS tHaT ArE rAtEd OvEr 70 tOO oR JuSt ThOsE rAtEd UnDeR 70?

A Work in Progress
Old 04-04-2019, 05:30 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Man, I just spent way too long trying to decipher this message by spelling out the capital letters, thinking there might be a secret code on how to fix the analog throws... Apparently, there was no code hidden within this odd method of typing a message...

Oh well.
~syf

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-04-2019, 06:23 PM   #15
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
dOeS tHiS hAppEn WiTh OuTfIeLdErS tHaT ArE rAtEd OvEr 70 tOO oR JuSt ThOsE rAtEd UnDeR 70?
I don't know if you're just being a smartass, which you probably are like most people on here, but I'll answer you anyways. I've only noticed it with Charlie Blackmon, Juan Soto, and Acuna - who are all rated around 60 or less. So no, I haven't seen it happen with anyone with a fielding rating over 70.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2019, 06:35 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
I don't know if you're just being a smartass, which you probably are like most people on here, but I'll answer you anyways. I've only noticed it with Charlie Blackmon, Juan Soto, and Acuna - who are all rated around 60 or less. So no, I haven't seen it happen with anyone with a fielding rating over 70.
wHeN iN rOmE...
aLsO, iS tHiS hAppEnInG wItH aUtO-fIeLdInG & mAnUeL fIeLdInG?

A Work in Progress
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »