Home

What Team Are You Using In Franchise In The Show 20?

This is a discussion on What Team Are You Using In Franchise In The Show 20? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2020, 06:08 PM   #49
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: What Team Are You Using In Franchise In The Show 20?

Astros pretty much. If not? Probably a team I've never used in any franchise, online franchise or a team who has a lot of tradable assets. (Cubs, Cleveland, etc)
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 03-08-2020, 06:50 PM   #50
Rookie

Relichris's Arena

OVR: 0
What Team Are You Using In Franchise In The Show 20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkdaballer
I suggest HoF. Lower pitch speeds if you need to.

Yeah I actually had to increase pitch speeds for All-Star in 19. I thought it was ridiculous that I was too early on 97-99 mph pitches.
XML - DENVER BRONCOS, 51-17 (6-3, playoffs)

Record: 145-51 (13-7, playoff record, 2-time SB Champ)

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/relichris
Old 03-08-2020, 08:40 PM   #51
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

I still haven't decided yet. I might carry over my Rockies Franchise from '19 until I do.

I'm down to two teams:

Seattle Mariners - I've done the M's pretty recently in '18 but they still just seem like a fun team to do a franchise with. I really like a lot of their prospects (Kelenic, Rodriguez, Lewis) and their Uniforms and Stadium are both awesome. There's also the challenge of breaking the longest playoff drought in professional sports.

San Francisco Giants - The Giants have a lot of aging key players in the lineup and don't really have the pitching to compete anytime soon. It could be fun to blow up the roster and usher in the Marco Luciano and Joey Bart era. Their ballpark is also great and has some very interesting dimensions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2020, 07:55 AM   #52
Rookie

Question, will the schedule change year to year in 20’ franchise? I was reading in past years it did not. If it doesn’t then basically your stuck playing the same inter league teams every year. Like this year the NL East plays the AL West, and would repeat each year of franchise correct?
Old 03-11-2020, 08:59 AM   #53
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeseThesis
Question, will the schedule change year to year in 20’ franchise? I was reading in past years it did not. If it doesn’t then basically your stuck playing the same inter league teams every year. Like this year the NL East plays the AL West, and would repeat each year of franchise correct?

Correct. The schedule doesn’t change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 03-11-2020, 11:31 PM   #54
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

The Tigers seem like a really fun rebuild. Have some good pitching prospects and it's always fun to play in their classic uniforms and underrated park.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:52 AM   #55
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Sometimes it just works out that your favorite sports team and the video game dropping that same year can equate to a fun playing experience. It was the same way with the Mavs and 2k after Luka rose to stardom and before we signed KP. Never had I had so much fun trying to find the pieces via the deadline, free-agency and draft to build around Luka.

This year I feel really similar about my Rangers. They've been linked to names like Arenado, Bryant, and Bradley Jr. so it will be reasonable to shop the deadline if the W/L is there. They have a brand new stadium and that came with new uniforms. There are new pieces to play with (Kluber, Frazier, Gibson, etc.). You get to solve the question most Rangers have already solved (Solak>Odor). This year should be a fun year to play with my team.

For my inevitable non-fan run through, I think I'll be choosing the Pirates this year. In my world, I'll be the GM of a freshly purchased Pittsburgh Pirates. This owner, while not looking to break the bank, is looking to make statement with his new team and has allowed us to do some spending. I still think the view from home plate at PNC might be one of the best in baseball. I love their uniforms. I think it might be a good time to give the Pirates a go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2020, 06:08 PM   #56
Rookie

TnT1tan's Arena

Every year since MVP 05 I've ran at least a season with my Braves. This year though I'm looking to play with a rebuilding AL team. I'm just stuck on who to use because I don't really have a favorite AL team. I'd love some input or someone to sell me on one of the following teams...

Seattle- Cool stadium, cool jerseys, plus Griffey was a Mariner when I was starting baseball so there's some sentimental value here. This is probably my leading candidate for franchise, but I don't really know a whole lot about any of the current M's aside from Seager, and Mallex. Mallex would prob be my first trade.

Texas- New ballpark, Joey Gallo, very high on Solak IRL, and out of all my possible teams I like this starting rotation the best.

Oakland- They would be my hands down choice because I'm a big Matt Chapman fan. Plus I like Semien and Kemp, and hitting with this lineup seems like the most fun. The only thing keeping me from using them is their abysmal financial situation. I would love some suggestions on how to approach that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »