Home

MLB The Show 21 Stadium Creator Leaked Via SDS YouTube Page

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Stadium Creator Leaked Via SDS YouTube Page within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2021, 01:29 PM   #65
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21 Stadium Creator Leaked Via SDS YouTube Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
I just hope there are a few decent generic stadiums and backgrounds that we choose from and possibly accessorize with team logo's, colors, etc. I always rebrand the Tampa Bay Rays as the Montreal Royals and one of the biggest frustrations is choosing a stadium. Unless you overlook a lot things, there just aren't that many suitable stadiums.
Just curious why do you rename them the Royals as that name is already taken by KC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2021, 03:22 PM   #66
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
Just curious why do you rename them the Royals as that name is already taken by KC.
I'm not a huge fan of the Expo name and after doing some research, found out that the Montreal Royals (Royales) were a minor league baseball team in Quebec and the top farm club of then Brooklyn Dodgers. Jackie Robinson actually played 2nd base for them before going on to break the color barrier in MLB. ..... that probably answers your question. Here's were I get long winded and showcase my wikipedia nerdness.

They played at Delorimier Downs/Stadium ( left 341 / center 441 / right 293 or 320, depending on reference material). And there may have been a 12' high wall surround the outfield. The Los Angeles Dodgers dropped the Royals as an affiliate in 1960. Jarry Park Stadium was built in hopes of swaying the ownership of the Montreal/Royals franchise to stay, but upon completion of the stadium, they decided to relocate to Syracuse, NY. Jarry Park would go on to become the temporary home of the Montreal Expos while Olympic Stadium was being built. At any rate, the Royals changed their name to Chiefs and subsequently went on to be affiliates of several MLB clubs - Twins, Mets, Senators, Tigers, Yankees, Blue Jays, and.....since 2008, the Washington Nationals. How's that for irony?

Like many baseball teams, the Royals/Expos have a fascinating, rich history that I wish MLB did more to showcase. They could make documentaries on every team and their affiliates, and have 100's, if not thousands, of hours of baseball history and storytelling.

Sorry to be so long winded!
Old 02-12-2021, 04:22 PM   #67
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

I am happy for those that wanted this and got it. Though I still question the source.

For me personally, it was not on my list. I had checked out of buying 21 because of removing year to year carryover.

If this were paired with improvements in scouting, progression/regression, draft class generation, and expanded rosters I would look at the game as a whole and have to think about it and maybe make it a late summer purchase.

Without those changes, I won't be buying. Create a stadium means nothing to me.

Again though I recognize this was a long sought feature and am happy for those that wanted it.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 02-12-2021, 05:52 PM   #68
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

Re: Create a stadium leaked!

Watch it be for only Diamond Dynasty, like team creation...
Old 02-12-2021, 06:15 PM   #69
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
I'm not a huge fan of the Expo name and after doing some research, found out that the Montreal Royals (Royales) were a minor league baseball team in Quebec and the top farm club of then Brooklyn Dodgers. Jackie Robinson actually played 2nd base for them before going on to break the color barrier in MLB. ..... that probably answers your question. Here's were I get long winded and showcase my wikipedia nerdness.

They played at Delorimier Downs/Stadium ( left 341 / center 441 / right 293 or 320, depending on reference material). And there may have been a 12' high wall surround the outfield. The Los Angeles Dodgers dropped the Royals as an affiliate in 1960. Jarry Park Stadium was built in hopes of swaying the ownership of the Montreal/Royals franchise to stay, but upon completion of the stadium, they decided to relocate to Syracuse, NY. Jarry Park would go on to become the temporary home of the Montreal Expos while Olympic Stadium was being built. At any rate, the Royals changed their name to Chiefs and subsequently went on to be affiliates of several MLB clubs - Twins, Mets, Senators, Tigers, Yankees, Blue Jays, and.....since 2008, the Washington Nationals. How's that for irony?

Like many baseball teams, the Royals/Expos have a fascinating, rich history that I wish MLB did more to showcase. They could make documentaries on every team and their affiliates, and have 100's, if not thousands, of hours of baseball history and storytelling.

If you have an interest in the Expos history tryout the book Up, up and Away by Jonah Keri. Very good read.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 02-12-2021, 06:39 PM   #70
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Quote:

No problem. I didn't know any of that. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:32 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Jarry Park would go on to become the temporary home of the Montreal Expos while Olympic Stadium was being built.
As a kid I went to a couple of Expos games and sat in the bleachers at Jerry Park (either the summer of '73 or maybe it was '74) and that place wasn't even big enough to even be considered a dump. Haha ... Rusty "Le Grand Orange" Staub and a young rising star named Gary Carter played for the team back then.

Carry on ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2021, 02:44 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

this was one of Sony's best kept secrets to make it well into February before this news broke. and frankly after announcing no y2y saves for 21, they needed something big like this to put the snap back in their turtle. I know this won't make it a must buy for those that will hold off on 21 because of the y2y thing but it will be enough to get back the sales of a lot of those that haven't bought in for last 2-3-4 years. on the downside, I've been thinking to pull off a thing of this magnitude, the Studio may have also had to cut corners and drop all the fake minor league parks and classic stadiums too, in that what we may be left with are 30 real big league stadiums and this create-a-stadium too.

and I'll gladly accept

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »