Home

MLB The Show 20 Livestream Breakdown - Diamond Dynasty, Showdown, Team Affinity and More

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Livestream Breakdown - Diamond Dynasty, Showdown, Team Affinity and More within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2020, 06:38 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 20 Livestream Breakdown - Diamond Dynasty, Showdown, Team Affinity a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
All in all the stream got me really excited and I cant wait to get started! Just need to think of a great team name and logo
Flushing Toilets, in honor of Flushings greatest team. that one's free. more will cost ya

but seriously, I'm considering renaming the Braves NL East Rivals
Mets - Queens Kings
Phillies - Philly Cheese Steaks
Nationals - DC Ex-pos
Marlins - Florida Flamingos

A Work in Progress
Old 03-07-2020, 06:44 PM   #18
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20 Livestream Breakdown - Diamond Dynasty, Showdown, Team Affinity a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
when i read this I have the feeling we’re getting closer to Candy Crush than a real baseball sim
nah it's on that fortnite type bandwagon, all sports games are heading that way that mobile phone type $$$

Yeah I know people will say it doesn't effect you.. well it does the fact people are spending $$$$ on these mobile type game modes means less focus is made on modes that matter to me and others
Old 03-07-2020, 09:40 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 2

Smh can’t just have a DD thread where things people don’t complain about it’s existence.

Anyway back on topic. I’m pretty psyched with what they showed. Best news I took out of it was the removal of pitcher roulette. Love the energy idea, love you can use an opener. Should add a bunch of fun strategy.

Showdown seems like a cool fun new way to earn stuff because let’s be honest, Conquest gets pretty boring after awhile.

New art on the cards is beautiful.

Evolution and Red Diamonds as well as the return of Team Affinity adds some of the grinding back to the game that was sorely lacking last year.

Really happy with everything they added all over the game this year. Easily could have just acted as a bridge year but they did an awesome job giving us new content while continuing to refine the gameplay even more! Can’t wait for Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-07-2020, 09:51 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Smh can’t just have a DD thread where things people don’t complain about it’s existence.
definitely probably cant in a thread outside of the DD sub-forum. probably would have been a slightly better chance if this thread was in that sub-forum. I dunno, I never go in there and read those threads as they dont interest me. but once they come out into the main hall and more eyes are on them, all bets are off.

A Work in Progress
Old 03-07-2020, 10:04 PM   #21
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
definitely probably cant in a thread outside of the DD sub-forum. probably would have been a slightly better chance if this thread was in that sub-forum. I dunno, I never go in there and read those threads as they dont interest me. but once they come out into the main hall and more eyes are on them, all bets are off.

Or...the Franchise and DD crowds could respect each other stop trolling each other’s threads. Then maybe this forum could get back to the way it used to be. But I’m just over here counting to the minutes till midnight Thursday so don’t mind me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2020, 01:01 AM   #22
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Same boat for me, yes I’ll complain about DD but o won’t go in there and do it as it’s not right for me too and the wrong place too.

It’s also not trolling..... trolling us if I went into the DD section and posted how stupid pppl are to like the mode. And bait a reply This is a discussion my posts are about the frusfrustrstion I have with sports games recently

Last edited by ninertravel; 03-08-2020 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:33 AM   #23
Rookie

I dont mind DD but im def not hardcore for it. my question for the hardcore, when theres like 6 cards for one player, doesnt it dampen the fun?

It seems like too much to me. I get having prime cards, flashbacks but than now its like we have the "diamond prime july week 1 card for so and so."

does it not feel saturated to you guys?

its all good just seems like too many versions of people.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:03 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Or...the Franchise and DD crowds could respect each other stop trolling each other’s threads. Then maybe this forum could get back to the way it used to be. But I’m just over here counting to the minutes till midnight Thursday so don’t mind me.

yeah, the first few years DD and Franchise lived in harmony, though after awhile of perceived neglect produced frustration that sometimes comes off as trolling but isn't. but there is some trolling though, I'll grant you. the OS mods do a great job with it and it cant be easy (or fun) to have to try to see what shadows lurk in the hearts of men, who knows? sometimes it's just frustration, sometimes it's veiled trolling. tough call mods are faced with.

On-topic: Sox fan but I'm not sure how I feel about a 90 overall rated Luis Robert, even though it's just in DD. I do wish he could have spent more time right down the road from me, as a Baron.

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »