Home

MLB The Show 21: Five Things We Want From Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21: Five Things We Want From Franchise Mode within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2021, 09:12 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 21: Five Things We Want From Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
Jack Clements is only one example of a left handed catcher. There were others in the past though not very many. Nevertheless, I do not understand why they are not allowed in the game. Perhaps it is a programming issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

It would be a programming issue. A whole other set of animations to incorporate into the game. Lots of work in that.

I’d love to see it to, but not at the expense of all the other things mentioned here.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2021, 10:15 AM   #26
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

[quote=Karle;2050334785]1. Ability to restructure the divisions or eliminate divisions entirely and change number of teams so one can recreate the MLB of years past. Not just expand the 30 teams, but to also reduce the total number of teams to such as 20, 16 etc.

2. Ability to truly relocate a team vis-a-vis morale. If I relocate the Dodgers to Brooklyn I should be able to redesignate it an "East" team. As it is now, as I understand it, even if you change the city to Brooklyn, the players morale is still evaluated based on the team being a West team.

5. Ability to make "universal" uniform changes to all players on a roster. As it is now if you wish all the players on a team to have high socks you have to edit each player individually. There was a time when player's uniforms were just that ... uniform. To this with collar.

Ditto Karle 1-2-5

1. Text to Speech Synthesizer for teams players managers and Stadiums.
Announcement of Ebbets Field may never be offered otherwise.
This year the announcers only say Brooklyn or
Dodgers separately combining Brooklyn Dodgers together seems a better choice.

2. Ability to reduce the number of teams in each league to 8.
Reduce number of games in a season and number of innings in a game.

3. Accessories offer different eras equipment.
Helmets during Mickey Mantle's time were flat at the bottom.

4. " Baggy Uniforms "

5. New upgraded player models.
More elaborate face tool not a redo but and add to.
Love this amazing game!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

Last edited by Scooter3; 03-06-2021 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-06-2021, 11:43 AM   #27
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Just having a consistent year to year effort in improving the mode would make me happy (every suggestion from this thread can be the punchlist). I'll beat my own dead horse, when a company is too engrossed in their micro-transaction program, there is no hope for any other mode. NBA 2k does all of these spiffy things, so why can't SCEA?...well, because...
Old 03-06-2021, 12:19 PM   #28
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Everyone else has pretty much covered everything I would want. So I'll just give 5 things that I wouldn't necessarily call high priority but should be included for realism sake.

1. INJURIES
  • Contextual injuries based on what's actually happening in the game. No more of the previous play the ball fouled off behind the plate but somehow the pitcher took a nasty shot to the head.
  • Show the injured player, I don't need to see a bone popping out, but show the player grabbing the affected area (shoulder, hamstring),sitting down if it's really bad or hobbling at least to indicate were the injury is.
  • The commentary team kind of brush off injuries they should be talking about and that commentary should probably replace or work in conjunction with the pop up message
2. REBRAND/RELOCATE ANY TEAM
  • We should be able to rebrand relocate any team within our franchise not just the team you're using. Especially since we have a stadium creator just because I'm not using the rays doesn't mean I want them to stay in the Trop (nobody deserves that)
3. COMMENTARY
  • Give them something to say. I'm not sure how many lines the commentary guys have but RDR2 had 500,000 of dialogue. There ar so many stats and things going on in a baseball season there has to be a lot more to say that than "He's certainly not Chipper Jones" or "The freedom in that hack". They can talk about other games going on league leaders anything there is a lot to talk about.
  • Related to the previous point I don't dislike Heidi they just need to drop her model, and give her more information to talk about. She can talk about injuries the mood in the stadium doing. She's a wasted opportunity
  • Make it more fluid in 2K they will be making a comment then get interrupted then pick back up with there original thought. I hit a single to the gap and the guys are still talking about how "They'd be shocked if the pitcher went to the well a 3rd time"
4. LIVELY DUGOUTS, BULLPENS, BALL BOYS
  • Live cutscenes. Players in the Bullpen or Dugout should have some kind of AI routines that can be cut to instead. The should be reacting to amazing plays or look uninterested in blowouts, moving between leaning over the dugout fence and sitting down. Laughing, scowling just make them more alive. Let's see a ball hit into the bullpen and the guys warming react. The Ball boys/girls probably should be reacting when a line drive is at their head just saying.
  • Please mo-cap someone walking down the dugout stairs properly. Lots of games struggle with stairs but we have the tech let's get this done. It looks terrible.
  • There's a lot of personality you see from players all we really get in The Show are the occasional hijinks pregame cut scene.
5. MANGER/GM PHILOSOPHIES AND MOVEMENT
  • We should see managers and GMs hired and fired by the computer. I've seen managers and staff go to other teams but it doesn't seem to really do anything or not really acknowledged in any meaningful way.
  • Both GMs and Managers should have different philosophies. You could start the GM with the teams current philosophy but if they get fired the type of players, how much the team spends should change based on the new front office. That keeps things fresh over multiple years as new regimes come in maybe they decide to build for the long term through the farm system or want to win "now" through free agency.
  • Managers should have their own identity as well. Maybe a guys old school and leaves pitchers in for longer or is really aggressive on the bases regardless. Maybe he never wants his pitchers to play it safe and just go after the opposition big bats. There is so much they could do.
Again these aren't the most important things but would help with immersion.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:09 PM   #29
Rookie

Jhack99's Arena

There are so many things 5 isn't enough.. However.

Rotating Schedules, this has been a need for MANY a years. Or give me the ability to make the schedule..

Improved Drafting/Scouting. Four scouts isn't enough. And increase player depth (I'm looking at you West Coast) This would also include international scouting and signing periods.

Rule changes need to be updated. Playoff rule change, happened years ago, still not correct in the show. Slides at second base are 95% illegal. I'll throw replay challenges in here as well, they need to be everywhere for every scenario. I'd love to be able to challenge the back end of a double play, but nope.

Defensive AI/Bullpen. Do I need to explain this one. If they have a lefty available in the pen and I have three righties coming to bat you can bet I'm seeing the lefty.. Defensively - diving catches with subpar fielders, plays off or near walls are way to clean and easy for the cpu, never a bobble or bad hop miscue..

Stats, stats, and more stats. Make them available everywhere in game especially. I want historical stats vs a pitcher broken down by batter by pitch type etc. Make the touch pad useful for this instead of being a waste of time that I gotta hit the pause button.

I could go on forever...
Old 03-06-2021, 01:50 PM   #30
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Re: and now for something completely slightly different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
* left-handed catchers. we got left-handed shortstops, past time catchers get that same opportunity lol
* cpu balks. and catchers interference while they're at it
* normal bunts. this ain't rocket surgery, just cut off the rocket
* player attribute progression/regression where attributes stay the same the whole season with whatever rating a player has day one spring training. and doesn't update till day one the next spring training. so you're taking an unknown chance on signing free agents or re-signing your last years players. free agents are like a box of chocolates: you don't know what ya got till they open their first paycheck
* three-way players: I'm not sure but I think it's pronounced ''manage a trois'' - every day players who can also pitch... AND manage. yeah, player coaches
There hasn't been a left handed full time catcher since 1902....Probably because if you're left handed and can throw, why waste that left handedness at catcher when you can put it to work on the mound?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

Last edited by Godgers12; 03-06-2021 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:57 PM   #31
Banned

How about just 1 Thing.....

A damn update about franchise mode on the ps5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2021, 05:10 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 5

Unless that left handed catcher is second in the league in home runs as Jack Clements was in 1893. I would think you would want a player like that playing every day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »