Home

MLB The Show 20 Pre-Order Bonuses For Standard, PS Store Exclusive Digital Deluxe, GameStop Exclusive 15th Anniversary & MVP Editions

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Pre-Order Bonuses For Standard, PS Store Exclusive Digital Deluxe, GameStop Exclusive 15th Anniversary & MVP Editions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2019, 10:52 AM   #9
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20 Pre-Order Bonuses For Standard, PS Store Exclusive Digital Deluxe

Covers have NEVER gotten me excited. I’ve always hated the late release of the game as it sort of made spring training a moot point. Nice to have an earlier release, but why, all of a sudden? DD, MTO, online, never been my cup of tea. Can actually say I’ve never in tried the home run derby, just wanted a deep franchise, great atmosphere, graphics.

It’s a good game, but stale as hell. If they intend to now run with MTO.....will have to consider the options. No sense in purchasing a game that looks and feels like ‘19. It is what it is. No wishlist will change their direction.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:13 AM   #10
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show 20 Pre-Order Bonuses For Standard, PS Store Exclusive Digital Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Covers have NEVER gotten me excited. I’ve always hated the late release of the game as it sort of made spring training a moot point. Nice to have an earlier release, but why, all of a sudden? DD, MTO, online, never been my cup of tea. Can actually say I’ve never in tried the home run derby, just wanted a deep franchise, great atmosphere, graphics.

It’s a good game, but stale as hell. If they intend to now run with MTO.....will have to consider the options. No sense in purchasing a game that looks and feels like ‘19. It is what it is. No wishlist will change their direction.

Earlier release = more time for people to spend their money in DD, sadly. Sounds like they plan on going full in with MTO, which is discouraging. I think that put the final nail in the coffin for any hopes of the franchise we want. I'm looking very hard at the new Japan baseball game already.

Old 10-22-2019, 01:37 PM   #11
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

Didn't they end up doing early release for ALL preorders a couple years ago? No way I'm paying $20 extra for a steel and a bunch of crap I'll never touch just so I can play four days earlier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 01:48 PM   #12
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Great way to alienate your customer base. Allow the early release for all versions it won’t kill them.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:47 PM   #13
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Great way to alienate your customer base. Allow the early release for all versions it won’t kill them.
I agree with you... but their customer "base" are DD players.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:07 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
And now we play the waiting game.
I hate that game. someone bury me under an avalanche until spring blooms.
#TheTimeChild

A Work in Progress
Old 10-22-2019, 07:20 PM   #15
Rookie

Aka the last ps4 release!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 07:45 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunRickyRun24
Aka the last ps4 release!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I dunno. I figure it'll still be around on ps4 3 or 4 more years. so, Show 23 or 24 for ps4?

but then again, I was kinda surprised Show 16 was the last for ps3, since the last ps2 Show was 11 and the first Show for ps3 was Show 07

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »