Home

fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd

This is a discussion on fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 06:59 PM   #17
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What is with the letter casing in your thread title? Are you picking at the developers' claim on fielding? You can do that with quotation marks lol.

I believe its what the hip kids call a meme, for what its worth. IMG_2364.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-05-2019, 06:04 AM   #18
Rookie

elfdutch's Arena

OVR: 0

I quite like the fielding in 19.
In the infield I see them miss a ball every now and then, or bobble it but it looks realistic.

In the outfield my guys are catching quite a few balls, but must say they are all good fielders.
Did see my rightfielder charge a groundball to make a throw to home, and he ran over it, but did touch it to slow the ball down.
I like to see these kind of things, and don't feel it happens too much at the moment.

In another instant my midfielder was chasing a ball hit over his head, and he just could not reach it. This happened less in '18 so i'm liking what i see so far.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:35 AM   #19
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

So I’ve always been playing on All Star but changed the throwing difficulty but they got rid of this option.

I find button accuracy to easy on all-star but the rest is perfect so this year the only option to make button accuracy more challenging is to up the difficulty to hall of fame? Or isn’t it tied at all?
Old 04-05-2019, 10:50 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think the fielding is fine overall, but man I feel you when it comes to outfield play. Giancarlo is hopeless in the field in this game. I hold my breath any time the ball is hit to left -- been playing strictly MtO, otherwise I'd just have him DH instead.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-05-2019, 07:23 PM   #21
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
wHeN iN rOmE...
aLsO, iS tHiS hAppEnInG wItH aUtO-fIeLdInG & mAnUeL fIeLdInG?
Manual fielding, smartass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2019, 07:32 PM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd

I’ve had no issues with fielding personally. I use manual fielding. I’ve had infielders boot balls or not come up clean with them, but more times than not I’m able to recover and get the out.

I’ve experienced none of the outfield issues listed here and other threads

To me fielding is damn good this year and easily the best of the series

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-05-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:43 PM   #23
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
Manual fielding, smartass.
I don't think you're in the position to call anyone that, given that your thread title is written with the intent to mock the developers' own claims.

That being said, the first game I was playing right after the 1.06 patch and reading this thread, my first two fly balls I for some reason couldn't "lock" under the fly ball landing target. The first one forced my CF to make a reaching animation attempt behind him, and he missed it. The other one, my RF never put his glove up, and it hit his back. I saved the video on my PS4, so I can bring them up if need be. Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I've never seen these kinds of things before.

Haven't seen them since either though, so I'll chalk it up as a strange and timely coincidence.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-05-2019, 07:51 PM   #24
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't think you're in the position to call anyone that, given that your thread title is written with the intent to mock the developers' own claims.

That being said, the first game I was playing right after the 1.06 patch and reading this thread, my first two fly balls I for some reason couldn't "lock" under the fly ball landing target. The first one forced my CF to make a reaching animation attempt behind him, and he missed it. The other one, my RF never put his glove up, and it hit his back. I saved the video on my PS4, so I can bring them up if need be. Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but I've never seen these kinds of things before.

Haven't seen them since either though, so I'll chalk it up as a strange and timely coincidence.
Yeah, I am mocking the developers own claims. That should be obvious. I could care less what anyone thinks. Sure, people will have different experiences, but I know plenty of people have experienced what I have. The things you're experiencing aren't "coincidence," that's exactly what I'm talking about. Either you plant them right under the ball for a routine flyball, and they do some fall over drunk animation or just flat out miss it. Or they do what you experienced, and not put up their glove at all, usually on line drives. It's stupid, it's annoying, and nothing has "improved," which is what developers kept claiming before the game was released. They made it worse. This isn't how MLB professional baseball players behave in the outfield, no matter how good or bad they may be at fielding.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »