Home

Have ya'll seen this video?

This is a discussion on Have ya'll seen this video? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2019, 09:33 AM   #9
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Have ya'll seen this video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Snap
I had considered linking that very video here, but thought it was too off-topic for this board.

I hope they don't lock this thread, though. This needs to be seen by EVERYONE.

"I made the mistake of making my game too skill-based."

Read that again.

Well, I'll say this: it used to be when NHL launched, or from about a month prior, these boards would be filled for 5 or 6 months. If you posted something, you'd get a response in minutes if not seconds. Now, it's less than half of what it used to be for a few weeks then it's like the same 5 or 6 guys trying to figure out sliders and a random newbie who wants to let EA know there game stinks.

It's not this sites fault, it's the manufactured direction these companies are trying to take there games. They've alienated a lot of people yet they're winning. Innovation doesn't need to be sold anymore because everyone satisfies their serotonin fix with a "sick pull".

"What's up guys, it's ya boy bla bla bla, just wanted to make this quick video to show ya these aaaamaaazing pulls." Is this why board play has remained awful for like 10 years?
Old 07-23-2019, 09:40 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The Show isn't going away from offline modes.
Thats what I was trying to say. SDS isnt suicidal.

A Work in Progress
Old 07-23-2019, 11:40 AM   #11
Rookie

Cold Snap's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Thats what I was trying to say. SDS isnt suicidal.
Yeah, if there's any company that sounds like they could resist going full 2K, San Diego Studio is it.

I have no problem with the Diamond Dynasty mode itself, aside from the online requirement. I enjoy getting the cards--heck, my lineup is currently rated 86 overall, and I haven't spent a penny, nor will I ever.

My issue is with Stubs being purchasable with real money.

Now if only I could actually play some Conquest or whatever when my connection is acting up...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2019, 08:56 PM   #12
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Snap
Yeah, if there's any company that sounds like they could resist going full 2K, San Diego Studio is it.

I have no problem with the Diamond Dynasty mode itself, aside from the online requirement. I enjoy getting the cards--heck, my lineup is currently rated 86 overall, and I haven't spent a penny, nor will I ever.

My issue is with Stubs being purchasable with real money.

Now if only I could actually play some Conquest or whatever when my connection is acting up...
I hope you're right, but game-play seems to be taking a hit because all they seem to be working on is finding a sneakier way to hide their "buffer mechanics" for their online modes. And of course immersion aspects is in they way way way back. A little nicknack or two every year (and if it has any significance is usually in need of a patch or five) is getting stale real fast for me.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:29 PM   #13
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper
"What's up guys, it's ya boy bla bla bla, just wanted to make this quick video to show ya these aaaamaaazing pulls." Is this why board play has remained awful for like 10 years?
This is an accurate representation of about 89% of Sports gamers on YouTube.

Most of the old respectable breeds like Swami, JerseyBorn, and MrHuriicane are dying out. Jersey’s the only one I still watch.

I don’t know if it’s creepy or exploitative how these larger MUT and DD YouTubers are gearing their videos towards younger audiences. Most are just downright cringefests.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:55 PM   #14
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
This is an accurate representation of about 89% of Sports gamers on YouTube.

Most of the old respectable breeds like Swami, JerseyBorn, and MrHuriicane are dying out. Jersey’s the only one I still watch.

I don’t know if it’s creepy or exploitative how these larger MUT and DD YouTubers are gearing their videos towards younger audiences. Most are just downright cringefests.
I guess we got ourselves a "swamp" here. The overlords and the bottom feeders are just sucking the life out of gaming and it's hitting the sports titles hard, IMO anyway.

Gone is innovation, originality, and great experiences. Are we at the bottom yet or is this going to continue much longer? I really hope there's a leak or a story that can turn this around.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:41 AM   #15
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper
I guess we got ourselves a "swamp" here. The overlords and the bottom feeders are just sucking the life out of gaming and it's hitting the sports titles hard, IMO anyway.

Gone is innovation, originality, and great experiences. Are we at the bottom yet or is this going to continue much longer? I really hope there's a leak or a story that can turn this around.
We’ll hit rock bottom once the publishers realize they can make more money by ignoring Franchise more than they do already and including it in as Paid DLC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 05:46 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
We’ll hit rock bottom once the publishers realize they can make more money by ignoring Franchise more than they do already and including it in as Paid DLC.
Dammit, I'm in. Take my money

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »