Home

Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2020, 11:17 AM   #145
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29
Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSerendipity
Pederson for Giles/Kay from TOR?.
Is this Pederson for either Giles OR Kay or Giles + Kay?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BlueJays09; 03-31-2020 at 05:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2020, 01:31 PM   #146
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread

Would this trade make sense for both teams? I am the Braves and I want a front line starter to go with Soroka. It will make the team better earlier I think.

Braves trade
Dansby Swanson
Max Fried
Drew Waters

Indians trade
Francisco Lindor
Mike Clevinger
Old 03-31-2020, 04:01 PM   #147
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Would this trade make sense for both teams? I am the Braves and I want a front line starter to go with Soroka. It will make the team better earlier I think.

Braves trade
Dansby Swanson
Max Fried
Drew Waters

Indians trade
Francisco Lindor
Mike Clevinger
Max Fried isn't far off from front line starter material tbh. And I think the Indians would want far more to replace the face of their franchise and their ace. Probably need to throw Ian Anderson in that deal as well to even have the Indians consider that
Old 03-31-2020, 04:02 PM   #148
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
Max Fried isn't far off from front line starter material tbh. And I think the Indians would want far more to replace the face of their franchise and their ace. Probably need to throw Ian Anderson in that deal as well to even have the Indians consider that
Yeah and that might be realistically too much for the Braves to give up. Since both of those players are getting expensive in arbitration. And Lindor would be a free agent after 2021.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:37 PM   #149
Rookie

cubsgocontinental23's Arena

Hi All,

Every year I do a 30 team control and do a full trade deadline by myself. I hate the unrealistic computer trades, I love the storylines and investment that this creates for myself. I've decided this year that I would like to get some feedback on some trades that I am considering making in my Orioles franchise, as I have just reached the ASB.

This post is examining one trade in particular, I am considering moving Trevor Bauer to the Braves. Bauer has stated many times that he believes that he will sign a one-year deal each year for the rest of his career. Cincinnati, having a record of 42-52, is looking to get something in return as a cost from the deal they made last year. The Braves are 59-36 and 4.0 GB of the Nationals. The Nationals pitching staff has been incredible, their top 3 starters have sub 2 ERA's. The Braves staff has been average, but to compete in this division, they might need a little help. Here is the proposed trade:

Braves get: Trevor Bauer (87 OVR, High B POT, MLB - 108.1 IP, 3.2 WAR, 3.74 ERA, 1.38 WHIP, 2.57 FIP, 8.89 K/9, 3.07 BB/9, 0.33 HR/9)

Reds get: Bryce Ball (64 OVR, Low B POT, AAA - .319/.395/.389, 21 G, 72 AB, 1 HR, 6 RBI's), Kyle Wright (66 OVR, High B POT, AAA - 79.1 IP, 4.08 ERA, 1.69 WHIP, 67 K, 49 BB, 8 HR), Jasseel De La Cruz (58 OVR, High C POT, AA - 71.0 IP, 3.17 ERA, 1.62 WHIP, 78 K, 39 BB, 5 HR)

The advanced statistics tell way more of a story for Trevor than his ERA and WHIP suggest. He is pitching quite well, however, the market for a rental SP is awful right now. I believe with Kyle Wright's struggles this year, they would be willing to give him up for a nice change of scenery type deal.

Let me know what you guys think! More to come soon.

Last edited by cubsgocontinental23; 03-31-2020 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:06 PM   #150
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsgocontinental23
Hi All,

Every year I do a 30 team control and do a full trade deadline by myself. I hate the unrealistic computer trades, I love the storylines and investment that this creates for myself. I've decided this year that I would like to get some feedback on some trades that I am considering making in my Orioles franchise, as I have just reached the ASB.

This post is examining one trade in particular, I am considering moving Trevor Bauer to the Braves. Bauer has stated many times that he believes that he will sign a one-year deal each year for the rest of his career. Cincinnati, having a record of 42-52, is looking to get something in return as a cost from the deal they made last year. The Braves are 59-36 and 4.0 GB of the Nationals. The Nationals pitching staff has been incredible, their top 3 starters have sub 2 ERA's. The Braves staff has been average, but to compete in this division, they might need a little help. Here is the proposed trade:

Braves get: Trevor Bauer (87 OVR, High B POT, MLB - 108.1 IP, 3.2 WAR, 3.74 ERA, 1.38 WHIP, 2.57 FIP, 8.89 K/9, 3.07 BB/9, 0.33 HR/9)

Reds get: Bryce Ball (64 OVR, Low B POT, AAA - .319/.395/.389, 21 G, 72 AB, 1 HR, 6 RBI's), Kyle Wright (66 OVR, High B POT, AAA - 79.1 IP, 4.08 ERA, 1.69 WHIP, 67 K, 49 BB, 8 HR), Jasseel De La Cruz (58 OVR, High C POT, AA - 71.0 IP, 3.17 ERA, 1.62 WHIP, 78 K, 39 BB, 5 HR)

The advanced statistics tell way more of a story for Trevor than his ERA and WHIP suggest. He is pitching quite well, however, the market for a rental SP is awful right now. I believe with Kyle Wright's struggles this year, they would be willing to give him up for a nice change of scenery type deal.

Let me know what you guys think! More to come soon.
It's an interesting move. I don't know if the Braves give up those 3 guys for a half-season of Bauer. Wright is a top 50 prospect and #4 for the Braves, while De La Cruz is a fringe top 10 guy. Then Bryce Ball is going to blow up here in the next few years...if he plays like he did last year, Ball will be a top 100 prospect without question and the Braves are extremely high on him as is. So I think maybe Wright and De La Cruz get it done, or at least Wright, De La Cruz, and flyer.

Last edited by GR5Noles; 03-31-2020 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:23 PM   #151
Rookie

jdmsi7's Arena

OVR: 4

Playing as Boston, who would some realistic first base targets be as an upgrade over Moreland?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NHL: Boston Bruins
NCAA: Uconn Huskies and Michigan Wolverines
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2020, 11:35 PM   #152
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsi7
Playing as Boston, who would some realistic first base targets be as an upgrade over Moreland?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Josh Bell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »