Home

Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2020, 06:07 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread

One thing SDS needs to fix is a glitch in the trade program. IRL a player who signs in the offseason cannot be traded away by the acquiring team until June 15.

In my franchise Rendon signed with the Padres and was already on the trade block in the first week of the season. The will accept a deal involving Marte and Archer for him but I'll wait until June 15 to take a serious look at whether I can afford his gradual increasing contract.

My guess is San Diego signed him before they finished arbitration and renewable contracts and now realize they can't afford him in future years. Similar things have happened IRL but he shouldn't be available until June 15.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:49 PM   #66
Pro

Going to need for someone to place some value for me on a player from my carry-over franchise. I'm in year 2020. IRL this player as flatlined as from what he was thought to be, so IRL value wouldn't match what his value in the game is. Currently looking for trade comps as I'm at the trade deadline.

18 GS, 8-3, 3.15 ERA, was below 3 as his last game he got murdered. 1.21 WHIP. 8.03 K/9, 1.90 BB/9. Currently 5th in CY Young Race

Half year left on contract. 3 Million!

Spoiler
Old 03-21-2020, 10:51 PM   #67
Rookie

A few guys I'd like to target in my Pirates franchise over the next few years are:

SP Tony Gonsolin LAD
CF DJ Peters LAD
RHP Dennis Santana LAD
SP Kolby Allard TEX
P Taylor Hearn TEX
C Sam Huff TEX
SP Brent Honeywell TB
OF Estevan Florial NYY
SP Enyel De Los Santos PHI
SP JoJo Romero PHI
Old 03-22-2020, 12:19 AM   #68
Rookie

Coldarmy13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamC24167
what would you rate a good trade for Arenado from the Cards?
That’s already up on the first couple of pages. Still looking for a trade for the Braves though.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:47 AM   #69
Rookie

TnT1tan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldarmy13
That’s already up on the first couple of pages. Still looking for a trade for the Braves though.
I would think for it to be realistic Pache or Waters would need to be included plus a top level pitching prospect.

The thought of parting with either Pache or Waters is terrifying to me as a Braves fan though.

I'm probably going to go for Chapman when I start my Braves franchise, depending on how Riley pans out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-22-2020, 12:59 AM   #70
Rookie

Coldarmy13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT1tan
I would think for it to be realistic Pache or Waters would need to be included plus a top level pitching prospect.

The thought of parting with either Pache or Waters is terrifying to me as a Braves fan though.

I'm probably going to go for Chapman when I start my Braves franchise, depending on how Riley pans out.

I was figuring a Riley/Pache type deal but wanted it to be legit so I posted here. Not sure exactly what gets it done
Old 03-22-2020, 01:13 AM   #71
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldarmy13
I was figuring a Riley/Pache type deal but wanted it to be legit so I posted here. Not sure exactly what gets it done

I saw a deal in which it was Arenado for Riley/Wilson+ that I liked.

In my own personal opinion, Arenado is the toughest to crack. His opt out effects his value so significantly. I’ve seen similar trades drawn up for Arenado to Texas that included Jung and Huff but from what I understand, those two players were never even proposed to be in the same deal. It was long rumored to be Jung, Winn and Hernandez. Riley and Wilson feels like a legitimate launching point, should we be factoring in Nolan’s opt out. If we’re not, and I’ll leave this up to Bard as he contributes far more than I, you have to start much higher up the board with a guy like Waters or Pache plus Riley and then a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2020, 02:28 AM   #72
Rookie

Coldarmy13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT1tan

Chapman would be real nice! Not sure if the As would move him already though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »