Home

What Team Are You Using In Franchise In The Show 20?

This is a discussion on What Team Are You Using In Franchise In The Show 20? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2020, 09:12 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What Team Are You Using In Franchise In The Show 20?

I am playing with the BoSox, as always, and this is going to be one of my favorite years. There are so many ways I can take this roster that isn't good enough to contend, isn't bad enough to bottom out, and whose farm system has maybe 4-5 guys that are apart of the future, and a lot of mid-tier guys. My goals are easy, I need to acquire a starter who can slot in the 4-5 spot, get a proven lefty in the bullpen, and stock up on young pitching talent. Devers, Bogaerts, Chavis, Jeter Downs, Benintendi, Vasquez, Durran, Dalbec, Casas, Jimenez Verdugo are all position players I'm not moving, as they're key to my future. Willing to move any other position players. Will try not to touch any pitching prospects, as it's pretty bare to begin with. My #1 trade idea I've had are going to get Morejon/Quantrill and Yates from San Diego. I will play all 162 games in year 1, and then in year 2 I'll go for the complete youth movement. Durran, Downs, Casas, Mata all starting. I could also scrap this, and go with the youth movement, now. I'm jacked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2020, 12:37 PM   #26
Rookie

right now i'm very torn between the Blue Jays, Reds, and Royals.

Toronto has a lot of great young talent but I also like the challenge of building a team up on my own. Love all 3 ballparks. Also the Royals have a new owner IRL.

Last edited by Jay Cee; 03-05-2020 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:18 PM   #27
Rookie

I’ll do a 30 team and take full control of the Braves and Rays. I’ll try to win a WS with the Braves in the next 2-3 seasons and then plan to move the Rays to NC as early as 2023.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-05-2020, 04:00 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartmanTeets6
I am playing with the BoSox, as always, and this is going to be one of my favorite years. There are so many ways I can take this roster that isn't good enough to contend, isn't bad enough to bottom out, and whose farm system has maybe 4-5 guys that are apart of the future, and a lot of mid-tier guys. My goals are easy, I need to acquire a starter who can slot in the 4-5 spot, get a proven lefty in the bullpen, and stock up on young pitching talent. Devers, Bogaerts, Chavis, Jeter Downs, Benintendi, Vasquez, Durran, Dalbec, Casas, Jimenez Verdugo are all position players I'm not moving, as they're key to my future. Willing to move any other position players. Will try not to touch any pitching prospects, as it's pretty bare to begin with. My #1 trade idea I've had are going to get Morejon/Quantrill and Yates from San Diego. I will play all 162 games in year 1, and then in year 2 I'll go for the complete youth movement. Durran, Downs, Casas, Mata all starting. I could also scrap this, and go with the youth movement, now. I'm jacked.

I am probably going to roll with the Red Sox for a while as well, for some of the reasons you mentioned. Red Sox are an interesting team heading into this year, I am curious though with all those untouchables who are you considering flipping to SD for that trade?
Old 03-05-2020, 04:07 PM   #29
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

Im not 100% sure as of yet. Normally it is the Jays, but I need to play with the Brewers and those gorgeous uniforms at some point, so I might have a go with them - or a dual Franchise with both teams.

I also plan on seeing how the rebrand works and will probably move the Rays to Montreal and maybe another team to Portland. Im thinking the A's and going with them having a new owner with deep pockets and getting away from the "Moneyball" era. They have a very promising team and seem like a piece or 2 away from being able to win it all.

(I'll most likely end up playing mostly as the Jays, who am I kidding?)
Old 03-05-2020, 05:41 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman19
I also plan on seeing how the rebrand works and will probably move ... maybe another team to Portland. Im thinking the A's and going with them having a new owner with deep pockets and getting away from the "Moneyball" era. They have a very promising team and seem like a piece or 2 away from being able to win it all.
I can see Nike, Phil and Travis Knight running the Portland Athletes, all players fully edited to wear plenty Nike equipment lol

A Work in Progress
Old 03-05-2020, 11:26 PM   #31
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I can see Nike, Phil and Travis Knight running the Portland Athletes, all players fully edited to wear plenty Nike equipment lol
Thanks for the awesome idea. I'd love to get a baseball team in Portland, but nothing can curb my love of the Phillies.

I am looking forward to bringing Bohm up in April if he's playing well in AAA. And I don't foresee Howard lasting long in the minors either, so I am excited to bring him up as well. As an added bonus I get to mash with Harper all season long.

I certainly have my work cut out for me in a tough NL East, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2020, 09:40 AM   #32
Rookie

FYI, Huge Astros fan. Ah.... We all know we weren't the only ones cheating, we were just the best at it. And I feel the fan base has embraced the heel role. All of it goes away if we win, but it will only linger if we struggle out the gate.

With that being said, I'll be doing a Pirates rebuild. I admittedly didn't get to see much Pirates games last season. I know Bell had a great season and went and looked and he didn't 1 single MVP vote.
Pretty crazy to me. (Kevin Pillar received a vote, lol). Also they have a great stadium and looking at their prospects coming up, they fill holes I enjoy playing with it. I envision a lineup in a few seasons to look something like

SS - Oneil Cruz (21)
OF - Bryan Reynolds (24)
1B - Josh Bell (26)
OF - Gregory Polanco (27)
3B - Ke'Bryan Hayes (23)
2B - Kevin Newman (25)
OF - Travis Swaggerty (22)
C - Jacob Stallings (I guess, need to think more on someone)

I'll try to the young core and then build on that rotation (Archer, Musgrove, Keller). All realistic trades and signings, so no Trout or Kershaw or anyone like that coming to save the day. Gotta hit on these drafts.

Last edited by kidklay; 03-06-2020 at 09:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »