Home

MLB The Show 20 Franchise Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Franchise Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2020, 04:55 PM   #25
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB The Show 20 Franchise Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Well my 2nd go thru of the offseason resulted in us losing Patrick Wisdom to the Orioles. We actually were willing to pay him more money, but they offered a few more years. I wasn't willing to sign him to a real long term deal with his age and Nolan Gorman waiting in the wings. I offered (he's 33) 3 years with a mutual option for a 4th. The Orioles gave him 7 years.

We are now looking at the third base market to see about a plan B. Gorman I think needs another full year of AAA ball before being called up.

Anthony Rendon, Alex Bregman and Mike Moustakas are available, although Bregmann is more pricey than I'm willing to go
Oof, that's rough. Gorman could definitely be your future, and it would have been nice to have Wisdom again to allow him to finish developing. I would try to get Rendon personally on a shorter deal. I think he's a better defender and bat, and would compliment the team better.

What other plans are you looking at to improve the team for the upcoming season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #26
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I'm 2-0 so far in the early season. I just edited every teams roster and changed positions of all the fake people to create balance. Hopefully come April 1 it doesn't cause the chaos of all the trades.

Before I started the season I added all the missing people from previous games and of course replaced all my fake players with real ones. I only really care about my team in that regard.

I want to do the same but I read in another thread that editing players in franchise disrupts progression. At least it was said about 19. Not sure if that applies to 20 but my player progression is more important to me than a bunch of prospects that I might never notice changing teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 03-14-2020, 05:14 PM   #27
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
I want to do the same but I read in another thread that editing players in franchise disrupts progression. At least it was said about 19. Not sure if that applies to 20 but my player progression is more important to me than a bunch of prospects that I might never notice changing teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'm not concerned, even if it does its to all the fake single A players anyways. As long as the real players progress that is fine for me.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:22 PM   #28
Rookie

Relichris's Arena

OVR: 0

So I’ll start off saying that I won’t be sharing much in-depth analysis of my franchise on here, with the exception of streams. But how I will approach these updates will be a series recap (so you can expect 1-2 updates a day), with one game in the series being streamed if anyone would like to watch. Probably won’t get any viewers since you guys are probably playing your game instead haha, but it is an option. Anyway let’s get this going.

Team: Minnesota Twins
Record to Date: 1-3, 4th in ALC
Series: @ Athletics

Judging from the record, this series wasn’t that great. Gave up a total of 5 HRs and 11 runs scored. Matt Olson had a 4/4 in the first game, and Semien had a monster series with 2 HRs and 5 RBIs to pace the A’s in their wins. Their pitching wasn’t great though. 13 walks allowed and 33 hits. My team notables though were Josh Donaldson, leading the team with a .375 AVG and Jorge Polanco with his .462 OBP. My starting pitching has been excellent for the most part, but haven’t been given the run support. I hope to bounce back in the next series against the Mariners, who are 0-4 this season. And so far, no notable transactions have occurred.

Let me know if you guys want more specifics like awards and All-Star voting. And if you want to catch a stream of mine, my twitch is http://www.twitch.tv/relichris. It’s also in my signature here if you are on a browser.
XML - DENVER BRONCOS, 51-17 (6-3, playoffs)

Record: 145-51 (13-7, playoff record, 2-time SB Champ)

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/relichris
Old 03-14-2020, 06:26 PM   #29
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Was on my way to starting 4-0 and then this ultimate f*****y happened in the 9th

Old 03-14-2020, 06:47 PM   #30
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Was on my way to starting 4-0 and then this ultimate f*****y happened in the 9th

That is awesome haha
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 03-14-2020, 07:22 PM   #31
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamhat1915
Oof, that's rough. Gorman could definitely be your future, and it would have been nice to have Wisdom again to allow him to finish developing. I would try to get Rendon personally on a shorter deal. I think he's a better defender and bat, and would compliment the team better.

What other plans are you looking at to improve the team for the upcoming season?
We ended up signing Anthony Rendon to a one year $15M deal to bridge the gap until we get Nolan Gorman ready.

We really went after depth for pitching. We added Steven Matz on a year deal for $8M (he missed all last year with injury) and Tyler Beede. We re-worked our bullpen to try and get depth, but we also dealt away Trevor Rosenthal since he was upset he wasn't the closer to the Tigers for prospects. Adam Cimber was our biggest addition and we brought back Pedro Baez, and added John Gant.

We re-signed Stephen Piscotty and brought back Tommy Pham as we are considering using Piscotty as the 26th man to be primarily a spot defender but a pinch hitter. Pham is an insurance policy if Jo Adell struggles again this year. I almost dealt him during the offseason but didn't.

We really didn't add much else aside from resigning as I thought we had a decent core, but again the blow of losing Wisdom, one of the best players in baseball was tough.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2020, 07:41 PM   #32
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Starting with my Blue Jays. I have only signed Tim Beckham at this point to compete for a bench spot. I have considered signing Puig to play in the outfield for us and rotate the DH. I think I will start as is and see how Beckham does in AAA. If anyone struggles to start, I might grab Puig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »