Home

Another Year of the Show Completely Wasted

This is a discussion on Another Year of the Show Completely Wasted within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2019, 07:27 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Another Year of the Show Completely Wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
...I'm just frustrated with certain things that have been in the game for many years and want them rectified.
I figure 20 21 & probably 22 will be more status quo but I'm hoping by the time they've got a couple years on the ps5, the Show will make huge jump forward. that's a big leap of faith for me to make but despite the success Diamond Dynasty has had and the indirect impact it's made on Franchise Mode, I really believe DD will run its course and the focus will move back to franchise. like I say, big leap of faith. unfortunately as for patches, I dont see the amount going down to just a few, so it would be nice if you could opt out of whichever patches you chose, but still have access to the roster vault.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2019, 11:11 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

I agree somewhat, but anybody searching for a game to play is pretty ridiculous lol. My backlog is so big with quality games I don't even know what to do with it.

But yeah I dl'd 19 and was like what the heck.... The graphics were terrible. It looks like some really clean PS3 game at this point. Like really clean on the Pro. Clean enough that it just betrays all the bad lighting and graphical problems.

They need a total engine overhaul for this game. The PS4 version has been a continuous disappointment.

I can't believe a Sony studio has such weak chops in the graphics. It's just been a horrible outing for The Show in the photorealism department, but at least it has gotten a bit popular.

All I gotta say is these guys doing the engine had better step up for PS5. There is literally no excuse whatsoever. x86 type engines for two gens straight going adding in PS5. The merge should be easy as hell. You can't just 4K the mess that is this game graphically and call it a day lol.

I honestly don't have much faith seeing this mediocre PS4 output, but we'll see. They have gotten better at the game for sure, I just REALLY hope they do something about the look of this game.

Last edited by Paragone; 12-27-2019 at 05:28 AM.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:19 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragone
...It's just been a horrible outing for The Show, but at least it has gotten a bit popular.
I figure whatever sales have grown since 2014 (a year after MLB2k 13, the last in that series) is because it became the only real choice (disregarding OOTP & RBI). but I'm afraid Sony assumes its Diamond Dynasty that drove the surge. I believe that was merely coincidental not instrumental

A Work in Progress
Old 12-27-2019, 05:25 AM   #44
Banned

I don't feel the time has been wasted, but they are quite behind on graphics and overall presentation factors. But now we have a PC version coming at some point. Which is AMAZING.

But I have a lot of hope for the PS5 version too. Also, 20 will be interesting to see what all they are bringing to the plate. 19 was free for me no complaints, just kind of stale looking.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:55 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

More OS Thread Space Completely Wasted

thread title should be More OS Thread Space Completely Wasted.I feel like I hear away from OS, time is wasted on video games. Dont think much of it creeping its way here too. If ever there were a day I for one second thought time was beginning to be wasted on the Show, I'd hang it up and move on, instead of wasting MORE time by discussing the time I wasted. If I wanted to give good feedback to overhearing Sony ears, I'd first have to view it as spending valuable time on what's wrong with the Show and how SDS can improve upon.

you catch more flies with a glove than a bat, ya know, coach always says.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2019, 12:22 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I don't think you're that bad padgoi, I've even agreed with you once or twice in the past.

You are very stubborn, and hardline in your opinions. So when I see you accusing someone else if being closed-minded, I have to point out the hypocrisy.

Example: the majority of us regulars don't think there is a comeback code. The devs have repeatedly said there is no comeback code. And yet you are convinced otherwise. Evidence and experience don't seem to matter to you. We might as well be trying to convince an elephant it can fly.

I don't think you should be banned, but I also don't think you should expect to write such a volatile post and get no pushback either. We aren't here to be your personal echo chamber.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm convinced otherwise because I'm going to believe my own eyes and experiences rather than the experiences of others or what the developers say. It's insane to me how people don't realize that the developers have an agenda. They want to make more sales. Do you think they'd admit there was a little comeback AI if there was knowing that it would hurt sales? Of course not! But I've been experiencing this boost in ratings for years and it's honestly obvious. If you don't see it, kudos to you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2019, 01:16 PM   #47
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
I'm convinced otherwise because I'm going to believe my own eyes and experiences rather than the experiences of others or what the developers say.
And I think that this is 100% the way to go.

But I also know first-hand that the danger here is in how we interpret what our eyes see. I've run into this a ton of times when doing sliders for many games. I'd see something (and yes, I trust my own eyes) but I interpret the mechanism behind it incorrectly.

What you are interpreting as a "comeback code" may be something entirely different mechanistically. I think it could be something as simple as that the CPU players get a boost in their clutch ratings on Legend (and HOF). That, in turn, could give them a perceptible buff in key situations, especially in the late innings (where the "dice rolls" seem to be tilted in one team's favor). But that's an entirely different animal than a script that kicks-in that "makes a team lose".
Old 12-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Some people even say this ''code'' is in rookie level but if it were then other people who dominate even as low a level as all-star would get the comeback on rookie. That just isnt going to happen. If you are playing the appropriate level to your skill set then you will see a certain amount of games with a comeback. Even the '98 Yankees weren't impervious to blowing a lead here or there. Even this years Tigers made comebacks and won. Anyone who believes its coded into the game and sees ''too many'' are obviously playing on a higher level than they can handle.

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »