Home

fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd

This is a discussion on fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 11:22 PM   #33
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: fIeLdInG hAs BeEn ImPrOvEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I understand maybe for the first one (though I don't understand why it didn't stop my guy in the first place), but the second one I did nothing but go right until I landed underneath it.

And it's not like this happens to me all the time, man. I've been playing this game series for fourteen years, and this is the first time I've ever seen anything like it. I appreciate you providing me tips on how to play, but I don't think it was my doing that prompted this. I understand your explanation, regardless.
it looked like you sped up a bit
Old 04-05-2019, 11:39 PM   #34
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPowderDownLoL
it looked like you sped up a bit
Nope, I just held Right. I explained this in the post where the videos are. Whatever the game does when it decides to make a player jog or whatever is just that, the game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-05-2019, 11:50 PM   #35
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Nope, I just held Right. I explained this in the post where the videos are. Whatever the game does when it decides to make a player jog or whatever is just that, the game.

so your fielder just randomly sped up? did you let go of the stick hoping he would go into the animation and instead of that he just sped up and ran past the ball? that's the first i've seen that but it really does look like you just sped the player up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2019, 11:57 PM   #36
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
so your fielder just randomly sped up? did you let go of the stick hoping he would go into the animation and instead of that he just sped up and ran past the ball? that's the first i've seen that but it really does look like you just sped the player up.
LOL I didn't just speed the player up. To speed him up, I've have to slow him down first. I'd have to "feather the sticks." I did no such thing. I've played this game long enough to know where that ball was headed, and the first rule of fielding a fly ball is "get to the spot." I just ran straight for it. I still remember doing so.

This game isn't unknown for putting your player in a jogging animation time to time. Check out this video of mine from last year:

https://youtu.be/a2e4HEpDx8Y

Any time you see him jog (before he misses it and when he starts to chase after it), that's me holding down that stick aggressively, trying not to lose a ball game. The game prompted a jogging animation, then it undid it and allowed me to sprint later. These things can occur.

And "first I've seen"? This thread is built upon "first I've seen." That's why I showed these videos. It's the first I've seen my player decide to not raise his glove up, too. No sudden running burst of speed should have prompted a lack of an animation, nevermind the fact there was plenty of time for the game to branch into such an animation (almost two whole seconds!). If that happened for every time someone altered their stick and had the player do something else, you'd be hearing a lot more complaints about this.

It was weird, but it wasn't my doing. Sorry to not have been newbie enough for you, here.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 04-06-2019 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:26 AM   #37
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
post a video so we can see what you mean. you could just be really bad and you don't even know it.
People like you are unbelievable. Just because something hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it's not happening. Look at the videos below your post if you want to see just a couple examples.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:39 AM   #38
Rookie

citybythebay85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
So I guess we can close this thread since it wasn’t created to have open discussion but rather a meeting place for anyone who wants to join you in mocking developers

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Or... we can discuss the fact that there might actually be a problem with the fielding, and from this post and many others I've seen, I know I'm not the only one experiencing it. Apart from the few of you who just want to say, "it must be you, you just suck at the game." This was proven by some on here even with another guy shared his videos of it happening to him. So it seems even showing "proof" is pointless on here.

If I was a developer and I thought that I had improved something when in fact I'd just made it worse, I'd want to know. But that's just me.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:45 AM   #39
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2

I've been having no problems with the fielding this year. If you put in lower rated defenders they are going to make mistakes. And yes, professional outfielders still make egregious mistakes from time to time. There's several "highlight" reels you can find on YouTube that show this. And for a recent example; I've watched David Peralta make roughly 5 horrible reads on flyballs this year already. It happens.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Old 04-06-2019, 06:24 AM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybythebay85
Or... we can discuss the fact that there might actually be a problem with the fielding, and from this post and many others I've seen, I know I'm not the only one experiencing it. Apart from the few of you who just want to say, "it must be you, you just suck at the game." This was proven by some on here even with another guy shared his videos of it happening to him. So it seems even showing "proof" is pointless on here.

If I was a developer and I thought that I had improved something when in fact I'd just made it worse, I'd want to know. But that's just me.

In the posts prior to mine where was “proof” shown? Your thread title and first few posts in this thread never suggested you were looking for a discussion.

As for the videos I offered up my take. There’s nothing out of the realm of realism with those videos, especially when he said it was the only time he had seen them. I myself haven’t seen anything like those two videos happen in my 24 games played.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »