Home

Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2020, 07:34 AM   #465
Rookie

MightyMaxxx13's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Trade simulator has this at:

STL receives: -$19.6
COL receives: +$9.2

I’d be behind this if there was a way to retain money (come on SDS!), but taking the back end of that Blackmon contract through his age 37 season is going to be a regrettable move for any team, especially given that he a liability in the field.

Would make more sense in the AL, no?
Replace Lane Thomas with Dexter Fowler and it makes a lot more sense. Bad contract swap, Rockies still get a pitcher(s) with some upside, and Fowler gets to return to his original team (feel good story?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2020, 01:16 PM   #466
Rookie

OVR: 0

Couple of trades were just made between AI teams. RedSox trade Rusney Castillo 1M salary, FA next year, to Cleveland for Oliver Perez. Also in his last year of his deal.

Second deal way more intriguing...Rays trade Yandy Diaz to NYM for Dom Smith. Trade simulator isn’t a fan but I realize this isn’t real life so things can change. Currently it’s June 4th in my franchise. I’m thinking Rays have to free up a spot for Wander. They can shift Adames to 3rd and put Wander at SS. But it’s nice to see the AI making moves that seem to make sense.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:25 PM   #467
Rookie

jdiaz891's Arena

OVR: 1

Giants trying to work out a trade with the red soxs. I would like to send Drew Smyly over to the red soxs. Red Soxs dont have a strong farm system and Drew Smyly wouldnt cost alot.

I would like to get Jonathan Arauz in return.

Redsox get Drew Smyly

Giants get Jonathan Arauz +???

Any ideas would be helpful. Trying to be fair but every name i choose makes me feel like either im not getting a good return or im getting to much.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:15 PM   #468
Rookie

MightyMaxxx13's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaz891
Giants trying to work out a trade with the red soxs. I would like to send Drew Smyly over to the red soxs. Red Soxs dont have a strong farm system and Drew Smyly wouldnt cost alot.

I would like to get Jonathan Arauz in return.

Redsox get Drew Smyly

Giants get Jonathan Arauz +???

Any ideas would be helpful. Trying to be fair but every name i choose makes me feel like either im not getting a good return or im getting to much.
Arauz is worth a fair amount more than Smyly using the calc. Also worth noting that Arauz is a Rule 5 pick so assuming you want realism, he can’t be optioned during 2020 or else he’d be returned to Houston.

Last edited by MightyMaxxx13; 05-19-2020 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:56 PM   #469
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

Anyone have any good trade ideas to get rid of Lance Lynn? Want a different SP.

With morale boosts he's rated an 88 but his lack of control makes him difficult to play with, and he has a 10 mil contract so budget issues are a thing too.

Want to trade him for ideally a SP in 85+ range
Old 05-19-2020, 11:07 PM   #470
Rookie

Question Re: Official MLB 20 the Show Trade Discussion Thread

Hey all, first post on here. Here is a quick rundown of what's going on in my franchise so far.
I've moved the Houston Astros to Colorado Springs and renamed them the Sky Sox. I've also released all their players, hopped over to OOTP for a sec, held an expansion draft, and then filled up my MLB the Show 20 roster with the results of the OOTP expansion draft.
I am currently in second place in the AL West, and, despite my best efforts, I think that my first season is going to be a bust. I am in late August of 2020 and I am 16 games out of first place. I think I'll get into the wild card, but I doubt I'll go very far beyond that. I have two big issues, I lack a true number one starter, and I have a black hole at first base.
I started the season with Luke Voit at first, then right after the all star break I traded him for Josh Bell, thinking I was getting an upgrade. Bell had 18 dingers and a .288 batting average up to that point. Bell then proceeded to fall off a CLIFF and in one month with my Sky Sox he's batting .100 with 1 dinger, playing full time.
As for my starting rotation, here's what I've got
Trevor Bauer (Having a fantastic year, I'll definitely resign him)
Madison Bumgarner (Likewise, having a great year)
Zack Wheeler (Keeping his ERA just below 4, good enough)
David Price (He's either vintage David Price, or he gives up like 8 runs, very uneven)
Mike Foltynewicz (Having a solid year, ERA around 3.60)

So, here's my thinking. This offseason I want to pull the trigger on two trades if I can, let me know if you guys think this is possible.
Trade Number One:
Josh Bell and Mike Foltynewicz to the New York Yankees for Giancarlo Stanton and an A potential prospect (if you have any ideas on who, lemme know)
Reasoning: The Yankees are probably looking to dump Stanton's gigantic contract, and he had a bit of a down year this season. Plus, my DH this season, Corey Dickerson, has been mediocre, and I could use an upgrade. Sticking Stanton at DH would also decrease the chances of injury.

I should probably mention the rest of my outfield to make it clear why I don't want Stanton playing in the field. In right I've got Mookie Betts, center I have Kevin Kiermaier, and in left I have surprise all star, home run derby participant, and 30+ home run hitting Mike Yastrzemski.

Trade Number Two:
A potential prospect from Yankees, Jordan Balazovic, and Brendan Rodgers to the New York Mets for Jacob DeGrom and Dominic Smith.
Reasoning: The Mets are solidly out of contention this season, but DeGrom is still elite. He would give me a true ace. The only issue is putting together the right prospect package to reel him in. I'd also need Dominic Smith to fill the hole at first base.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:12 PM   #471
MVP

GamecocksLaw17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdiplayer
Hey all, first post on here. Here is a quick rundown of what's going on in my franchise so far.
I've moved the Houston Astros to Colorado Springs and renamed them the Sky Sox. I've also released all their players, hopped over to OOTP for a sec, held an expansion draft, and then filled up my MLB the Show 20 roster with the results of the OOTP expansion draft.
I am currently in second place in the AL West, and, despite my best efforts, I think that my first season is going to be a bust. I am in late August of 2020 and I am 16 games out of first place. I think I'll get into the wild card, but I doubt I'll go very far beyond that. I have two big issues, I lack a true number one starter, and I have a black hole at first base.
I started the season with Luke Voit at first, then right after the all star break I traded him for Josh Bell, thinking I was getting an upgrade. Bell had 18 dingers and a .288 batting average up to that point. Bell then proceeded to fall off a CLIFF and in one month with my Sky Sox he's batting .100 with 1 dinger, playing full time.
As for my starting rotation, here's what I've got
Trevor Bauer (Having a fantastic year, I'll definitely resign him)
Madison Bumgarner (Likewise, having a great year)
Zack Wheeler (Keeping his ERA just below 4, good enough)
David Price (He's either vintage David Price, or he gives up like 8 runs, very uneven)
Mike Foltynewicz (Having a solid year, ERA around 3.60)

So, here's my thinking. This offseason I want to pull the trigger on two trades if I can, let me know if you guys think this is possible.
Trade Number One:
Josh Bell and Mike Foltynewicz to the New York Yankees for Giancarlo Stanton and an A potential prospect (if you have any ideas on who, lemme know)
Reasoning: The Yankees are probably looking to dump Stanton's gigantic contract, and he had a bit of a down year this season. Plus, my DH this season, Corey Dickerson, has been mediocre, and I could use an upgrade. Sticking Stanton at DH would also decrease the chances of injury.

I should probably mention the rest of my outfield to make it clear why I don't want Stanton playing in the field. In right I've got Mookie Betts, center I have Kevin Kiermaier, and in left I have surprise all star, home run derby participant, and 30+ home run hitting Mike Yastrzemski.

Trade Number Two:
A potential prospect from Yankees, Jordan Balazovic, and Brendan Rodgers to the New York Mets for Jacob DeGrom and Dominic Smith.
Reasoning: The Mets are solidly out of contention this season, but DeGrom is still elite. He would give me a true ace. The only issue is putting together the right prospect package to reel him in. I'd also need Dominic Smith to fill the hole at first base.
It is really hard to give advice on trades in fictitious franchises like fantasy drafts, etc. But the Degrom trade is too light. You want an ace but need to give up better pospects. For the Mets to ship DeGrom to the Yankees it would take a massive overpay. The current deal doesn't even include enough value for DeGrom in a non-overpay scenario
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2020, 02:39 PM   #472
Rookie

jdiaz891's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMaxxx13
Arauz is worth a fair amount more than Smyly using the calc. Also worth noting that Arauz is a Rule 5 pick so assuming you want realism, he can’t be optioned during 2020 or else he’d be returned to Houston.
The calc values also include current season stats. Assuming Smyly is having a good season his value would be higher they what the calc currently shows which is a -0.1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »